WhaleTits

Changelog v1.225-1.226 [Week 7]

Possibly spell armor, penetration, change to wards, etc. Might be nice to include change logs in game under like how to play/game information so more casual players can find it who don't like to use browsers in this day and age (LOL).

Those changes you named don't really affect the pub life, except maybe the penetration one since it adds new items.

I've played 3 games today and everyone gave me approximately 1 sec to choose a toon. I'm not the only one either..... #whythefrapamIstilleventrying

there's something called testmode lol

I think he's talking about the bug where the beginning loading takes too long, and cuts a lot of time off your hero selection.

Guest Googles

thats just another way of adding a challenge to the game. I bet the devs added a 15% chance for this to happen to spice up game.

seriously guys ... I'm starting to think I've stumbled into a den of retards and am questioning my own integrity for staying so long. In a few short weeks you have managed to turn this game into a JOKE. It is HORRIBLE .. and you thought it was unbalanced before?? Congrats to the 4-5 whining pieces of shap. You got your changes and managed to drive nearly everyone else off. Im waiting several minutes per game and then just watch the same loser op toons (shade, nova, bio, etc) pwn without trying over and over. Thats not even counting the excess of laggers, leavers, and foreigners these days. I dont think Ive ever seen someone drive something into the ground so hard and so fast before. Congratulations on that.

Ohsfast you never really say what you want, you just complain. I'm not sure what your goal is here. It seems you have a problem with everything and will never be satisfied. So, so long my friend. If you think this game is horrible and have nothing constructive to say then I guess this is the end between you and this game. I'm not particularly happy about seeing anyone go but if you think this game is a joke, then go find something that suits your fancy. Of course you could always try to help... But it seems you're past that. Thanks for stopping by.

Ohsfast you never really say what you want, you just complain. I'm not sure what your goal is here. It seems you have a problem with everything and will never be satisfied. So, so long my friend. If you think this game is horrible and have nothing constructive to say then I guess this is the end between you and this game. I'm not particularly happy about seeing anyone go but if you think this game is a joke, then go find something that suits your fancy. Of course you could always try to help... But it seems you're past that. Thanks for stopping by.

Seriously? I've said in several posts what I think is wrong. And more than that, I'm not alone. Game after game there are those who share the sentiment that all these changes are wrecking the game. The lobby wait time increase is even more proof. The problem is catering to the few who know the specific mechanics and suggest specific changes. If me stopping by and saying YOURE RUINING THE GAME, isn't considered helpful, then I doubt any amount of time I spend on here will be. Sadly I only come to complain because there is only complaints these days (although, I do like the prospective of some new toons which has been thrown around). Check my post pre patches happy ravings, they were not complaints but interaction on build guides (which we be awesome to have relevant again). Nobody stays the same longer than 2 weeks and like Ive said before, unless you know EXACTLY how those changes affect the whole of the game, youre screwed by those who do. What I have been and am saying is you are making this impossible to enjoy for any level of casual gamer.

...and furthermore, I do appreciate the hard work and sentiment behind the changes. Really, I do. I just think the execution has been terrible, and more than that the education/information has been the worst. If you're going to stat radically changing things at least offer some use case scenarios or build suggestions based on the new changes to jump start the transition and minimize the learning curve.

ohsobm why are you still using your tone in your posts? its clear as glass that they are not going to change this game in your favor, your acting stupid like me, where we think that these *gods will listen to us, well guess what? they wont change it for you, they are not your servants, you should just accept this and move on ok? If you want to continue playing this game, then you have to adapt and soon maybe you will like it? Now I wish you were PhoenixRajoNight when he said that DPS are trash compare to INT because he had a big complaint for that if recalled and I thought the devs are going to change in favor of that

huh and here I thought most people found Nova to be weak in the live version. And Heroes like Kerry / Tychus / Cain / Balrog to be strong

in my except experience those heroes are mostly banned, and nova just wrecks the games without them. But in the live version crit is still at 80% and khali is still at 40% extra.

in my except experience those heroes are mostly banned, and nova just wrecks the games without them. But in the live version crit is still at 80% and khali is still at 40% extra.

that oshap guy doesn't play ih only pubs.... and he mad nova op

In every changelog you're complaining about changes. You suggested updating recommended builds which was a good suggestion and you have some useful posts in the guides section, so I'm sorry I forgot about that. You're main complaint seems to be that, and I quote, "Nobody stays the same longer than 2 weeks and like Ive said before, unless you know EXACTLY how those changes affect the whole of the game, youre screwed by those who do." And the fact is that this isn't even true. There was ONE major item overhaul. Please tell me the DRASTIC changes that prevented you from being able be efficient with your old builds with Nova, Darpa, Shadow, Penthos, Kerrigan, Tychus, Balrog... I could list nearly all the heroes here.

