Sign in to follow this  
WhaleTits

Changelog v1.227-1.231 [Week 11]

Guest Googles

ive never gotten a black screen. my guess is u saw people with computers tht suck hard

Dst is 100% of the attacker's Wpn Dmg dealt as Spell Damage

Retributions is 100% or 160% of defender's Wpn Dmg dealt as Weapon Damage (can Crit) (100% for ranged defender, 160% for melee defender)

I too have noticed some ppl getting the black screen. I didn't even know such a thing existed before. Will need to look into it later, have finals now.

Retributions is 100% or 160% of defender's Wpn Dmg dealt as Weapon Damage (can Crit) (100% for ranged defender, 160% for melee defender)

I too have noticed some ppl getting the black screen. I didn't even know such a thing existed before. Will need to look into it later, have finals now.

it says 110% and 170% on the items.

p.s. gl with finals.

Edited by LameDude

it says 110% and 170% on the items.

p.s. gl with finals.

I couldn't update EU last night because it was down (I assume maintenance).

Adam currently has that map atm I believe

Balrog

- Heroic Passive 4% Current Hp -> 4% Missing Hp. Now deals 1.5x Dmg to Non-Heroic.

Have u even tested this? It will change Balrog into burst damage hero only... or into weak support he used to be. Consider increasing his weapon speed or leech along with missing health then

Edited by Spooky

Only happens when the 'TargetDisplay' loads much longer, and the game starts quicker. Then, I think that one player gets a black screen.

I don't see how it does that at all, care to explain?

While with full health he will do literally no additional damage coming from his passive. That means much slower jungling, much lower sustained damage in teamfights. His sustained damage could compete with other carries mainly because of that passive. He has much slower weapon speed and he is melee. Now I can't really see how his sustained damage can be even close. His burst damage is still high, so I can't imagine someone going sustained damage build with Balrog when building burst become much more effective. So in my opinion is much better to reduce his burst damage, because sustained is in right spot.

While with full health he will do literally no additional damage coming from his passive. That means much slower jungling, much lower sustained damage in teamfights. His sustained damage could compete with other carries mainly because of that passive. He has much slower weapon speed and he is melee. Now I can't really see how his sustained damage can be even close. His burst damage is still high, so I can't imagine someone going sustained damage build with Balrog when building burst become much more effective. So in my opinion is much better to reduce his burst damage, because sustained is in right spot.

Well it all depends on how you look at it. He didn't just "compete" with other carries before (note that you are calling him a carry by implication here) he massively outdamaged their auto-attacks with his.

This changes the dynamic a bit with Balrog. He still has sizeable burst, but becomes a more dangerous enemy the lower HP he has - so it becomes important to finish him off, which can be quite difficult.

I haven't played the new Balrog, but I sincerely doubt this has any effect on Balrog, even in terms of itemization.

Maybe this is an attempt to give Balrog a more limited window of opportunity? Perhaps an attempt to reduce his midgame sustained damage? Trying to fit Balrog more within a traditional role, rather than having him able of doing everything at any point?

I think it is a easily a step in the right direction, and it seems ridiculous that you dismiss the change as simply bad out of the gate, particularly because we all know you come from a very biased point of view :-)

Basically the balrog change is meant to make him less snowbally.

With the % Current HP dmg, a fed balrog has a much easier time at staying at max hp - He jumps into the fight with the highest burst potential because he is full hp, and leeches the most at full hp to keep himself there. The enemy team must focus him, or he will stay at full hp, and continue doing tons of sustained damage, ontop of his burst.

With % Missing HP, a fed balrog will deal much less damage at max hp - He jumps into the fight with lower burst potential because he is full hp, and doesn't leech as much. The enemy team can choose to focus him to stop his team utility (auras/debuff immunity), or focus other priority targets without suffering as much because he doesn't has as much sustained dps.

With % Current HP, a feeding balrog will have a terrible time doing anything because if he goes in, he will loose all his HP AND his Dmg/Sustain.

With % Missing Hp, a feeding balrog will have a bit easier time because as he falls lower, he will be able to leech a bit more and be a bit more relevant.

I am not satisfied Balrog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Barlog's role Semi tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ich want Balrog was old - Heroic Passive 4% Current Hp!!!!!!!

Edited by IljaHi

@Soed - he outdamaged them because of his burst. Their sustained damage were very similar. He had higher damage per hit, but much slower auto-attack. I may agree though that my point of view in this case can be subjective since I simply prefer Balrog as carry with sustained damage over Balrog with burst damage (I almost never buy Atom on him). But also this kind of hero design is much more simple to balance than burst-carry like in Ling case.

@Whale - ok, I see your goal. Then I guess percent value should be little bit higher, because Balrog who is behind wouldn't be able to do anything anyway. Leech isn't strong enough to keep him alive long enough. And reducing burst damage also can reduce snowball effect. Right now he can still one-shot squishies if rushed Atom.

Just checked Tassadar and he is glitched. Instead of subtracting -35% weapon dmg when summoning a clone, it limits Tass' dmg to 35 % dmg total. This can be noted by the decrease from 203 down to 67 once I summoned an illusion. Obviously this makes him kind of useless as is =P Not that many people played him before