Sign in to follow this  
WhaleTits

Changelog v1.233-1.235

Can we just ip ban him alrdy

hes probably a dev from hero attack lol

So many delicate sensibilities in this forum. Did I make it to an Aeon thread or Girl Scouts??

Again every patch u come here bm a bit say how patch is shap WITHOUT ANY EXAPLAMATION.

So what u wrote is game is geeting balanced only around "top level" players. Can u tell me what are those changes so we can discuss it, most of time thers nothing to discuss with u since ur only argument is "its shap patch"

Try rereading my second post, there is explanation ... oh wait, you want me to break down the intricacies of the mechanics that I've already clearly stated I don't understand and are not made easy to understand anywhere. I have brought both of these points up numerous times. But 90% of you only insist on getting your panties in a wad because I'm not jumping on here to show off a brown nose or brag about how I'm so much cooler than the world cause I quit playing pubs.

Merged: Please avoid double posting, thanks.

More posts ur making ur showing just how bigger retard you are and how ur posts dont make any sense at all.

I dont see what mechanics are u talking about every time I ask you what you dont like in new patch, but your only response is its shap flob this game etc

Ohsfast I don't know what you're expecting with these posts of yours, but they aren't doing anything constructive.

At this point, I'm not expecting much. Despite what most seem to think, I have far better things to do than troll some random gaming forum. I come here to offer a casual player perspective that you will otherwise not get so that hopefully we will not continue to be marginalized and forgotten. Not too many casual players of any game invest much time in the forums - trying to do my part. Your game is dying in the eyes of the public and that makes me sad, I figured its easier to cure an ailment if you know it exists.

More posts ur making ur showing just how bigger retard you are and how ur posts dont make any sense at all.

I dont see what mechanics are u talking about every time I ask you what you dont like in new patch, but your only response is its shap flob this game etc

Please keep calling me retarded after posts like this. Made my day.

Ohsfast, what ZERATUL is asking is for you to explain why you don't like the newest patch. I'm fairly certain your 'second' post does not discuss what you dislike about the newest patch.

@Whale- Is Anthrax 'E' working as intended now? I played him yesterday and I only noticed 'E' working on myself. It didn't seem to help towers or teammates. I noticed that it seemed random as to how it proc'd the protection- ie. sometimes it acted like a 3 second lockbox while other times I felt like it didn't work at all. I can upload a video if you need proof. I know for a fact that the animation when it is cast on Anthrex himself works but never works on other heroes or towers- making it very difficult to tell if it is working at all.

Edited by Hanedog

At this point, I'm not expecting much. Despite what most seem to think, I have far better things to do than troll some random gaming forum. I come here to offer a casual player perspective that you will otherwise not get so that hopefully we will not continue to be marginalized and forgotten. Not too many casual players of any game invest much time in the forums - trying to do my part. Your game is dying in the eyes of the public and that makes me sad, I figured its easier to cure an ailment if you know it exists.

I totally agree. Please continue fighting for oppressed pub players who have no say in the game's direction. Really sad to see that a guy who contributes so much get flamed for giving a genuine opinion. Pathetic tyranny if you ask me. You go bro!

Please keep calling me retarded after posts like this. Made my day.

At the risk of feeding trolls, I'll attempt to enter into a sane discussion with you then.

First of all: the more a game is patched towards balance (which is the purpose of the majority of the changes) the more balanced it becomes. I see where you're coming from that frequent, invasive patches are hard to keep up with for casual players. However, leaving the game in a broken, unbalanced state for the benefit of casual players who don't put much time into the game anyway is backward logic. Of course the developers gear the game toward the players that put more time into the game and seek to make the game altogether more enjoyable (I do hope you won't argue that static imbalance is the more enjoyable option. Please don't make me use the Tetris argument).

Secondly: a lack of understanding of the mechanics is not influenced by patching, but by your own capacity to learn and the willingness of more experienced players to help you out. Patching is currently invasive, but the game mechanics on a grand scheme remain the same. (I would offer you assistance with understanding the mechanics, but that doesn't seem to be your purpose here. Regardless, ask and I'll answer.)

Finally: AoS is currently in development puberty; the meta is raw and underdeveloped, the hero pool is relatively small and the balancing of them is still fickle at best. Hence the need for invasive patching. If you're looking for a moba (thats the genre of AoS, I'm not trying to condescend I'm just not sure how casual you are) where the impact of patching is minimal for casual players, I would suggest trying out DotA2, which is in development retirement.

My explanation is lacking content and context, I know, but it's late here and I'm still unsure whether or not you're a troll.

