Sign in to follow this  
WhaleTits

Changelog v1.237

more ppl still agree more with him then you rip...

+1

The majority of those here are vehemently opposing the recent changes and still the devs are too insecure and blind to listen. a joke. rip

To try and lower people's opinion of him. Just stop.

general populous opinion is pretty damn low right now based on his recent patching, if this isn't unbelievably and blatantly obvious from the forums right now....

Edited by ohsfast

It is also a case of us having a vocal minority of braindead/butthurt pub scrubs. People who like the changes have no reason to post. People who dislike them post and pay attention to the other negative posts leading them to naively think they are majority

I'm tempted to post some fake scripture.... Instead I'll just buy a new pc so I can play doto again. Been fun guys, toodles.

Hit me up when you do that

ok maybe i flamed at you a little, sorry ill be frank with my posts

& for the rest of you that are just hanging one liners off the ends of my posts to increase flaming.... just stop

Are you arguing that there should not be a reward for mastering a hero?

there should be a reward for mastering how to play every hero well

however there shouldn't be such a large disparity between mastering a lot of heroes vs the non stop pursuit of perfection of one

changing everything to skill shots makes it a lot harder to play many heroes well & thus makes the game a lot harder for people to play diverse roles & multiple hero's well

this in turn leads to less variety & we all know variety is the spice of life, it makes things fun this is exactly the same as removing unique mechanics & items from the game

MOST of the community doesn't have time to IH, as much as i love playing competitively it takes a lot longer to setup then joining a pub

it now requires constant practice to almost perfection of every hero role, this also attributes to the issue

BUT

i did make a solution to this a while ago im pretty sure adam commented on it let me see if i can find it;

http://www.aeonofstorms.com/index.php?/topic/4440-drafting-ih-problems/page__hl__drafting

Frankly false. The last three Ih (and this is just recent memory, and a general trend), The AA Carry on the winning team did not buy a single crit item.

there is many more crit items in this game compared to before, just because that particular game it didnt suit to use crit doesnt mean it isnt trending towards crit

Again false. For example, before tanks/supports could never build Kassia or Eternal Drive or Omniscience (it didn't even exist). Now these heroes have much greater item diversity. Similarly, Niax Claw/C-48/Xenomorph all did not exist before, and have been added to build diversity. Finally, for casters, Asuras is finally starting to get picked up as people realize that it is a strong item. I would like to add more caster item diversity, but there literally isn't space on the int page of the item shop.

ok im going to make a wild comparison

imagine if we took naix claw and replaced the dmg with str

then we took contam shard and replaced the str with dmg

OMG its the same items we had about a year ago called;

contam shard & darwins might

xenomorph is slightly different but contam shard easily filled that role before it was removed / nerfed / re-introduced

asuras is a great item although i think its op being able to buy the half item of it for 2500 minerals & stack it for max cdr early game & still have great INT

(p.s. would still like to see my unique implemented one day [unique] Whenever you cast a spell you gain 200% timescale for 1 second)

dont you remember masamune? wasnt that fun?

instead of removing can we just nerf it a lil?

how about that item that used to cloak you on every X attack?

Recently the most successful tass build in Ih (Yesterday) was SHM + Nitro + Ancient Rune. Won the game.

yes but its just not as fun as it used to be;

no more electric mantle :(

stars fury nerfed

im glad they atleast changed parralax back to an auto proc

but why does his clone die so freaking easily?

why doesnt talents work on him still? seriously its annoying having swiftness & cdr etc not work on clone still

You did vote, Time travelers will be removed next patch.

there was no vote

we voiced our opinion & no one said it was a bad item or that it should be removed

we are just over all the LoL copy items

i think it is a little too OP but in saying that it has a cool unique which is what most people want to see more of, but we want it to be unique to AoS

thankyou for listening whale

keen to chat on mumble and share around some ideas and thoughts if you need but im pretty busy these days with a wife and kid

catch me on around AEST 8-11pm most days

Stop complaining that much and try tu put down always the devs!.. Copy or not from other game, AOS has been updating a lot with many changes that makes not boring the game! Some people just get to use to some old things that they can't accept the new ones.

You can ask for change or for don't with some good backup behind it and may thanks to the people who is always trying to improve this game, considering that they don't get any monetary benefit from this.

So please guys just move on!

