Sign in to follow this  
WhaleTits

Changelog v1.262-1.263

Garamond

While Crit Garamond is Hilarious, I also want Int to be viable

- [R] Scaling 25% per SCV -> 28% per SCV

LZ

I felt there were too many anti AA tanks (Justi, Erekul, Lz) given the complete lack of anti-caster tanks. With Lz's ultimate and debuff immunity, I felt he was a good candidate to switch over to that role.

- Heroic Passive +10 Armor Aura -> +10 Spell Armor Aura

- [E] Fixed a mistake where he was getting 9 Armor at all levels per stack.

- [E] + 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 Armor per stack -> + 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 Spell Armor per stack

Warfield

- [Q] Scaling 60% -> 70% (Tooltip was incorrectly stating 50%)

Penthos

- [E] Heal 6% / 9% / 12% / 15% Missing Hp -> 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 + 3% / 4.5% / 6% / 7.5% Missing Health

- [E] Empowered 50% Max Hp Shield for 5s -> 50% Max Hp Shield for 2.5s

Anthrax

- [W] Slow per stacks 12% / 15% / 18% / 21% -> 13% / 16% / 19% / 22%

Good. Penthos nerf was warranted. He gets a blink, a slow, and a heal, everything a melee hero needs.

About the LZ change, aren't all tanks inherently anti-caster?

If INT Garamond should be viable, why not buff his W too?

I don't think Warfield's Q is fixed. It said "applies on hit effects", but it doesn't work.

Anthrax needs higher range on W.

Good. Penthos nerf was warranted. He gets a blink, a slow, and a heal, everything a melee hero needs.

About the LZ change, aren't all tanks inherently anti-caster?

If INT Garamond should be viable, why not buff his W too?

I don't think Warfield's Q is fixed. It said "applies on hit effects", but it doesn't work.

Anthrax needs higher range on W.

What is meant by "anti-dps" is the tank's ability to protect his team from DPS heroes, or "anti-caster", from casters. Justicar's ability locks down DPS, Erekul has a anti-DPS ability, Jackson has a anti-DPS passive, LZ previously had a anti-DPS passive. Now LZ's Heroic Passive provides bonuses against casters, and combined with his ultimate that counters AoE, provides a specific niche for LZ. Having said that, LZ is still OP as shap, but at least DPS heroes can kill him now without rushing early Armor Penetration.

What is meant by "anti-dps" is the tank's ability to protect his team from DPS heroes, or "anti-caster", from casters. Justicar's ability locks down DPS, Erekul has a anti-DPS ability, Jackson has a anti-DPS passive, LZ previously had a anti-DPS passive. Now LZ's Heroic Passive provides bonuses against casters, and combined with his ultimate that counters AoE, provides a specific niche for LZ. Having said that, LZ is still OP as shap, but at least DPS heroes can kill him now without rushing early Armor Penetration.

Casters get nerfed..... Again.

The changes overall were a buff to casters....various nerfs to weapon damages, particularly popular DPS items, nerfed DPS. Standardized Armor by levels means that DPS take more damage from Auto-Attacks, while Casters take less. The change to Spell Buffer greatly favors casters.

The changes overall were a buff to casters....various nerfs to weapon damages, particularly popular DPS items, nerfed DPS. Standardized Armor by levels means that DPS take more damage from Auto-Attacks, while Casters take less. The change to Spell Buffer greatly favors casters.

Lol.

LZ now revolves around spell armor, buffing DPS (killing him doesn't require armor penetration), nerfing casters.

You forget the health increase? Remember, health counters burst, along with the spell armor. Getting items like Galactic might help.

IF Whale was correct about the armor levels being the same, your Standardized Armor "nerf" wouldn't be relevant. Remember, no one bought AGI back then. Now we see every DPS run Hand of Mengsk.

Trust me, people will learn the ways of Whale's new Spell Buffer. It's called adaptation.

Funny, this problem is still present: You can win without casters; you can win without tanks, but you can't win without DPS.

Lol.

LZ now revolves around spell armor, buffing DPS (killing him doesn't require armor penetration), nerfing casters.

You forget the health increase? Remember, health counters burst, along with the spell armor. Getting items like Galactic might help.

IF Whale was correct about the armor levels being the same, your Standardized Armor "nerf" wouldn't be relevant. Remember, no one bought AGI back then. Now we see every DPS run Hand of Mengsk.

Trust me, people will learn the ways of Whale's new Spell Buffer. It's called adaptation.

Funny, this problem is still present: You can win without casters; you can win without tanks, but you can't win without DPS.

Even then it is still a buff....what made LZ's E passive stupidly strong was how strong it was early game. Now even casters can hurt him without "Armor Penetration". Also, +5 health hardly affects Spell Burst, and is as much a nerf to DPS damage as to Spell Damage.

Casters generally shouldn't be trying to hit LZ anyway; his Q makes debuff virtually useless while his large health pool as a strength hero tank made Spell Burst rather useless regardless of his rework. You should be focusing on hitting those squishy DPS.

Also, I've won a IH without DPS (was a hilarious game at that).

Even then it is still a buff....what made LZ's E passive stupidly strong was how strong it was early game. Now even casters can hurt him without "Armor Penetration". Also, +5 health hardly affects Spell Burst, and is as much a nerf to DPS damage as to Spell Damage.

Casters generally shouldn't be trying to hit LZ anyway; his Q makes debuff virtually useless while his large health pool as a strength hero tank made Spell Burst rather useless regardless of his rework. You should be focusing on hitting those squishy DPS.

Also, I've won a IH without DPS (was a hilarious game at that).

