Sign in to follow this  
WhaleTits

Changelog v1.237

@quidditch Yes I agree mostly with you, but that doesent explain why someone copys from league or wont listen to suggestions.

@Whale Me and those few more "idiots" from eu done so much things for ih then u expect. Im just one of them that still cares a bit for game and trying to suggest something, but now seeing ur post makes me rly dissapointed, and sad I didnt listen to some old players that were maybe a bit bm but always had good points.

Cya boys

you are literally complaining in the same sentences that:

1) I have made too many changes

2) I need to make the changes you are asking/demanding me to make

3) As always, I read and consider pretty much every suggestion - which has included implementing some of your own - to which you then insist I implement the rest

4) I'm not making changes fast enough

5) ??? Profit???

Where is the logic in your perspective/viewpoint? Do you see how most would just consider your posts jokes by this point? I direct you to my signature...

Look at people that left because of changes imo i played aos because how it was not for it to be roa it was a nice gamw but puttibg almost everythong from it is what i dont like might aswell make a name change

I'm 22* yo

Also from what I can tell in my pub and mumble games, its literally just these couple (3? 4?) who are upset. I'm pretty sure both blue and zera are just really self-centered/super bm, and ohsfast i'm still not sure if hes a troll. I appreciate it but I'm not particularly concerned with these posts - though I do wish they came up with actual arguments every once in a while so that I could actually have a productive debate somewhere on the forums.

I would like you to come ih again though, you missed out on like, 5 or 6 relatively skilled ih's tonight (roonie, pinkie, highdrater, david, destroyer, drex, ryuuk, me, among others). I think I miss you/quistmann/awesomeclock the most.

all the ppl ive played with long enough are upset

TYCHUS:

currently his 'empowered W' offers no benefit to himself when compared to his 'W' not empowered by the Rip'n'Tear stacks.

BUFF: The 'empowered W', currently a team heal, can be altered to augment the heal Tychus receives himself, based on the heroic teammates he is healing.

I propose tychus receive an extra %heal buff (to his W) based on the number of his allies he heals when empowering his W; this will include himself.

The base heal benefit, when using 'Empowered W' solo, would make him heal X% more. At 5% or 6%, when using his 'empowered W' on his full team he himself would receive 25%-30% heal benefit from his W.

In regards to everyone complaining about the changes.

change is hard.

whom ever voiced their opinions into lucid, thought out sentences, citing reasons and evidence for these thoughts, thank you... analyzed and interpreted.

STILL GETTING RID OF THE MID LANE THOUGH!!!

Edited by Whale

Look at people that left because of changes imo i played aos because how it was not for it to be roa it was a nice gamw but puttibg almost everythong from it is what i dont like might aswell make a name change

who has left?

I don't understand the people and community.

There are longer queues because there is less people playing SC2. People got also bored of moba/games (grow up). Other moved to diffrent games (mainly dota/lol). And one huge part of the reasons itself is that those games have higher player base (domino/popularity effect).

One of the solutions to that- was making the game more competetive and profitable. When back in days i asked for it, Community did nothing and sit on their asses. So Devs didnt have in mind this game being nothing more then arcade and propably didnt believe it could, community just crying and blaming but doing completly nothing, does it look like kindergarden? No suprise some people when grow up left that kind of toxic enviroment.

But the most hilarious part is always that community for everything bad in the universe blames developer. Less people - blame developer, not enough patches - blame developer, too many patches - blame developer, purepsycho lagging - blade developer, its raining outside - blade developer, my cat died and im on period - blame developer... and so on.

How on the earth can you blame developer for long queue inhouses and low amount of people playing ih? This is not Dev factor but community factor itself. Community makes inhouses not developers. Everything about inhouses is community based. And basically inhouses quality can show state of the community.

The community itself is basically demotivating and trying hard one guy that is actually working one the game to stop. And no, it wont help, it will make things even worse.

Organizing and quality of inhouses depend on maturity of community and work putted by community. So how you wanna good inhouses when majority of community is so immature and dont do shap? There is super low respect to each other in the enviroment. To other people by persona and also their time.

I got tired by writting this post. I'll write more later. Gonna eat and play some games atm.

tl:dr

STOP BLAMING :) There should be like badges - 10days without blaming.