Stop complaining that much and try tu put down always the devs!.. Copy or not from other game, AOS has been updating a lot with many changes that makes not boring the game! Some people just get to use to some old things that they can't accept the new ones.

You can ask for change or for don't with some good backup behind it and may thanks to the people who is always trying to improve this game, considering that they don't get any monetary benefit from this.

So please guys just move on!

Enjoy your 7 hour pub lobbies and 10man pool IH...

People here had issue with my quoting truths from 2012. Here is an extract from 2013:

This is basically a result of ekco taking the lol hero design Policy over dota : make every hero do the same shap instead of having unique designs that change your game plan and make you adapt to the enemy in both drafting and playstyle. I think it's really sad because sotis was really fun and different from other mobas, now it's just a bad version of lol, which is why we never have more than 2 ih games running at the same time nowadays, when in 4.0 when you combined all régions it could go up to 6-7 games at the same time (and this wasn't even on tournament days).

Shame in 2015 we have continued to drop lower. Forget 2 IHs running at the same time in EU, we struggle to even get 1. AoS is DEAD on EU after 11PM GMT. Shame it had to be this way, mods/devs refusing (and still refusing) to openly embrace community opinions lead to this.

Jesus, you guys love to draw these LoL parallels at every possible chance. Breaking news: games of the same genre tend to have some similarities. More at 11.

Now with that out of the way...I still think it has been too much too fast. This game desperately needs more transparency with skill descriptions, better tooltips, buff/debuff timers, stack indicators, etc. From my perspective, there's just a lot of little things adding up because so much else has changed. I'm truly thankful for the new content, but at this point I think it would be wise to slow down and evaluate the polish level.

Change doesn't freak people out. Rapid change does.

Jesus, you guys love to draw these LoL parallels at every possible chance. Breaking news: games of the same genre tend to have some similarities. More at 11.

It's like claiming that Toyota is copying off Ford because of tires and steering wheels. There's a certain selective pressure that's going to guide games of the same genre towards similar efficient features. After all, LoL came out of DotA and DotA came out of Aeon of Strife and I'm sure Aeon of Strife had a precursor of its own.

It may not be 100% copy of lol but the over all changes that are massive to heros that ruin the way they played is what really killing it I for one like skill shots but over using them is 1 thing brine shouldnt be a skill shot for his pull ya sure its cool an all but for the fact its range isnt that far an as a good player knows if brines running up on u just move to the left or right an so it evaded, not to say if they got paralax as well now its even more lolz when the brine finaly hits u with it, its a auto miss so ya its kinda makes players mad when there fav hero becomes even more usless at times an its not just brine but alot of the changes made heros under power vs alot of the other heros it also made some heros really good.

Midknight the 1st hero arena moba was called hero arena it came before dota an aeon of strife, copying is ok to get ideas from but if there to much alike why play the knock of when it isnt as good as the real thing?

As the saying go's if it isnt broken why fix it?

The one thing people dont like in the world is change an when you start to over change there world an they 1 like or 2 hate it, its normaly about 90% of the time they hate it which is why aos is droping in the most played list with more an more changes to the core of the game, an many players that have tryed this aos an are hard line lol players think its a poor ver of lol I seen many say this an dont try it again its not just the players that been playing this game for years that think its becoming lol in many ways it is becoming lol in more ways then one even if you might not see it now.

As said before I do like most of the changes but theres to many core changes that made aos fun atlest for me its still ok but these changes are how should I say it makes the game feel lack luster an not fun at times cause some of the changes are abit much on heros you enjoyed to play.

For those of you arguing against whale, I suggest you drop the "turning into LoL" argument. Whale probably knows more about LoL than you so I think it would be more effective to move from that and more into the details behind your opinion apart from LoL.

Skittles, Whale kicked you like a minute before the game ended. You said yourself that you suicided when you already lost. I was on the opposite team and your INT penthos did no damage, had no utility, and died instantly. In other words you were useless. I know you don't like Whale so I assume that you brought this up 1. Because you're mad. and 2. To try and lower people's opinion of him. Just stop.

wow like LoL is complicated ggggg

Edited by GreenSkittles

yes, Whale should re think over of this patching spree before altering the meta which doesnt exist at all since its ever changing

What meta isnt constantly changing...

I agree,

This game is becoming more and more like LOL. There is even a Syndra clone in the works...... http://www.aeonofsto...ionicturraneth/

I think the community deserves an explanation from Whale. Hell I demand one.