Depending on your response I will elaborate any points you'd like.

Sincerely,

Lame

p.s. I'm sure Zera is glad to have made your day, and I'll happily contribute: As you are behind on him in understanding of mechanics and meta, you do have a retardation in this aspect and he is technically correct for using the term (albeit a bit rude, and it had probably been aimed at your intellect instead (of which I am as yet unsure)).

Edited by LameDude

At the risk of feeding trolls, I'll attempt to enter into a sane discussion with you then.

First of all: the more a game is patched towards balance (which is the purpose of the majority of the changes) the more balanced it becomes. I see where you're coming from that frequent, invasive patches are hard to keep up with for casual players. However, leaving the game in a broken, unbalanced state for the benefit of casual players who don't put much time into the game anyway is backward logic. Of course the developers gear the game toward the players that put more time into the game and seek to make the game altogether more enjoyable (I do hope you won't argue that static imbalance is the more enjoyable option. Please don't make me use the Tetris argument).

Secondly: a lack of understanding of the mechanics is not influenced by patching, but by your own capacity to learn and the willingness of more experienced players to help you out. Patching is currently invasive, but the game mechanics on a grand scheme remain the same. (I would offer you assistance with understanding the mechanics, but that doesn't seem to be your purpose here. Regardless, ask and I'll answer.)

Finally: AoS is currently in development puberty; the meta is raw and underdeveloped, the hero pool is relatively small and the balancing of them is still fickle at best. Hence the need for invasive patching. If you're looking for a moba (thats the genre of AoS, I'm not trying to condescend I'm just not sure how casual you are) where the impact of patching is minimal for casual players, I would suggest trying out DotA2, which is in development retirement.

My explanation is lacking content and context, I know, but it's late here and I'm still unsure whether or not you're a troll.

Depending on your response I will elaborate any points you'd like.

Sincerely,

Lame

p.s. I'm sure Zera is glad to have made your day, and I'll happily contribute: As you are behind on him in understanding of mechanics and meta, you do have a retardation in this aspect and he is technically correct for using the term (albeit a bit rude, and it had probably been aimed at your intellect instead (of which I am as yet unsure)).

Thanks for your consideration. I have clearly stated I'm not a troll and I have addressed every point you made already in previous posts - so you're right to say you're late to the game. Not to be rude, but since I've had to repeat myself on nearly every changelog thread, I wont do it again here, they still exist. If you are really curious about my intellect and intent, go read those and then let me know if any concerns still remain and I'll happily dialog.

I won't engage you on the retardation thing, it would be offensive and counter productive to my efforts here.

Ok I had some free time and checked fast all changelogs from when whale came, and read urs. Only suggestions u made are

1)update recommended builds-DONE

2)stop patching game so often(he was acctualy doing it almost every day lol)-DONE

Rest of ur posts do not help anything its all just bm, saying how patches are shap and game is dieing.

Why cant u just say every changelog or beta what u dont like so we can discuss it, if u think saying "patch is shap" helps anything then u dont understand meaning of word suggesting.

Ok I had some free time and checked fast all changelogs from when whale came, and read urs. Only suggestions u made are

1)update recommended builds-DONE

2)stop patching game so often(he was acctualy doing it almost every day lol)-DONE

Rest of ur posts do not help anything its all just bm, saying how patches are shap and game is dieing.

Why cant u just say every changelog or beta what u dont like so we can discuss it, if u think saying "patch is shap" helps anything then u dont understand meaning of word suggesting.

Then you didn't read them all. But beyond that, play a damn pub game and either you'll see exactly what I'm talking about or my expectation of the comprehension levels here are just too high.

Then you didn't read them all. But beyond that, play a damn pub game and either you'll see exactly what I'm talking about or my expectation of the comprehension levels here are just too high.

As always, I support bringing your points to the table, but I want to know: what would your approach be to patching? Like, if AoS was developed exactly the way you want it, what would the process look like?

I'm not asking this facetiously, I'm asking because I really want to know your opinion. Whenever you change the dynamic of a game, you're going to instill a learning curve no matter how hard you try to avoid it. We can't control the nature of change, but we can control its impact.

For example, if someone asked me what I just asked you, I would say that not enough was done to ease that learning curve initially (like updating the recommended builds earlier, having correct tooltips across the board, etc) and that the shift from spell damage to physical damage had a way higher impact on the meta than anticipated (or it was anticipated and they just didn't care/wanted to do it anyway).

This is coming from someone who largely has enjoyed the changes and the injection of new life into AoS. To put it simply: overall great job, but the lack of polish is still present and painfully obvious in some areas.

