Sign in to follow this  
WhaleTits

Changelog v1.262-1.263

Changelog v1.263

Game Sys

- Disabled shadow skin due to mac crashing issue. Will be testing to see if I can fix this...

- Fixed Korhal/Spell Buffer actives applying to invulnerable units (like toxi's ult...)

Changelog v1.262 - Really big patch since its been a month. Trying to bring game systems and individual roles more in line with each other and define them better.

Game Sys

- Agi grants +.026% Wpn Spd +.2 Armor -> +.026% Wpn Spd +.2 Wpn Dmg

- Primary Stat Bonus +.5 Wpn Dmg -> +.4 Wpn Dmg

- All heroes now gain +1 Armor/Level

- All heroes base armor +5

It never really made sense to me for agi to grant armor. Even at .2 Armor/Agi, any hero that stacked agi would have insane amounts of armor. At the same time, the stat has so little value to it - it never felt like you wanted agi, you simply wanted the unique on the agi item. Base Armor and Scaling armor per level makes up for the lose of agi armor.

- All Heroes starting wpn dmg lowered by -10

- Might Talent wpn dmg 15 -> 10

- Standardized all base wpn dmgs as follows:

Ranged/Melee = 25/40

Is Str/Agi/Int = +5/+0/+5

Is Carry/Support/Bruiser or Tank = +0/+4/+2

Exceptions to this rule: Garamond (35) and Feral (40).

I felt heroes were starting with too much aa damage, leading to Wpn Dmg items needing more wpn dmg on them in order to feel powerful. Now with agi granting wpn dmg, I can take the time to adjust wpn dmgs again. I also want to address denies and take laning strength away from ranged aa carries, who in general seem to be the most dominant laners - not something a hard carry should usually have.

- Base Health 275 Ranged / 350 Melee -> 225 Range / 300 Melee

- Lane minions deal -20% -> -30% damage to heroes

With base weapon damage decreases, to keep aa harass relevant, but prevent minion damage from being overbearing

- Lane Creep base physical resistance 25% -> 20%

- Jungle Creep base physical and spell resistance 30% -> 25%

This helps make up for lowered base wpn dmg and healths

- All Heroes base Hp +5/Level

Another thing discussed was that late game team fights seemed to be "who can mash their skill rotation off on the enemy team the fastest". Essentially fights were over too quickly to allow for much engaging/skillful play.

- Naix Claw Price 4200 -> 4000

- Khali Blade Recipe [sledgehammer] removed. Price 5500 -> 4450. 90 Wpn Dmg -> 70 Wpn Dmg

- Galactic Defender Recipe [Hyperion Incinerator] -> [sledgehammer]. Price 5100 -> 3750. Unique Active 800 Shields -> 500 Shields. Wpn Dmg 75 -> 50

- Shinobi Style Recipe [Hyperion Incinerator] -> [sledgehammer]. Price 4800 -> 3800. Wpn Dmg 70 -> 50

- Xenomorph Cleaver Wpn Dmg 55 -> 50

- Sliptide Scythe Unique 40 + 10% Wpn Dmg -> 10 + 10% Wpn Dmg + 15% Int

It was noted that AA item builds generally contained more expensive items than Int item builds - which lead to straight up unfair 6 item matches. You wouldn't expect to be on even footing with an opponent who was up 5k in items over you - yet full build AA could have that much more value in stats than full build Int. Another thing that always bothered me was that previously there wasn't really an AA Armor item, but there were two AA Spell Armor items (Galactic + Sliptide). Recently with the addition of Cauterizer, a viable AA Armor item was introduced. Now I'm transitioning Galactic into a more reasonable counterpart to Cauterizer, and making Sliptide more of a hybrid item so their roles don't overlap as much.