Well I gave whale some suggestions, comunity likes it but he doesent, so it wont get inplemented. Instead he decided to add item called flare in beta, aka that blue trinket from lol

Its sad but this game doesent have any hope, on eu its down on 11-12, cuz as all aos devs are same, will never admit any mistake and think changes they make are the best.. So much hero suggestions, balance, items and nothing. Im suggesting to whale or whoever that they pls remove suggestions forum.

Edited by ZERATUL

Oh no he didn't!

Something needs to be done. This is absurd he implemented the scrying orb?

Seven Hells

Well I gave whale some suggestions, comunity likes it but he doesent, so it wont get inplemented. Instead he decided to add item called flare in beta, aka that blue trinket from lol

Its sad but this game doesent have any hope, on eu its down on 11-12, cuz as all aos devs are same, will never admit any mistake and think changes they make are the best.. So much hero suggestions, balance, items and nothing. Im suggesting to whale or whoever that they pls remove suggestions forum.

Pretty sure this has nothing to do with the development of AOS.

Take a look at SC2Ranks. A site that tracks ladder games. http://www.sc2ranks.com/ Assuming this is accurate. And it is more or less. There are roughly 250k players world wide between HOTS and WOL combined.

Now lets look at the game you want to demonize so much. http://en.wikipedia....of_Legends Obv wikipedia is not always 100% accurate information. But im pretty confident the values are not wrong.

"In a release published in November 2011, Riot Games claimed that League of Legends had accumulated 32.5 million players, 11.5 million of whom play monthly, of which 4.2 million play daily.[38] According to Riot in October 2013, the game had 12 million active daily players and 32 million active monthly players. In January 2014, the game had 27 million active daily players, 7.5 million concurrent players at peak times, and 67 million active monthly players"

Your upset that a custom game is dieing inside of a dieing franchise seems ridiculous to me. The game is dieing because SC2 is dieing.

The player base of AOS is and has always been disgruntled ladder players looking to play something casual in between ranked games. This is pretty much how every one who plays AOS got there start. The people that enjoy this MOBA game eventual move on to better iterations of this game type. You can look at the history of AOS at each "era" and older generations leaving and newer ones filling in there shoes. This cycle has been ongoing for the life of AOS pretty much. The problem is there is not a surplus of new players taking the spots of the ones leaving. Because there are less people playing ladder. Because sc2 is dieing. This is true for both Ih and Pub.

If your so unhappy move along like the rest. With or without Whale the game has no hope as you say. I cant understand why you keep playing this game why you keep coming onto the forum to complain. If it makes you so un happy. Pick up DOTA or LOL. Both of those games have an actual pub community. They have proper matchmaking and penalties for rage quits. They have more in depth mechanics and vastly larger hero selections. They are multi million dollar corporations with fully staffed development teams. As it stands AOS has one 21 year old college student who creates content in his free time as a development team. Yes AOS is a neat project but It can not and will never hold a candle to the corporate iterations.

Whale gets a lot of grief. I would assumed the community would be more appreciated of his efforts. I mean Eco didn't even touch the map from April/May until the end of October. Honestly the only reason Whale is a developer is because a blizzard update ruined the map and eco could not be bothered to fix it. So he recruited Wrath and Whale to fix it for him. If this did not happen the game would be the same as it was last May. In endless stagination. Whale has made more champions in 2 months then Eco gave us in 2 years. Just saying people need to back off a bit. The game is in a much better position then it was 6 months ago from a balance and a development point of view.

People play this game with a sense of entitlement. But the fact is. They did not pay for AOS. They did not buy SC2 looking for a moba game. But they treat it as such. And I find that pathetic.

I'm 22* yo

Also from what I can tell in my pub and mumble games, its literally just these couple (3? 4?) who are upset. I'm pretty sure both blue and zera are just really self-centered/super bm, and ohsfast i'm still not sure if hes a troll. I appreciate it but I'm not particularly concerned with these posts - though I do wish they came up with actual arguments every once in a while so that I could actually have a productive debate somewhere on the forums.

I would like you to come ih again though, you missed out on like, 5 or 6 relatively skilled ih's tonight (roonie, pinkie, highdrater, david, destroyer, drex, ryuuk, me, among others). I think I miss you/quistmann/awesomeclock the most.