So, what say you? And for everybody else, this guy isn't a troll. He's a pretty regular pubber that I've played with on multiple occasions.

I completely agree with you Marty. I spend much more of my time in pub than IH, have played with ohsfast and would love to hear his input since I have had my own opinions of the game for a long time. The difference here is that my opinion was that AOS was too bland and every hero had begun to lose their 'uniqueness.' Whale responded directly to one of my posts about 8 months ago with 'I agree- check out ROA and tell me what you think!' Now that he has become apart of the dev team, heroes are gaining their unique niches back and the game has become more exciting.

With that being said, I would agree that the game's learning curve has become more exponential (which I happen to like) and I can see where ohsfast is coming from. With that being said, I have read all of his 'suggestion' posts and seen only one that discussed his opinion and gave specifics on the changelogs. The problem: that changelog was from 2 months ago.

@ Ohsfast - My suggestion for you is to be precise and thorough in your complaints/suggestions and to UPDATE them as the game changes. You can't claim to have made suggestions that are relevant when the game has changed 10 times since your last constructive post.

Edited by Hanedog

There are going to be more RoA hero being imported as early as this new Beta. Whale is almost done I believe.

I really wish Dahaka and Maar rework can be done ASAP.

Let me put it in different terms then. If you're a new player to this game, what chance do you have? zero. There is virtually a limitless combination of toons and items and practically no way to easily understand where to even start (granted, the new req builds have helped). Even the guides on the forums are obsolete because of all the changes. So, if I want to casually play a pub game, where do I start? How do I even begin to get better or understand what works and what doesn't? This is a very complex and fast paced game with a steep learning curve. All the constant changes have made the guides irrelevant and cater only to those who are willing and wanting to study the minutia of the game, aka, not casual players.

@marty, what would I do? Well for one thing, like I've stated on multiple threads, I'd stop updating the flobing game so much. Bug fixes are one things, but changing items and toons every cpl weeks? In the words of sweet Brown, ain't nobody got time for that. Another thing would be to build a more intuitive playing structure. I can get an INT hero and buy all INT items and be a worthless flob right now (same for strength and agility too). Second, I'd build a mechanics guide, or basic playing guide (that's relevant. Another side of these patches is virtually all the previous forum effort of guides, how-to's, and builds are flobing worthless). How to counter crit, dps, tank, etc.... some basic building guides would at least help the casuals willing to peruse the forums.

@hanedog, not sure what you really mean by 'precise and thorough in your complaints/suggestions'. If I say I got raped in a 1v1 with such and such toon that really is super situational and if you mean stating like 'q' isn't offering full 38% benefit or whatever, then that kind of goes well beyond casual player. I'm not trying to do flobing math formulas in my casual cool down gaming in the evening - the entire perspective I try and bring to this thread.

I will say on a complete side note though, I do like the creativity of the new toons. Makes shap harder still for noobs and casuals, but still like the variation.

Edited by ohsfast

Let me put it in different terms then. If you're a new player to this game, what chance do you have? zero. There is virtually a limitless combination of toons and items and practically no way to easily understand where to even start (granted, the new req builds have helped). Even the guides on the forums are obsolete because of all the changes. So, if I want to casually play a pub game, where do I start? How do I even begin to get better or understand what works and what doesn't? This is a very complex and fast paced game with a steep learning curve. All the constant changes have made the guides irrelevant and cater only to those who are willing and wanting to study the minutia of the game, aka, not casual players.

@marty, what would I do? Well for one thing, like I've stated on multiple threads, I'd stop updating the flobing game so much. Bug fixes are one things, but changing items and toons every cpl weeks? In the words of sweet Brown, ain't nobody got time for that. Another thing would be to build a more intuitive playing structure. I can get an INT hero and buy all INT items and be a worthless flob right now (same for strength and agility too). Second, I'd build a mechanics guide, or basic playing guide (that's relevant. Another side of these patches is virtually all the previous forum effort of guides, how-to's, and builds are flobing worthless). How to counter crit, dps, tank, etc.... some basic building guides would at least help the casuals willing to peruse the forums.

@hanedog, not sure what you really mean by 'precise and thorough in your complaints/suggestions'. If I say I got raped in a 1v1 with such and such toon that really is super situational and if you mean stating like 'q' isn't offering full 38% benefit or whatever, then that kind of goes well beyond casual player. I'm not trying to do flobing math formulas in my casual cool down gaming in the evening - the entire perspective I try and bring to this thread.

I will say on a complete side note though, I do like the creativity of the new toons. Makes shap harder still for noobs and casuals, but still like the variation.