- T1 Towers grant 200 Global Minerals + 150 Global Exp -> 75 Global Gold, 200 Killer Minerals + 50 Global Exp, 100 Local Exp

- T2 Towers grant 200 Global Minerals + 150 Global Exp -> 125 Global Gold, 150 Killer Minerals + 75 Global Exp, 75 Local Exp

- T3 Towers grant 200 Global Minerals + 150 Global Exp -> 175 Global Gold, 100 Killer Minerals + 100 Global Exp, 50 Local Exp

Early tower kills was having a bit too significant an impact on snowballing a game rapidly out of control. A team down one or two towers, but otherwise even in kills should not feel like the game is completely lost. It also doesn't feel good to be doing well vs your lane opponent, but then lose your lane simply because another lane pushed a tower - granting your lane opponent global exp and gold.

- Hunters Hatchet Unique reworked: Deal true damage equal to 10% of Physical Damage to Non-Heroic, increased to 25% for melee -> Deal +10 increased Weapon Damage to Enemy Non Heroic, increased to +20 for melee.

- Eye of Narud Unique reworked: Deal true damage equal to 15% of Physical Damage to Non-Heroic, increased to 30% for melee -> Deal +30 increased Weapon Damage to Enemy Non Heroic, increased to +60 for melee.

- Eye of Narud Active - Observer movespeed 3.5 -> 4

- Towers take -5 damage from all sources.

- Atom Smasher and Ocelot's Revolver Internal CD 2s -> 3s

- Omniscience Active 3 Charges Normal Wards -> 1 Charge Truesight Ward

- Wards and Truesight Wards now have 150 & 250 health respectively. (Still take 3 & 5 attacks to kill)

- Stun Knife and Timesplitter removed from game

- Phase Shield Alpha/Korhal Vanguard Unique Auras changed to Actives: 8 / 18 Armor 10u radius Aura -> Allies in 10u radius gain 15 / 20 Armor and 10% / 15% resistance to single target damage for the next 6 / 8 s.

- Phase Shield Beta/Spell Buffer Unique Auras changed to Actives: 8 / 18 Spell Armor 10u radius Aura -> Allies in 10u radius gain 15 / 20 Spell Armor and 10% / 15% resistance to AoE damage for the next 6 / 8 s.

- Sword Breaker: Now Builds from Emerald Mox + Neosteel Vestiments. Stats 300 Hp, 15 Armor. Active: Blasts targets in a 6u radius around you, slowing their attackspeed by -75% for 3 seconds. Total Cost 1700

- Chilling Artifact: Now Builds from Sword Breaker + Newtonian Armor. Stats 30 Str, 15 Agi, 300 Hp, 20 Armor. Active: Blasts targets in a 6u radius around you, slowing their attackspeed by -75% and movespeed by -35% for 6 seconds. Costs 3800

I want to make these items less mandatory and more interesting/dynamic

- Yamato Reactor and Twin Paradox Isolator now share cooldowns

- Truesight Elixer detection range 15u -> 12u. Duration Forever -> 10 minutes. Cost 600 -> 500

- Removed 15s full refund grace period

- Demigod reworked completely. Now heals and energizes you for 10% Max Health and Energy on Hero Kill or Assist

Further adjustment to denies

- Youth 150 en -> 100 en

- Machette Unique 7 / 14 Hp on hit -> 5 / 10 Hp on hit. Hp 100 -> 80

I want to decrease lane sustain so players don't feel like they are wasting time when harassing/poking opponents

- Suppressors now have backdoor resistance. Health 4000 -> 5000. Now regenerate 10hp/s when out of combat for 30s

- Artifact Damage 250 -> 100. Wpn speed 1/s -> 2/s. Deals 100% bonus damage to light and massive units. Deals 50% bonus damage to lane minions. Shields 5000 -> 4000.

To prevent situations where one team has 3 supressors perpetually down due to how fragile they are, yet the pushing team cannot damage the artifact.

Unix

Adding some counterplay and skill to a 3 second root

- [W] Fungal Cast Time .5s -> .3s. Projectile Speed 20 u/s Linear -> 12.5u/s Parabola (significantly slower)

- [E] Unix Marines deal 10 + 15% Int vs units // 8 + 5% Int vs towers -> 10 + 10% Int to all. Deal double damage to units affected by Fungal Toxin or Brain Sap.

