Sign in to follow this  
WhaleTits

Changelog v1.241-1.243

Stats and buffs/debuffs each count as a behavior. For example, Force of Entropy applies a behavior on attack that reduces the units movespeed.

There is a hard limit to the number of behaviors a unit can have on it at any given time.

When that limit is reached, any additional behaviors will fail to be applied. This can cause a lot of issues. Thus it is desirable to keep behavior counts as low as possible.

Previously, pretty much each talent counted as an individual behavior. For example, Might was a behavior that granted +15 wpn dmg. Because talents are ALWAYS on a unit (they are not conditional like FoE Slow), they are very expensive for our behavior cap.

Now, many of these simple talents (+15 Wpn Dmg, +15% Wpn Spd, +6% MvSpd, etc) are unified onto one single dynamic behavior that is upgraded instead of multiple individual static behaviors. Thus when you spawn your hero, and have might selected, it will upgrade this single dynamic behavior to also add +15 wpn damage, instead of adding another individual static behavior with +15 wpn dmg, as it did previously.

This does not affect gameplay, apart from a bit of additional lag upon spawning a hero.

Yea, I remember when there were a lot more behaviors, and on occasion stuns etc would not even effect them because it was capped.

So is there any chance that we could select talents up to a minute after spawning our hero?

So is there any chance that we could select talents up to a minute after spawning our hero?

i think the whole current system revolving time to chose a hero & time to chose talents is bad & not very user friendly

firstly as soon as you have chosen a hero, the talents screen should come up so you are made to choose talents before your hero spawns

this way someone cant forget to choose talents or pick incorrectly or if they are noob they will actually realise there is a talent selection

so the hero selection time & talent selection time should be split into 2 timed parts

or

make the time unlimited, but make a big "The game has Started" splash up onto the screen at say 1:45

make them not able to see enemy hero selections till they have chosen & after the first creep passes the t1 tower

(to stop allies telling them how to counter pick, sure they could tell them to counter pick at the 3:00? min mark but by then you could group up and take an uncontested tower while idiot enemies still trying to counter pick and be at an advantage)

However

please if you decide to do a revamp on this consider at the same time implementing an in game drafting system or at least composing how the layout works best for both so it does not need to be done again

i.e.

http://www.aeonofstorms.com/index.php?/topic/4440-drafting-ih-problems/page__hl__drafting

Edited by ANARCHY

That's a loading issue, I don't know if it's a bug or just someone with really slow internet

Yea but there should still be some way for the game to check for it and to prolong the hero selection if it detects it.

I wish, there was one game where I was stuck as tosh with caster talents because I had 5 seconds to pick a hero and was reading, since the loading was taking so long