WhaleTits

Changelog v1.225-1.226 [Week 7]

So should we have a few words that summarizes an ability in the tooltip above the full description? Like for Brine's pull we could write something like, "Stun an Enemy and Drag them with you." or for Drake's Ult we could write something like, "Knockup and Slow enemies then regenerate health and energy."

So should we have a few words that summarizes an ability in the tooltip above the full description? Like for Brine's pull we could write something like, "Stun an Enemy and Drag them with you." or for Drake's Ult we could write something like, "Knockup and Slow enemies then regenerate health and energy."

That could be helpful. I've never played DOTA2 so I don't know the aforementioned reference, but that would act 2 fold, 1) easier to see on the fly and learn a toon, and 2) give a simple understanding of each ability which might make a better intuitive combo'ing decisions

i thought you can already see the ability description by passing your mouse over the ability of the hero. At least, I can.

Maybe playing with pre teens might be a reason for a easier vocabulary (dont understand the vocabulary), but most people here are over 18, do we really need to change it?

( I miss the hero description that there used to be too :))

Edited by LucKiesT

Yes you can see the ability description. The point would be to add a short summary above this so someone can tell what an ability does at a glance.

There are probably plenty of people like Quidditch

...its so much intense reading. And I didnt bother reading the skill because of it.

Who would prefer to be able to read:

Knockup, Slow, and Damage enemies then regenerate health and energy.

Rather than:

Mandrake detonates himself, dealing massive Spell Damage to nearby enemies. Damaged enemies are sent airborne for 1.25 seconds, and lose 50% Movement Speed for 3 seconds. Mandrake Remains buried for 5 seconds, regenerating 7% of his maximum Health and Energy per second

So the entire tooltip would read something like:

Ability Summary: Knockup, Slow, and Damage enemies then regenerate health and energy.

Full Description: Mandrake detonates himself, dealing massive Spell Damage to nearby enemies. Damaged enemies are sent airborne for 1.25 seconds, and lose 50% Movement Speed for 3 seconds. Mandrake Remains buried for 5 seconds, regenerating 7% of his maximum Health and Energy per second

This way, it's easier to pick up new abilities which have more details in it. You can quickly glance at a 1 sentence summary to know what your ability does and then read below for more details.

Edited by AtomiK

I disagree I believe that the current way is correct, also the main reason dota 2 has an incredibly higher amount of active players is due to the tutorial and the easy way of getting started instead of the "hardcore" on AoS.

Guest Googles

only if i think it will make my team better. I care uknw. Im nt a scumbag troll like sumdouche and snorklflag

only if i think it will make my team better. I care uknw. Im nt a scumbag troll like sumdouche and snorklflag

At least man up and admit you are being a dick to make people angry, instead of hiding behind weak excuses.

Guest Googles

At least man up and admit you are being a dick to make people angry, instead of hiding behind weak excuses.

why are you coming in here with this stupid bullshap. Im nt hiding behind anything. I troll games to make my team better and if you dont believe then u can go suck cock for all i care. U ARE THE DICK. idk who u think u are coming at me like that. u need to manner up and realize that i have a reason for wht I do and thats up to me. So take ur self and get up and go somewhere. If i find you in game i will troll u just to be a dick. maybe finally then u will see the difference

why are you coming in here with this stupid bullshap. Im nt hiding behind anything. I troll games to make my team better and if you dont believe then u can go suck cock for all i care. U ARE THE DICK. idk who u think u are coming at me like that. u need to manner up and realize that i have a reason for wht I do and thats up to me. So take ur self and get up and go somewhere. If i find you in game i will troll u just to be a dick. maybe finally then u will see the difference

I find it hilarious that you tell me to manner up and say that I am the dick (in all caps), and, in the same post you attempt to use petty insults to intimidate me and threaten to troll me in pubs. You got me shakin' in my boots.

*slow clap*

Wow, guys

Have some decorum.

...who cares if I'm a week late?

edit: ... that moment when you tab and you hit the 'post' because you're bad at doing this. I didn't actually mean to post this.

Edited by Eliwan