Iscariot

AoS Tournament 1.0

No, it doesn't work that way. Just do a quick simple draw and you'll find out why. Byes has be given to multiple teams (to make it fair), at multiple round.

Hows that making it fair? It just adds more rounds to play and makes it unnessarily unfair for the two teams involved in the first game, since they playing a game before everyone else.

Hows that making it fair? It just adds more rounds to play and makes it unnessarily unfair for the two teams involved in the first game, since they playing a game before everyone else.

It is unfair, but necessary as we have more than 8 teams. This situation is inevitable. There is no way to make it fair besides randomizing the luck of the draw.

It is unfair, but necessary as we have more than 8 teams. This situation is inevitable. There is no way to make it fair besides randomizing the luck of the draw.

?? Why not just reduce the number of rounds. There will be one bye instead of one extra game for our two teams. Instead of two teams being screwed over, nobody will be screwed and instead two teams just gets a bye, right, or am I miscounting something?

Its the way the website works He prob could adjust the brackets to make it work. But If this tourney is going to take place over the course of 3 weekends. Why not do a Round Robbin. Of all the 11 teams. And the top 4 teams will progress to a "semi final"

So you have the teams play each other in a bo1 the first two weekends. Then the 3rd weekend You will have the 4 qualifying teams play in a standard tournament format. Like the tourneys of the past. But seeing as its only 4 teams its not going to be a grueling 8 hours a day for 2 days.

And let the round robin games be played at the leisure of the teams over the first two weeks. Just force a dead line for the Wed or Thu going onto the 3rd week.

I think this is the best of both worlds. You still get a "tournament day" with out the event being over bearing. And you do RPS for the EU vs NA matches cause the Round Robin will be BO1. Unless the teams decide to play a Best of 3. It really would not matter as long as all the matches were completed before the dead line.

This way teams will not feel ripped off for losing 1 set then being eliminated. They will get to play vs the other 10 teams to try and qualify for the semi finals. I know in every tourney in the past. Some less skilled teams were super excited to play in the tourney but really dissapointed about being knocked out so early. And were eager for the next tourney to happen. But every one is always so exhausted after the AOS marathon there forced to play they the next tourney takes 6-8 months to happen.

Honestly this format could even replace the League. And some one sets a tourney up on a bimonthly basis. 1 month of games. 1 month break for the victors to boast about there victory.

I have no interest in playing AOS any more. But I would still be interested in setting up a tourney in this format in the future. Also I think it would be easier for me to host an event if im not playing in it. And obvsiouly I would be un bias cause i have no interest in who wins. So you wont get these "omfg he is setting this up in a way to favor his team etc.." post

Its the way the website works He prob could adjust the brackets to make it work. But If this tourney is going to take place over the course of 3 weekends. Why not do a Round Robbin. Of all the 11 teams. And the top 4 teams will progress to a "semi final"

The tournament was announced Single Elimination, BO3 from the start. I wouldn't change it at the last moment. Maybe in the future, I would run it alternatively.

It's only 9 teams.

I have no interest in playing AOS any more. But I would still be interested in setting up a tourney in this format in the future.

I would look very much forward to it, sir. Your system seems solid, I just don't have the experience, time, or/and patience to set up an extensive tournament such as you mentioned. Heck, I could even support your future tournament with money (granted that it's not too soon).

Also I think it would be easier for me to host an event if im not playing in it. And obvsiouly I would be un bias cause i have no interest in who wins. So you wont get these "omfg he is setting this up in a way to favor his team etc.." post

I.do.not.give.a.flying.flob.who.wins.or.not.nor.who.I.play.for.

I was originally enlisted as a single looking for a team. I have ZERO ties to any team, besides the only fact that I play on NA server.

My motives are pure and simple: I just want to promote more AOS.

Just to address your deepest concern, I will withdraw myself from the tournament.

If you would like I could take responsibility for decisions involving the team you are playing with therefore it cannot in anyway be seen as unfair.

You guys should finish the draft right now between captains, and have the comps ready by the tournament starts. And finish the draft again before Semi final and final.. List the comps on forum and make a poll which comp/team gonna win that match.. GGNORE

save all that time u kno

edit: put me in sub i might play if im on

You guys should finish the draft right now between captains, and have the comps ready by the tournament starts. And finish the draft again before Semi final and final.. List the comps on forum and make a poll which comp/team gonna win that match.. GGNORE

save all that time u kno

edit: put me in sub i might play if im on

Good idea but... The only problem is that people wont know 100% who will play for each team which affects the picks and bans. ´HATEBANS OP

We will take feedchan for DarKS if he wants..!!?

Maybe feedchan or john can appear on Saturday to take off HFP ;)

We will take feedchan for DarKS if he wants..!!?

Maybe feedchan or john can appear on Saturday to take off HFP ;)

lol just get 5 random pubbers to beat apache, john not needed :)

The tournament was announced Single Elimination, BO3 from the start. I wouldn't change it at the last moment. Maybe in the future, I would run it alternatively.

It's only 9 teams.

I would look very much forward to it, sir. Your system seems solid, I just don't have the experience, time, or/and patience to set up an extensive tournament such as you mentioned. Heck, I could even support your future tournament with money (granted that it's not too soon).

I.do.not.give.a.flying.flob.who.wins.or.not.nor.who.I.play.for.

I was originally enlisted as a single looking for a team. I have ZERO ties to any team, besides the only fact that I play on NA server.

My motives are pure and simple: I just want to promote more AOS.

Just to address your deepest concern, I will withdraw myself from the tournament.

Thats not what im saying at all. I have hosted 2x tourneys and I played in both of them. It can just be a bit hard sometimes when your playing a bo3 and become unavailable for an hour+ . I was just saying in the future running an event would be smoother if not playing in it. I would think anyway.

Can you add Zombieee and Luckiest to DarKS please.

FAPache let's try to make our game tonight, I hope you can make it mate