- [R] Fixed mistake where was dealing half the proper amount of damage. Fixed tooltip stating 70% Int Scaling (is actually 50%). Damage lowered 80 / 120 / 160 + 50% Int per sec -> 50 / 80 / 110 + 40% Int per sec

Garamond

While Crit Garamond is Hilarious, I also want Int to be viable

- [R] Scaling 25% per SCV -> 28% per SCV

Yig

Wow very heal

- [Q] Heal scaling 1.75% Max Hp -> 1.5% Max Hp. No longer heals off light units.

- [R] Units may only be knocked up by Tentacles once per ult. Cd 120 / 110 / 100 -> 150 / 140 / 130. Damage 60 / 100 / 140 + 15% Int per Half Sec -> 50 / 90 / 130 + 10% Int per Half Sec

Boros

Now that players are finally starting to recognize SalsaSlash's strengths, I can nerf it to bring it close in line.

- [R] SalsaSlash can no longer target past 12 units (cannot be used to scout fog)

- [R] SalsaSlash charges 4 / 5 / 6 -> 3 / 4 / 5

Huntress

Adding some counterplay to Huntress' Laning Phase W spam, and trying to encourage Huntress player to use Q and E more actively

- [Q] CD 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 -> 13 / 12 / 11 / 10

- [W] Now only deals spell damage if the target is facing you. Deals 32 / 40 / 48 / 56 + 20% Int per second -> 40 / 52 / 64 / 76 + 24% Int per second. Move Speed differential 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% -> 15% / 25% / 35% / 45%

- [E] Now procs on 4 stacks -> 3 stacks. Damage on proc 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 + 125% Wpn Dmg -> 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 + 100% Wpn Dmg

LZ

I felt there were too many anti AA tanks (Justi, Erekul, Lz) given the complete lack of anti-caster tanks. With Lz's ultimate and debuff immunity, I felt he was a good candidate to switch over to that role.

- Heroic Passive +10 Armor Aura -> +10 Spell Armor Aura

- [E] Fixed a mistake where he was getting 9 Armor at all levels per stack.

- [E] + 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 Armor per stack -> + 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 Spell Armor per stack

Kuradel

- [W] Travel speed increased 5u/s -> 6.25u/s

Warfield

- [Q] Scaling 60% -> 70% (Tooltip was incorrectly stating 50%)

Geneva

- [E] Stun Duration 1.5s -> 1.75s

Penthos

- [E] Heal 6% / 9% / 12% / 15% Missing Hp -> 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 + 3% / 4.5% / 6% / 7.5% Missing Health

- [E] Empowered 50% Max Hp Shield for 5s -> 50% Max Hp Shield for 2.5s

Cain

- [E] Barrage cost 45 / 55 / 65 / 75 -> 60 / 65 / 70 / 75.

With significantly higher base wpn dmg due to the standardization, I needed to touch on his early game power a bit.

Vergil

- [Heroic Passive] Now only procs on enemies. Internal cd 2s -> 3s

- [Q] and [R] delay on animation .3s -> .4s

Psionic

- Orb missile speed 30 -> 25

- [W] Scaling 40% Int -> 50% Int

Anthrax

- [W] Slow per stacks 12% / 15% / 18% / 21% -> 13% / 16% / 19% / 22%

mK's bribed mineons will not attack other neutrals.(only tested firebat/tank/thor [they just follow them instead, when targeted, they show a red crosshair]) They will attack Aeon/Daggoth, but will do 0 damage. Aeon/daggoth does not return an attack, and targets other players instead.

Also, why hasn't vorpal being rediculous early game been noted? triple casting stuns and destroying 1200 hp in the first 10 minutes in lane w/ an ocelots is rediculous. Its pretty much triple stun at fairly long range with damage that could push about anyone out of lane or kill them (especially any melee) without a mana requirement. Almost a guaranteed kill even on tanks...unless you are one of the many characters that can teleport all over the map with seemingly no cooldown. This is before even mentioning Vorpals pull ability.

mK's bribed mineons will not attack other neutrals.(only tested firebat/tank/thor [they just follow them instead, when targeted, they show a red crosshair]) They will attack Aeon/Daggoth, but will do 0 damage. Aeon/daggoth does not return an attack, and targets other players instead.

YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

Today I tested MK! Reinforcements (Merc Marines) work attack vs Aeon / Worm, but Firebat / Tank / Thor haven do 0 damage!

Yesterday I played MK AoS inhouse and not realize that MK Bribe (Firebat / Tank / Thor) against Aeon / Worm 0 damage!

Edited by IljaHi

I think weapon damage vorpal is ok. Yes he is incredibly strong early game but he falls off late game, unless he switches to int.

I have seen so many vorpals wreck until the 30 mins mark and then disappear into irrelevance.

I think its ok to have a hero who is very strong in one part of the game but not others...

sure having a hero that is very strong early but not so much late is fine. but should vorpal with his current e be this hero? i dont think so. here are SOME reasons why: by the very nature of his e it completely prevents enemy melee carries without fortify to be close to him in the game. ever. the counterplay options in lane are VERY few seeing as he has one of the strongest abilities to deny in the game AND he has some OK creep clear to prevent you from hiding behind minions. a comparison would be zed in LoL how he is strong in the early game but he is not OPPRESSIVE.

If vorpal's E didn't do the damage of the ocelot/bhm on impact as if it were an autoattack it would be a lot more balanced right there.

Loving the idea behind the changes to vergil, hope they work out in practice.

Edited by LameDude

If vorpal's E didn't do the damage of the ocelot/bhm on impact as if it were an autoattack it would be a lot more balanced right there.

Loving the idea behind the changes to vergil, hope they work out in practice.

I don't understand why Vorpal's Javelin procs on hit effects and crit when Savage's Punisher and Starscream's Tac Missiles were changed so that they don't.

StarScreams missiles never procced anything outside of crit, which was broke. And I think savage'e does proc on the first unit it hits.

They proc armor pen i think

Btw im not 100%, but I think for some people shadow skin causes lag

They proc armor pen i think

Btw im not 100%, but I think for some people shadow skin causes lag

I'm not sure if I'd call that a 'proc'. Essentially all physical damage is effected by armor or armor pen. At least I would imagine.

I'm not sure if I'd call that a 'proc'. Essentially all physical damage is effected by armor or armor pen. At least I would imagine.

Correct.

The reason why early Xenomorphic Cleaver is strong on Starscream. Just a pity they do not proc the unique.

add delay on cow also then, cuz for now cow more retarded than it was. OR just bring back old SB, cuz its useless now vs insta dmg like cyprus cow dustin

Edited by Maxwell

On the highly debated topic of shad, thanks to the new system of agi and weapon damage, he has received a good buff. From the start he has the highest base agi so right out the gate he is stronger relative to the nerf of everyone else's weapon damage.

Suggestion: Lower Rory base strength scaling, increase base int scaling and then increase the int scaling on all abilities slightly, and lower base damage on all abilities. Should reduce his tankiness while encouraging a bit more int builds.

Heck, it'd be kind of cool if he gained more bounces per 50 int or something to encourage building int too. I know heroes are supposed to gain utility from leveling up and certain one off items, but what through stats?

Edited by Jaysi

Suggestion: Lower Rory base strength scaling, increase base int scaling and then increase the int scaling on all abilities slightly, and lower base damage on all abilities. Should reduce his tankiness while encouraging a bit more int builds.

Heck, it'd be kind of cool if he gained more bounces per 50 int or something to encourage building int too. I know heroes are supposed to gain utility from leveling up and certain one off items, but what through stats?

Man...assuming those numbers, how many additional bounces is that for a full INT rory O_o

#permalockdown

Man...assuming those numbers, how many additional bounces is that for a full INT rory O_o

#permalockdown

The thing is not to assume those numbers. You might even change the base number of bounces to accommodate his natural int gain from levels and then balanced accordingly. Of course, no one likes to see the amount of CC increased.

The thing is not to assume those numbers. You might even change the base number of bounces to accommodate his natural int gain from levels and then balanced accordingly. Of course, no one likes to see the amount of CC increased.

Maybe 75 int per extra bounce.