Sign in to follow this  
WhaleTits

Changelog v1.237

Lifetech used to do what Traveler's Cloak does. But people would die and lose their passives so it was changed to just a heal.

I wasn't aware that LoL had a boss that scaled like the "new levi" does. Also, I'm not sure what's not to like about this change. There are now two bosses to enjoy the entire game rather than just Aeon early and Levi late.

I disagree with the removal of the Energy Leech on Stars Fury, a cap would be better.

Also as far as Whale's development is concerned, one way to improve is to loosen up on the "I don't like this mechanic, its dumb, removed!" mentality. Sometimes as a developer you have to do things that you don't like because your users like it.

I've seen mention of "wanting to please the public" but what I don't see is the proper outlet to see what does please the public. One problem I do have is that when something new is implemented and people don't like or understand it, they proceed with something like "This is stupid and OP." Reasons for them disliking it and things they actually want are lacking in responses.

I aggre with the over removely of things that was fine the way where.

I liked a few changes over the last year but then many other change ruined many of the heros I like to play an play stlyes which is why play when theres not much to play when ever thing you like is getting removed for no reson, dont get me wrong not all changes are bad but theres been many changes that made a few heros usless or force you to play one stlye for them cause they cant do nothing but that now which is really bad for this type of game being forced into play this or you cant do much mode.

Since then I come back ever now an then to see where its going when im bored some of the things are cool an some arent but the game just needs to find that nice middle ground it once had again.

Edited by Crimson

not even the worst part the dev sucks at the game honestly...

saying that he wil remove a player for going a build that some normally go or kicking him from the game if he does play shows how bad of a dev he is lol he cant go big time .. patience of a 1 year old

we obv lost game cause his warfield sucked.. after i asked for acenger 10x better hero and dont get it.. i thought this was a hobby not a game i tryhard to look good rip

User was warned for this post: Don't slander and lie. Silly. 3 Admins/mods were in that game and we all agree in ban for a game or two. - Pride

Edited by Whale

I have forseen...

Right there with you buddy. I wish I was wrong though....

If pubers are actually leaving as stated, AoS shouldn't be number 5 still on the arcade rankings.

Its ranked 8 on NA servers and dropping fast. Not to mention the lobby wait times have increased exponentially

Edited by ohsfast

Right there with you buddy. I wish I was wrong though....

Its ranked 8 on NA servers and dropping fast. Not to mention the lobby wait times have increased exponentially

Yep as said before many things that made the game great are gone now well most of them are. Also when theres many mobas out there now that has alot of the stuff that made sotis-aos great they have an many other better things on top of that its hard to play aos over them I fine aos some what became dull an lack luster in many areas that it was great in still like aos just not a main moba no more for alot people.

But hey why keep some thing that was working great when you can slowly crash it into the ground ;p as said dont get me wrong do like some of the changes but not all as I said before.

Harry was banned for at least two weeks and even after he got unbanned, people still didn't trust that he would stop trolling so he didn't get to play for another two weeks after.

Harry was banned for at least two weeks and even after he got unbanned, people still didn't trust that he would stop trolling so he didn't get to play for another two weeks after.

who banned him? because since i played ih each time he logged on he would get invited atleast once per week

Only thing I want is to test these changes more before they go live. Time Travelers Cloak literally got put in right before the beta went live. New item's should be tested for at least a week, and I think this patch needed another week of testing.

not even the worst part the dev sucks at the game honestly...

saying that he wil remove a player for going a build that some normally go or kicking him from the game if he does play shows how bad of a dev he is lol he cant go big time .. patience of a 1 year old

we obv lost game cause his warfield sucked.. after i asked for acenger 10x better hero and dont get it.. i thought this was a hobby not a game i tryhard to look good rip

User was warned for this post: Don't slander and lie. Silly. 3 Admins/mods were in that game and we all agree in ban for a game or two. - Pride

In aos? What?

if so,

Wow... this was just suprising. I hope this was a lie.

Edited by Darkr

if you want a description of what happened, essentially come draft, skittles stated he wanted penthos or he was going to rage quit. We got him penthos, so he proceeded to rush argus into gravity, and otherwise suicide into the enemy team.

End of discussion, yes?

this is gonna be one of them long ass posts so i will try and be specific

again your invited to say what specifically you think is copied from LoL.

Evolving boss that gives temporary buff/Double objective bosses take-able at all times? Not from LoL - its from RoA

i dont think anyone mentioned Evolving bosses etc

AoS had 2 bosses

LoL has many bosses that scale with time if my memory serves me correctly

. And if your going to say "Well dragon gives a stacking buff", know the RoA Bosses did almost exactly what the new AoS bosses do, and did so a year before those Season 5 dragon changes. Therefore at best you could make the argument that LoL is copying RoA, which I would disagree with because I don't even think the mechanics are similar, or that they would even be aware of RoA.

what does RoA have to do with this?

or a season 5 dragon change? actually why do err....

