Sign in to follow this  
WhaleTits

Changelog v1.233-1.235

Some wallpapers coming.Stay tuned.

Not sure what you're referencing exactly, but another easy form of in-game education is the load screen. Virtually every other arcade game utilizes this and it can be a great tool.

Edited by ohsfast

Not sure what you're referencing exactly, but another easy form of in-game education is the load screen. Virtually every other arcade game utilizes this and it can be a great tool.

Personally I feel like cluttering the load screen with text and instructions makes the game look really... unpolished/unprofessional. Imagine if SC2 melee games had build paths/timings written all over them, or dota2/LoL load screens had moba guides on them.

We added screenshots and basic guides on the game profile itself (when you click the game before clicking play game, you see a bunch of tabs etc), though these could probably use a minor update.

Wallpapers for your PC or Mac. Not much to do with the subject^_^

Personally I feel like cluttering the load screen with text and instructions makes the game look really... unpolished/unprofessional. Imagine if SC2 melee games had build paths/timings written all over them, or dota2/LoL load screens had moba guides on them.

We added screenshots and basic guides on the game profile itself (when you click the game before clicking play game, you see a bunch of tabs etc), though these could probably use a minor update.

Also, what is up with the uncentered aos logo sitting in the corner?!

Edited by Darkr

Cluttering it with tourney victors and runners-up wouldn't be entirely unprofessional. Maybe something like league standings (if that gets going again) *hint* *hint* ;)

This is a terrific idea. One of the biggest contentions I have with this game is the inability to trial new toons. It's hard enough to keep up with the one(s) I use regularly and my only option is a solo game or pub game and neither of these are ideal for really playing around with builds. I do like the idea of a test mode, or tm game with bots besides just creep.

The difference is there is little need for casual lawyers. My entire perspective is that of a casual player. period. My frustrations, suggestions, complaints, rants and raves are all those of a casual player. If there is no interest in having a casual following, then by all means, please, ignore my posts and continue on into the tiny niche this is quickly becoming. To offer counter perspective to this thought though, if casuals can jump in and remain somewhat competitive then there is potential for them to grow into more serious players, building the IH pool. But if this remains the complex, uninviting, impossibly steep learning curve type game it has become, there is no reason for new players to join when there are far more balanced dotas out there (and dont require SCII + HotS).

You're missing the point entirely. Twice now. So I'm just going to drop it.

Have fun on your soapbox.

idk, in my opinion functionality and playability come before style.

Has anyone with dev experience asked whale if they could help?

Of course not. But whenever someone is like "Oh I have tons of free time and I wanna do something" I'm like. Okay. Learn the editor.

If you show whale something useful, he would have no problem using your help. I've been able to help a lot less lately due to school and stuff. So Mr. Hanedog, I would say that you are dead wrong when you say that it is that they won't share Development with others out there who are capable of helping

I would love to see someone make the initiative to show they are capable of helping.

The best part is people who think they know editor actually know so little that their "offering" for help does no good.

After they got turned down, they will then complain about our developers do not accept help and only kept the work to themselves.

Well, to be honest I haven't offered help ever and my previous statement about helping was a semi-offering. Just like you guys, life is crazy but I would love to work on something in my spare time and show Dev's when it is to a somewhat polished point. I'm not blowing hot air but I guess my assumptions were being made from the things I heard about the 'old guard.' Accept this as an apology for wrongly accusing you (Devs) of not including others in game development. I will do my best to produce something helpful.

I would say that you are dead wrong when you say that it is that they won't share Development with others out there who are capable of helping

I would love to see someone make the initiative to show they are capable of helping.

For 2 years now I've asked to have Mod/Admin privillages on the forums to protect this forum against evil beings. But the development won't accept me and others who are capable of helping deal with this menace.

Well, to be honest I haven't offered help ever and my previous statement about helping was a semi-offering. Just like you guys, life is crazy but I would love to work on something in my spare time and show Dev's when it is to a somewhat polished point. I'm not blowing hot air but I guess my assumptions were being made from the things I heard about the 'old guard.' Accept this as an apology for wrongly accusing you (Devs) of not including others in game development. I will do my best to produce something helpful.

I am not Ekco. @_@. as I said previously, more then half the 26 RoA Heroes were made in collaboration with others, and I am on mumble daily/check my pm's/forum daily.

No I know you are much different Whale. I could tell that when you PM'd me multiple times requesting that I try ROA and let you know what I think. It is clear that your goals and intentions are much different and I really appreciate it. Thank you for hard work. I'll work on tutorial-based add-on and let you guys take a look. Not promising anything soon as my wife and I are expecting but something will get done sometime haha.

Edited by Hanedog

MK rework? It will take like 5 seconds... or at the very least make his marines scale on weapon damage or strength instead of INT... I wouldn't mind seeing his weapon speed aura be able to boost over WS cap either so it has relevance late game.

RoA Raynor is fine as MK.

Edited by Jaysi

as an aside, I'll give due props to anyone willing to learn this editor. I had my fair share of maps in SCI, but II takes things to a level I'm just not even going to attempt (again.lol)

as an aside, I'll give due props to anyone willing to learn this editor. I had my fair share of maps in SCI, but II takes things to a level I'm just not even going to attempt (again.lol)

I'd suggest learning C++ if you're interested in computers further than an average gamer. It is very similar to Galaxy and many other languages.

Ofc if you're on a mac, learn Java.

I'd suggest learning C++ if you're interested in computers further than an average gamer. It is very similar to Galaxy and many other languages.

I'm a server admin, but I have little interest in coding :\

Python ftw.

Python ftw.

C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++C++ Edited by Darkr

What's worse than C++?

Strings in C++

No.

Everything is.

#C++ForLife

already trending

#DiePythonScrubs

#StringsInC++AreTheBest

#LearnItYouBastard