Did I hear "I?" Did you steal the credit of your teammates, who probably ran DPS?

Oh, it's +5 HP per level, making it +60 HP. So... Seemingly insignificant, sure. But if you did my recommendations, you should kill said casters.

Did I hear "I?" Did you steal the credit of your teammates, who probably ran DPS?

Oh, it's +5 HP per level, making it +60 HP. So... Seemingly insignificant, sure. But if you did my recommendations, you should kill said casters.

I'm saying that our team had 0 DPS, pure caster and tanks (Maar, Yig, Khyrak, Vergil, INT Raynor).

Also...WHAT recommendations...I don't see any "recommendations".

Furthermore, why are you being so bad mannered and aggressive...if that's how you want to play it, I'll have you know that I can be just as toxic and bad mannered as you are, and win the argument through logic to boot.

I'm saying that our team had 0 DPS, pure caster and tanks (Maar, Yig, Khyrak, Vergil, INT Raynor).

Furthermore, why are you being so bad mannered and aggressive...if that's how you want to play it, I'll have you know that I can be just as toxic and bad mannered as you are, and win the argument through logic to boot.

Vergil solos games, hardly an impressive achievement.

Toxic? Bad mannered?

This is a team game. You can't just say "I win" in such games. You can say "My team won" (unless you did all the heavy-lifting, etc.). It's equally bad-mannered to throw yer team away.

I had two recommendations against said caster burst. I said health items and galactic driver.

Oh, Khyrak is quite more DPS than you think. He's an anti-tank, which involves high DPS.

Don't give me shap unless you have solid evidence that I behaved in such manner.

If you see this patch as anything other then a nerf to auto attack carries then your delusional.

I never said anything about DPS being buffed. I'm arguing that they've been fine, just like before. I do see a change from passive to active with some key tank items. I'm arguing that casters keep getting unnecessary nerfs when clearly it was fine. Cough* cough* queen feedius, Unix, stukov, cow cough* cough*

If anything, this patch was the worst of anything. Pardon my language, but why the hell are we incriminating build diversity? So it's just irritating to build a stat other than AGI for DPS if you are a STR or INT hero? Agi get that 0.6 while the others get 0.4. It's like you are funneling these characters to be one role. STR=tank, AGI=DPS, INT=Caster. That +5 HP/level does absolutely nothing to extend team fights. The only lengthening factor of team fights are the items you buy. Can we please try to get this game on the leaderboard?

i think you're confusing what's fine or not

cow being strong does not mean he can 1vs1 carries

he was so strong as a 'caster'(i'm pretty sure he still can)

in 5vs5 situation, cow could just get entire enemies hp below 40% by one combo

there are roles in this game

like when you lose as a cow, the loss may not be caused by cow being weak. maybe your team had shap comp

(e.g. no carry or no tank)

Edited by OPReN

I warned you. Now it's time for you to get completely rekt. Replies are in colored bold.

Lol.

Health and Resist counters DPS just as much as Casters. Ever heard of Khalis Relic? Provides a large chunk of Armor, along with arguably the most shields in the game. Also, Galactic got nerfed heavily you twit. Your just indirectly reinforcing my statement that the patch is a overall buff to Casters.

Also, just because it would appear that you are stupid enough to dump all your abilities as a caster on a LZ with debuff immunity doesn't mean everyone else is. At most, the 10 Spell Armor Passive is the only thing to worry about, not that the amount is even that meaningful.

I don't even know what the heck this sentence is suppose to mean...all I know is that Agility heroes have now like 20%-30% less end game physical resist than before, which makes a HUGE difference in killing Agility DPS without Armor Penetration.

This applies much more to DPS than Burst. Burst is in, get a kill, out. Unless you see it coming, you wont have time to react, and only a idiot would attempt to burst with the buff active, whereas DPS is applied over time and hence Korhal is much more easier to use.

Trust me, people will learn the ways of Whale's new Korhal Vanguard. It's called adaptation.

Which is why Whale has introduced caster carries like Psionic and Kuradel (but then people said OP and now they are almost never used), and Whale is attempting to standardize DPS items and Caster items as a nerf to DPS and buff to Casters so that the two are on more equal footing.

No, we did not run DPS. I find it hilarious that you do not think that this is rude at all, when you are blatantly demeaning me. This almost classifies as slander/libel.

See above reply to Galatic Defender. Also, +5 HP per level makes it 60 HP? What sort of messed up math are YOU using? Also you are using the +5 HP as a argument of "health counters casters" against me?

"That +5 HP/level does absolutely nothing to extend team fights"

Your words exactly quoted in the above reply posted to Destroyer.

Lol.

Toxic? Bad mannered?

Yes.

This is a team game. You can't just say "I win" in such games. You can say "My team won" (unless you did all the heavy-lifting, etc.). It's equally bad-mannered to throw yer team away.

Do you even know what a In-House is? There is NEVER a situation where you win solo in a In-House. Occasionally there are times where a single player carries the team to an extent, but team work is a vital part in all games. "Such games"? They don't even exist in the first place.

Not my fault if you do not even realize that and decide to nit pick over a single letter because you can't find any flaws with my argument.

I had two recommendations against said caster burst. I said health items and galactic driver.

Galactic Defender.

Oh, Khyrak is quite more DPS than you think. He's an anti-tank, which involves high DPS.

Yes, our Khyrak (Atomik) was building so much DPS, with his team aura items. He would instantly rush in and kill their squishy Agility carry. He just had sooo much DPS. This is sarcasm by the way.

Don't give me shap unless you have solid evidence that I behaved in such manner.

Don't give me shap unless you learn to spell and debate properly.

#rekt Edited by taznkid