LoL copied RoA... ok got it

but all of us just said we dont like this game becoming like LoL

so if LoL copied RoA that also means we dont want it becoming like RoA

Brine pull? The closes LoL equivalent is Skarner ult, which happens to be target unit, not skill shot. If anything, this is literally the opposite of taking from LoL.

this is a major issue & is very concerning regarding skillcap, new players & the disparity between a good and exceptional player;

a noob cannot use skill shots, they are not used to them, each skill shot works differently and has different timing & ultimately they will fail everything miserably (and this game has alot to learn already) & most likely give up on this game after a couple of try's

a semi decent player can perform skill shots

however they wont land them all

it will basically come down to how much they play the same hero repeatedly non stop

a pro player will basically be considered someone who plays the same hero over and over

it will lead to more of this "OMG X HERO IS OP NERF NOW PLZ" when really he just practices that skill shot alot

The only argument could be made in this patch is the addition of Time Traveler's Cloak, which personally, I see as a similar mechanic to both Guardian Angel from LoL, and Aegis/BuyBack from Dota - a revival item for the carry.

the more you make it like LoL eventually we are going to complain about it, its not just THIS PATCH, its about the last 50 of them that have slowly turned it like LoL

it started with the devs before you & we tried to tell them back then

the game has turned into carries being all wep speed & crits just like LoL

before you could do crazy stuff like get int items on dps heroes (ffs now you can play almost any hero as dps crit..)

or play however you wanted

now if you dont build most heroes how they are specifically intended with the very limited mechanics left they fail miserably

Honestly, the more you hinge your argument on "becoming a LoL clone", the more apparent it is that you, in fact, have no concept of LoL other than "that thingy over there that is also a moba".

honestly the more you play LoL it starts to show in the changes you make to AoS, its quite clear to see

i mean what is a season 5 dragon change? why are we using technical LoL terms, really is there a fan club newsletter about it?

sorry whale i really used to like what input you put towards AoS a while ago & i really do appreciate the hard work and effort i just think its going in the wrong direction

i remember once playing mirror match tassadar vs you & swapping back and forth whilst trying to combo slows & repositioning clone etc they were fun times

& now i look at this game and tass is just like hey, why dont you build me crit....

Lifetech used to do what Traveler's Cloak does. But people would die and lose their passives so it was changed to just a heal.

I wasn't aware that LoL had a boss that scaled like the "new levi" does. Also, I'm not sure what's not to like about this change. There are now two bosses to enjoy the entire game rather than just Aeon early and Levi late.

I disagree with the removal of the Energy Leech on Stars Fury, a cap would be better. or %

Also as far as Whale's development is concerned, one way to improve is to loosen up on the "I don't like this mechanic, its dumb, removed!" mentality. Sometimes as a developer you have to do things that you don't like because your users like it. KEEP THE GAME FUN

I've seen mention of "wanting to please the public" but what I don't see is the proper outlet to see what does please the public. One problem I do have is that when something new is implemented and people don't like or understand it, they proceed with something like "This is stupid and OP." Reasons for them disliking it and things they actually want are lacking in responses.

i still to this day cannot understand why under every new patch there isnt a simple do you like this patch? vote yes or no....

its not like we dont have a vote function

why dont we get vote issues upon beta items?

instead of just a few opinions, we all remember how when 1 person complained to a dev previously and he changed something really bad numerous times & didnt realise till it was too late

yeah dont do that

edit:

also final note just because AoS doesnt drop in ranking on arcade doesnt mean we like it less, we just play this because we dont want to play LoL or dota & we like mobas

gotta play something eh?

Edited by ANARCHY

Thats good post anarchy, but my post was also very similar, as u saw all whale responded is about copying from league, and flaming me a bit..

Well ur post is larger im hoping whale will acctuly respond corectly..

ik dakr if u want full stuff come see replay besides our comp being shap i got penthos said i was going int and hyly/masterlaw agreed masterlaw was cap so i went int.. i suicide once and that was at end when we had arlready lost i asked for avenger but didnt get it and i knew i was stuck with penthos anyway because hyly was gonna play him if i went lz... even worst lol

pm me if u want to see full replay kinda funny how warfield/drake sucked LOL

ik dakr if u want full stuff come see replay besides our comp being shap i got penthos said i was going int and hyly/masterlaw agreed masterlaw was cap so i went int.. i suicide once and that was at end when we had arlready lost i asked for avenger but didnt get it and i knew i was stuck with penthos anyway because hyly was gonna play him if i went lz... even worst lol

pm me if u want to see full replay kinda funny how warfield/drake sucked LOL

Post pls.

I want to investigate.

Who is Pride?

what is this i don't even.

Anyways AoS has been morphing into LoL for a while its not anything new..

Aidanderson is back with a guide. I took a break from AoS to play league of legends (im sorry guys this game is basically the dota 2 map with LoL items) and i was tired of playing tryhard all the time so I picked up one of my favorite mages Erekul (and made a guide).

It's also stolen at least in part from League of Legends, but let me leave that aside

Shame that AoS will never reach anywhere near what it was at its peak, when it fluctuated around the top 3 most played customs in the game.