I don't understand the people and community.

There are longer queues because there is less people playing SC2. People got also bored of moba/games (grow up). Other moved to diffrent games (mainly dota/lol). And one huge part of the reasons itself is that those games have higher player base (domino/popularity effect).

One of the solutions to that- was making the game more competetive and profitable. When back in days i asked for it, Community did nothing and sit on their asses. So Devs didnt have in mind this game being nothing more then arcade and propably didnt believe it could, community just crying and blaming but doing completly nothing, does it look like kindergarden? No suprise some people when grow up left that kind of toxic enviroment.

But the most hilarious part is always that community for everything bad in the universe blames developer. Less people - blame developer, not enough patches - blame developer, too many patches - blame developer, purepsycho lagging - blade developer, its raining outside - blade developer, my cat died and im on period - blame developer... and so on.

How on the earth can you blame developer for long queue inhouses and low amount of people playing ih? This is not Dev factor but community factor itself. Community makes inhouses not developers. Everything about inhouses is community based. And basically inhouses quality can show state of the community.

The community itself is basically demotivating and trying hard one guy that is actually working one the game to stop. And no, it wont help, it will make things even worse.

Organizing and quality of inhouses depend on maturity of community and work putted by community. So how you wanna good inhouses when majority of community is so immature and dont do shap? There is super low respect to each other in the enviroment. To other people by persona and also their time.

I got tired by writting this post. I'll write more later. Gonna eat and play some games atm.

tl:dr

STOP BLAMING :) There should be like badges - 10days without blaming.

In B4 SMN is on period.

I don't wanna be rude but i'm gonna tell brutal truth in my eyes, one of the reasons things became like they are now. I have warned about it a few times. And i know many people will disagree with this.

Back in the days when I was inhousing, people that were allowed to inhouse were people that couldnt communicate at all, didnt want to. Too scared or either too lazy. Almost anybody was allowed and didnt need to do anything. And it was really bad decision. It spreaded like disease.

It came from simple reason that current inhouse pool of people (back in the days) were lazy itself or scared that they won't be able to get those 10 people to make a game. Instead of being patient and working slowly on increasing the quality and value of inhouses.

What I mean is that there were no simple straight rules of inhouse, that were obeyed and respected.

Inhouses needed to be "elite". Even when there was cry from people that inhouses are "elite" and the inhouses community lowered the standards for those people. Where it should be opposite.

What i mean elite it means high quality. Dropping quality for quantity makes no sense in this case. Because in the long term it will decrease quantity also. The high quality attracts new people to want it and holds, keep the old people in it. Lowered standards of inhouse made inhouses a pub.

Not only that but it allowed and encouraged bad behaviours, that had an impact on stagnation. So it makes almost little diffrence of having an ih instead of a pub (with super long waiting time because of the bad behaviours).

It means that once people were teached and it has been shown they dont need to do anything to play inhouse, they wont do anything (proper good behaviours and attitude as basic). And it extends to game itself. People work like this (overwhelming majority of) that when they put work and need to put work in something, they want it. It was never said to people what they need to do and what is required to be part of IHs and play IHs.

Think about it, how diffrent it would be if people were learned to respect each other and listen each other in inhouse, to communicate and all this stuff.

If somebody don't want to, it means he don't want to inhouse, simple.

People that didn't want to adapt meant that they didnt want truly an ih. Didnt knew or understand what it is. If 9 people had balls to say no to a guy that is spreading bad stuff into inhouses with short explanation and telling to come back when he change mind and really wanna ih, community could have been diffrent now.

Game would have also high pool of people in community that know and are not afraid of putting any work for the game and community together.

TL:DR

Inhouses lacked straight proper rules and set of behaviours being followed and respected for community to grow

(pinned topics, clear and simple with instructions and explanation)

There were only topic how to get into inhouse. But not what inhouses are. And what for.

I know this post is hmm... emanates with negaitivy, but i just wanted to write reasons and source of some of the things and problems they are now and how they are. For information purpose and if anybody is interested in it.

But dont worry, best part is that it didnt need to be like that and it dont need to be. Community always have a choice what they want to be.