Your problem is with the genre then, not the game. The very core appeal of the moba genre is the complexity, skill cap, and requirement of both teamwork and lateral thinking (kept alive through changing meta, which is kept alive through changes in the balance).

Right now, this is what you sound like to me (side note: I don't mean it as aggressively as it probably sounds):

"Dear government, I'd like to be a lawyer, but I don't really feel like putting that much time into it so please stop adding/changing laws and revoke the existence of jurisprudence. I just wanna study the books that are already there and then just practice law. Thank you."

While your desires are perfectly understandable and if put into perspective somewhat reasonable, they are not realistic as they miss the bigger picture.

Finally: there are workarounds for the issues the genre creates, but not within the confines of a map editor. Hence the creation of HoN & LoL, and eventually DotA2 (i.e. using an mmr system and having tutorials). Well, aside from a community of helpful and understanding players... but that's not something you'll generally find in moba games, as well intentioned people are generally corrupted by trolls, ignorance and ingratitude.

They should give more tutorials ingame, update them even, or like give new players a game mode where they practice vs bots...

Wouled be nice.

This is a terrific idea. One of the biggest contentions I have with this game is the inability to trial new toons. It's hard enough to keep up with the one(s) I use regularly and my only option is a solo game or pub game and neither of these are ideal for really playing around with builds. I do like the idea of a test mode, or tm game with bots besides just creep.

Your problem is with the genre then, not the game. The very core appeal of the moba genre is the complexity, skill cap, and requirement of both teamwork and lateral thinking (kept alive through changing meta, which is kept alive through changes in the balance).

Right now, this is what you sound like to me (side note: I don't mean it as aggressively as it probably sounds):

"Dear government, I'd like to be a lawyer, but I don't really feel like putting that much time into it so please stop adding/changing laws and revoke the existence of jurisprudence. I just wanna study the books that are already there and then just practice law. Thank you."

While your desires are perfectly understandable and if put into perspective somewhat reasonable, they are not realistic as they miss the bigger picture.

Finally: there are workarounds for the issues the genre creates, but not within the confines of a map editor. Hence the creation of HoN & LoL, and eventually DotA2 (i.e. using an mmr system and having tutorials). Well, aside from a community of helpful and understanding players... but that's not something you'll generally find in moba games, as well intentioned people are generally corrupted by trolls, ignorance and ingratitude.

The difference is there is little need for casual lawyers. My entire perspective is that of a casual player. period. My frustrations, suggestions, complaints, rants and raves are all those of a casual player. If there is no interest in having a casual following, then by all means, please, ignore my posts and continue on into the tiny niche this is quickly becoming. To offer counter perspective to this thought though, if casuals can jump in and remain somewhat competitive then there is potential for them to grow into more serious players, building the IH pool. But if this remains the complex, uninviting, impossibly steep learning curve type game it has become, there is no reason for new players to join when there are far more balanced dotas out there (and dont require SCII + HotS).

Outside of new hero's, there hasn't been many major changes that actually change how hero's are played for over a month, only slight balance tweaks. So I'm not sure what your complaining about right now. If its about the new hero's, well this game needs more hero's. As for a tutorial or something, this game doesn't have that many devs to spare the time to make one.

@Destroyer- it isn't that the Dev's don't have spare time, it is that they won't share Development with others out there who are capable of helping. That doesn't mean I don't blame them because the more cooks, the more confusion and chaos but I am among a few who could put time into helping create a tutorial and I'm sure 'WE' (those of us who have dev experience) will not be given admin control to make said changes.

@Destroyer- it isn't that the Dev's don't have spare time, it is that they won't share Development with others out there who are capable of helping. That doesn't mean I don't blame them because the more cooks, the more confusion and chaos but I am among a few who could put time into helping create a tutorial and I'm sure 'WE' (those of us who have dev experience) will not be given admin control to make said changes.

wot. i will do my best to help promote any tutorials like axtrimaitex's video from a few weeks ago.

Whale, I think the tutorial videos are great but I also think people like ohsfast will not be satisfied with that form of AOS education. His point is that players who are not 'hard-core' will not look on the forums and thus never find the tutorial videos. He is asking for an in-game guide which seems like a fair enough request but also an extremely time-consuming one. I was just telling Destroyer that the current dev's focus is on game development and bugs. If an ingame tutorial were to be added it would either require total dev team refocus or additional manpower that ultimately makes development much more confusing.

I'm not complaining at all about the game. Just trying to clarify previous points made :)

wot. i will do my best to help promote any tutorials like axtrimaitex's video from a few weeks ago.

Some wallpapers coming.Stay tuned.