Edited by AtomiK

I think the rec builds are still prob the best way to keep noobs and casuals in the pubs, but beyond that I'd recommend some up-to-date build guides on here, even if just far more basic than some of the uber detailed ones of the past. Most importantly noting for each toon how they are intended to be played (at least the easiest). For example, Virgil is classed as an Agility hero, but everyone I've ever played with tells me he's int (spell dmg from all his abilities). So intuitively, if I was a noob, I'd default to upping my main attribute (agility) and this would render most of my abilities pretty weak. So a basic item build and primary ability combo would be super helpful (and for all toons preferably). Secondly, I think it would be really helpful to have a top level break down of the game mechanics (if not already out there somewhere. I couldnt find one) as far as crit, physical dmg, spell dmg, resist, evade, etc... and preferred method of countering. This will do 3 things, 1) help noobs/casuals intuitively understand how they should build their specific toon (at least in a good direction) and 2) how to add some cushion against whoever is wrecking them - for example, Nova stacks heavy on all crit/wpn dmg items what should I grab next to add a little buffer so I at least stand a chance to get away, or even try to fight (and these are really assuming 1v1 scenarios in pubs, rather than team fights). 3) Allow me (and anyone else) to know how to provide the specific suggestions apparently you guys are wanting. So I know if I have armor out the ass and am getting wrecked by crit then something may be off. I think these would help mitigate some of the frustrations esp from the significant recent changes.

Edited by ohsfast

Honestly, I think he makes some good points, despite the delivery being a little...sharp. I pub quite a lot and my lobbies have been filling at a noticeably slower pace.

I'm sure there are various reasons for this, but the problem I'm seeing is that the game is pretty inaccessible for new players. There are a plethora of situational items in the game now and if you choose poorly, you're setting yourself up for failure. This is not to say that I'm upset about that fact, as you should be swiftly and brutally punished for making bad choices, but I've played this game for years and can adapt to changes easily. I can easily see how overwhelming this would be to someone brand new to the game.

It's really quite common for people to ask about builds in-game. If I can help, I do, but most of the time it's a lost cause. Personally, I love all the new changes and items, but I had to spend a decent chunk of time testing builds and trying out different item combos before I found good builds. Most new players don't even know where to begin with itemization and barely understand how most of the skills in the game work.

I've said it before in this suggestion thread, but I really think that Dota 2 NAILED it when it comes to newbie accessibility. I'm not even talking about the tutorials and bot games, but simply the fact that I can read every skill on every hero during gameplay. I played DotA in WC3 religiously and still ended up learning new things about multiple heroes in Dota 2 because their tooltip system was so well constructed.

This game is great, really, but I feel that it is now more difficult to jump in and pick it up.

Yp thats good point marty.

This game is going way too much only for competitive scene, pubs werent rly payed attention to lately

Edited by ZERATUL

RoA used a recommended item system with 4 categories:

Starting Items:

2-3x Items

Core Items:

3x Items

Situational Items:

6x Items

Consumables:

All Pots and Wards

Unfortunately I don't have the personal ability to recreate that in AoS, and Wrath in general has been too busy. Regardless, I've updated recommended items for all heroes in Beta.

Honestly, I think he makes some good points, despite the delivery being a little...sharp. I pub quite a lot and my lobbies have been filling at a noticeably slower pace.

I'm sure there are various reasons for this, but the problem I'm seeing is that the game is pretty inaccessible for new players. There are a plethora of situational items in the game now and if you choose poorly, you're setting yourself up for failure. This is not to say that I'm upset about that fact, as you should be swiftly and brutally punished for making bad choices, but I've played this game for years and can adapt to changes easily. I can easily see how overwhelming this would be to someone brand new to the game.

It's really quite common for people to ask about builds in-game. If I can help, I do, but most of the time it's a lost cause. Personally, I love all the new changes and items, but I had to spend a decent chunk of time testing builds and trying out different item combos before I found good builds. Most new players don't even know where to begin with itemization and barely understand how most of the skills in the game work.

I've said it before in this suggestion thread, but I really think that Dota 2 NAILED it when it comes to newbie accessibility. I'm not even talking about the tutorials and bot games, but simply the fact that I can read every skill on every hero during gameplay. I played DotA in WC3 religiously and still ended up learning new things about multiple heroes in Dota 2 because their tooltip system was so well constructed.

This game is great, really, but I feel that it is now more difficult to jump in and pick it up.

LoL, In both AOS / ROA I have told whale that I dont understand how a change works because its so much intense reading. And I didnt bother reading the skill because of it. But thats the problem when you create some difficult skills that synergize uniquely with your other skills.

Point is. Im spoon fed a lot of the changes by him. So I dont run into this issue. But I can easily see where people are coming from. If I look at a skill at a glance and It has a huge amount of text im just like flob it. And continue playing.

Didn't Whale make the original recommended items? LOL. JK ;)

Don't most games have a bunch of pop ups and stuff that appear for first time users or that you have to shut off? Gaining new player base is much more key than fine balancing, although I do understand most of this is Wrath related, but I think you can give yourself more credit Whale.