Ill finish the third post later with what people could do, solutions etc etc. Way more positive post :)

Edited by SayMyName

In light of the disatisfaction of the quality of manners on mumble and (lets face it) inh's in general and also the lack of moderation on offending parties (myself included), I have decided to write up some rules when using the AoS mumble server.

Mumble Rules:

If any of the rules stated below are not followed, you will be allocated a ban for a selected period of time depending on what rule was broken.

• #1: No flaming, constant abusive behaviour and any personal attacks are allowed in mumble. This will result in a 1 day ban from mumble (basically time for the offender to cool off)

If this does occur please local mute the offending party and imediately report to a moderator and let the moderator take charge. If this occurs during a inh, local mute the playerand finish the inh. Once done report to the moderator and report the player.

Note: raging at a player isn't regarded as an offense (as this is a game and mistakes happen, and people get angry), but continuing to rage at a certain player right through the game and even after is regarded abuse and you will be banned.

• #2: Coming into a channel and talking or spamming chat in the mumble channel during an inh or during an important conversation, will result in a ban of 1 day.

I know some people dont have a mic and need to chat in mumble to communication but to come into a channel and irritate players while playing is not on.

Note: if you need to convey a msg to a player and you are not sure if the player is inh'ing or not coming into the channel and ask are you busy, and wait for the response. do not come into the channel and start spamming players name you want to get hold of until he answers.

• #3: Playing music or any other sounds constantly while people are talking, basically irritating them, will result in you being kicked from the server, if you consantly rejoin and continue to play music or other sounds, will result in a ban of 1 day.

Note: yes people troll and it is funny at appropriate times, and this is allowed, but if any person in the channel finds the music offense or irritating, this will result in a kick or ban from the server.

• #4 If a player joins an channel and you and your party are discussing important or personal things, the party should kindly ask the player to move away, if he does not so, please move your party to another channel. If the player continues to follow to without giving a reason why or does give a reason but the reason is trolling, report the player and he will get a ban for 1 day.

• #5: Trolling and joking is allowed, but to an extent that everyone isn't getting offended by it, once a person is offended, the guilty person will be asked to stop. If he doesn't stop, report him to a mod and he will be kicked from the server. If he rejoins and continues to troll, he will be banned from the server for 1 day.

• #6: If you plan to go afk, please join the afk channel or you will be kicked from the server.

• #7: This applies to those who have mics; anyone who has a mic needs to have push-talk button assigned. If you dont do so you will be reported and local muted. If you disconnect and continue to not use push-to-talk, you will be kicked from the server. if continued abuse of not assigning the push-to-talk button, you will be banned, until proven that you have your push-to-talk button assigned and using it.

• #8 If you have a player on local mute, please do not play on his same team in an inh or aggrevate the person in SC2 channels. A mumble mod has no power over what happens in SC2 channels, but lets keep it civil people.

I just want to write a clause here, stating inh games:

If players are found in an inh:

1. Throwing an inh game,

2. Rage quiting an inh game (leaving before your team or the enemy team has surrender or lost = Rage Quit),

3. Deafening yourself in an inh game,

4. Or verbally abusing a player in the inh scene eg in game (in the inh) or the inh AoS lobby.

These actions will result in an imediate ban of 1 day.

Lastly, for players who constantly breaks the rules, the ban duration will double for each ban the offending player commits (This only occurs if the bans are frequent such as a ban every second day).

Other then that no player will have a record once getting banned, as the point of mumble is to get players to join and play AoS, not to remove them from the game completely.

Cheers,

If you have any questions or want to query anything above, please post them below. Any posts insulting or derailing this thread will be deleted and the user warned.

A guy (being nice) once tried to make some rules for IH. Muricans' didn't agree. Blame them.

Edited by Skydie

I know there was topic like this. But rules never truly got into life and were not respected.

+ this is all nice, but this rules are lacking in many fields. Especially in field before game- when drafting.

Same guy ran off due to EU banter and bm no ?

No it was because of the continuing sexual advances of one of the scandanavian members of the community

No it was because of the continuing sexual advances of one of the scandanavian members of the community

Wasnt that Finish dude? Diipa I think? Xaxaxaxa