Does anyone remember when Sotis was no.1 on the popularity list nonstop?

Actually found two quotes which sum up the current situation better than all others.

i play aos over lol/dota/hon because i have influence over the devs....

>:)

You do? Then why is this game turning into LoL?

I guess we have you to thank. :)

Don't believe me? http://www.aeonofsto...__20#entry34167

Tldr: Current admin saying the game was turning to LoL back in 2012, while a then popular NA player flaunts influence over moderation. Sums up a few things still wrong with this community.

Edited by Whale

this is gonna be one of them long ass posts so i will try and be specific

i dont think anyone mentioned Evolving bosses etc

AoS had 2 bosses

LoL has many bosses that scale with time if my memory serves me correctly

This is incorrect. LoL has two bosses.

what does RoA have to do with this?

or a season 5 dragon change? actually why do err....

LoL copied RoA... ok got it

Again, my statement is simply that the argument that AoS now copies LoL is even less valid than the argument that LoL copied RoA.

but all of us just said we dont like this game becoming like LoL

so if LoL copied RoA that also means we dont want it becoming like RoA

this is a major issue & is very concerning regarding skillcap, new players & the disparity between a good and exceptional player;

a noob cannot use skill shots, they are not used to them, each skill shot works differently and has different timing & ultimately they will fail everything miserably (and this game has alot to learn already) & most likely give up on this game after a couple of try's

a semi decent player can perform skill shots

however they wont land them all

it will basically come down to how much they play the same hero repeatedly non stop

a pro player will basically be considered someone who plays the same hero over and over

it will lead to more of this "OMG X HERO IS OP NERF NOW PLZ" when really he just practices that skill shot alot

Are you arguing that there should not be a reward for mastering a hero?

the more you make it like LoL eventually we are going to complain about it, its not just THIS PATCH, its about the last 50 of them that have slowly turned it like LoL

it started with the devs before you & we tried to tell them back then

the game has turned into carries being all wep speed & crits just like LoL

Frankly false. The last three Ih (and this is just recent memory, and a general trend), The AA Carry on the winning team did not buy a single crit item.

before you could do crazy stuff like get int items on dps heroes (ffs now you can play almost any hero as dps crit..)

or play however you wanted

now if you dont build most heroes how they are specifically intended with the very limited mechanics left they fail miserably

Again false. For example, before tanks/supports could never build Kassia or Eternal Drive or Omniscience (it didn't even exist). Now these heroes have much greater item diversity. Similarly, Niax Claw/C-48/Xenomorph all did not exist before, and have been added to build diversity. Finally, for casters, Asuras is finally starting to get picked up as people realize that it is a strong item. I would like to add more caster item diversity, but there literally isn't space on the int page of the item shop.

honestly the more you play LoL it starts to show in the changes you make to AoS, its quite clear to see

i mean what is a season 5 dragon change? why are we using technical LoL terms, really is there a fan club newsletter about it?

What am I supposed to call season 5 dragon changes? "Those wing worm thingies?" Are you attempting to discredit me by arguing that I know too much about other mobas??

sorry whale i really used to like what input you put towards AoS a while ago & i really do appreciate the hard work and effort i just think its going in the wrong direction

i remember once playing mirror match tassadar vs you & swapping back and forth whilst trying to combo slows & repositioning clone etc they were fun times

& now i look at this game and tass is just like hey, why dont you build me crit....

Recently the most successful tass build in Ih (Yesterday) was SHM + Nitro + Ancient Rune. Won the game.

So.. I've basically disproved every one of your claims/arguments. Batter up?

i still to this day cannot understand why under every new patch there isnt a simple do you like this patch? vote yes or no....

its not like we dont have a vote function

There does need to be, because I read and interact with all the feedback - such as this.

why dont we get vote issues upon beta items?

instead of just a few opinions, we all remember how when 1 person complained to a dev previously and he changed something really bad numerous times & didnt realise till it was too late

yeah dont do that

You did vote, Time travelers will be removed next patch.

edit:

also final note just because AoS doesnt drop in ranking on arcade doesnt mean we like it less, we just play this because we dont want to play LoL or dota & we like mobas

gotta play something eh?

Also I hope you all are aware skydie is quoting 2012 posts, so.... attempting to use or agree with his posts really just discredits your own.

For those of you arguing against whale, I suggest you drop the "turning into LoL" argument. Whale probably knows more about LoL than you so I think it would be more effective to move from that and more into the details behind your opinion apart from LoL.

Skittles, Whale kicked you like a minute before the game ended. You said yourself that you suicided when you already lost. I was on the opposite team and your INT penthos did no damage, had no utility, and died instantly. In other words you were useless. I know you don't like Whale so I assume that you brought this up 1. Because you're mad. and 2. To try and lower people's opinion of him. Just stop.

Edited by AtomiK

Yo babes,wanted to share my thoughts.

On the first impression, new Vet seems strange to me but it makes the jungler more reliant on team on first neutrals, so i kinda like it.

I really enjoy the new bosses and their buffs.

I just dislike the brine change, seems very weak to me now.