Sign in to follow this  
taznkid

Current Korhal Vanguard, Spell Buffer, Chilling Artifact

I would have done that but there wasn't a good active model animation for it

check sc2mapster custom assets there have so much to use

- Chilling - I rly like recent change. Item became very powerful on some heroes, Micro for example, which basically gives him double Slime.

- Korhal - Active makes item kinda crap. Passive was boring, but not sure if mandatory.

- Spell Buffer - active doesn't rly fit the game I think. There are to many spells with instant cast - Cow is the best example. Beta is dealing with instant weapons, maybe its also a time to deal with instant spell casts? Some kind of short animation before casting Cow toilet or wall would give time to react and make Spell Buffer active useful because on short distances travel time isn't noticeable. Item can be useful against Vergil ulti or even Dustin rockets, but there is no way to make value of that active against Cow. In Dota 2 most of the spells has some cast time during which is unique animations. It gives opportunity to cancel the cast and force enemy to react, it also gives opportunity to counter it. I wish to keep Spell Buffer active, but it rly requires slower spell casts.

I dont think all spells need animations. Keep in mind that everything with an animation can be dodged by blink, an ability that is already of significant power in AoS. I think there should simply be better passive spell-resistence items (an aura item still has my preference for reasons already repeated) so that players are forced to adapt their item builds to the enemy draft rather than playing a hero on "the one most efficient build".

didn't old barbed used to go red when you attack and show a lightning bolt when active. I think half of the skill is knowing it's active in the first place.

didn't old barbed used to go red when you attack and show a lightning bolt when active. I think half of the skill is knowing it's active in the first place.

I think the lightning bolt part is Electric Mantle. The most recent Barbed Plating before removal was a Passive. Edited by taznkid