WhaleTits

Changelog v1.223-1.224 [Week 5]

This game is not becoming more entertaining. It is impossible to know unless you study it like a full load at university. Its becoming more and more niche in a market that is already dwindling. Everyone keeps saying that everybody is happy with the patches, but notice how lobby times are getting longer and longer every day? By constantly tweaking (and in some cases out right changing) things the only people who stand a chance are the ones who already had a full generic grasp and study the change logs. It can no longer be a game where you hop on at the end of a long day and wind down through some foul racy but competitive fun. Sorry if anyone was offended by my earlier post, if so, I cant imagine how you make it through any DOTA pub game...

If you just want to play it for fun, you don't have to care about these changes. You can build whatever you want on a hero as long as it has stats that help you, and you will still be relevant and be able to have fun. Just try to ignore the changes.

Also, if you want a build and basic guide for any hero, make a topic in the guides/strategy section of this forum, and you will normally get a prompt response.

If you just want to play it for fun, you don't have to care about these changes. You can build whatever you want on a hero as long as it has stats that help you, and you will still be relevant and be able to have fun. Just try to ignore the changes.

Also, if you want a build and basic guide for any hero, make a topic in the guides/strategy section of this forum, and you will normally get a prompt response.

Not much fun when youre getting run over with the build that worked fine yesterday - and thats that greatest chunk of my concern. and whats a build guide gonna do? they change (and drastically for most toons) almost weekly now. I have rebuilt my build 4 times and play style 3 times in the last 2 months on SS alone.

He is? I was thinking the main reason most of his lobbies are empty nowadays was because of his raging... JK JK.

Ohsfast, you have to realize that the pace this game is changing may be high now but that is in part because it was sooo freaking unbalanced before. At some point development will slow and the heroes you like to play won't change every patch. Ultimately, patches should be more subtle with larger ones dealing with content additions like new heroes, items and map tweaks. Wait a bit longer and the larger changes to the heroes in the current pool will stop...

Changelog v1.224

Game Sys

- Improved Neutral Agro Trigger AI - should take less resources

- Duran's Buckler/Darksteel Titan Forged Metal Unique -5/-8 Physical Damage -> Take 10% Reduced Weapon Damage

- Creep Agro and Tower Agro triggers no longer listen to every damage dealt - only listens to Player Heroes

- Hero Kill Function no longer listens to every damage dealt - only listens to Player Heroes

- Win Condition no longer listens to every unit death - only on the artifact's death

- Hero Perma Death Revive Function no longer listens to every unit death - only on a Hero's Perma Death

- Zerg Creep now spawn .1 seconds apart from each other, instead of all at once

- Lane Creep Scaling Trigger now tied to the Upgrader. Now adds instead of set upgrade level.

- Fixed Spell Buffer Unique Period 0.0 -> 0.5s

Dustin

- Fixed Tooltip issue on Q scaling

Balrog

- Q Mana Cost 58/62/66/70 -> 62/68/72/80, Range 7 -> 6.5

Stukov

- W Mana Cost 65/70/75/80 -> 70/80/90/100

Greelus

- Q Mover 15 -> 20 Mvspd

- R Drop Time 1.5s Delay -> 1s Delay

- R Damage 90/130/170 + 20% Int -> 100/150/200 + 25% Int

Kerrigan

- Q Damage rescaled 100%/110%/120%/130% Wpn Dmg -> 20/60/100/140 + 75% Wpn Dmg

- W Found a mistake causing it to do 15% reduced dmg per bounce rather than 20% as stated. Nerfed to 20% reduction. W now applies E again.

I laughed out loud when I read that the game was checking each kill to verify it wasn't a game ending kill hahahaha. Love it. Thanks for the lag fixes.

I know I complained about Greelus being stupid op in the tourney (I still think he was). The new Greelus ultimate is pretty underwhelming though. I don't personally play Greelus but I think the physical length of his ultimate should grow a bit longer each level OR my favorite idea- have the trail follow someones cursor position for X, Y, Z, units based on level. That way Greelus can have a bit more control of his zone control. It would be awesome if he could at least use it to surround a hero or two and would increase the creativity with which it was used.

Edited by Hanedog

- Hero Kill Function no longer listens to every damage dealt - only listens to Player Heroes

- Win Condition no longer listens to every unit death - only on the artifact's death

- Hero Perma Death Revive Function no longer listens to every unit death - only on a Hero's Perma Death

What?

Basically it is saying that instead of just looking at the final tower's death for the endgame trigger, the game was checking every single kill of any type to see if it matched the game ending trigger. The game was doing WAY more calculating that it needed to :)

Edited by Hanedog

Not much fun when youre getting run over with the build that worked fine yesterday - and thats that greatest chunk of my concern. and whats a build guide gonna do? they change (and drastically for most toons) almost weekly now. I have rebuilt my build 4 times and play style 3 times in the last 2 months on SS alone.

That's interesting because I have changed my build progression once on him. Either going DPS or going INT. There were multiple items added to allow for more versatile gameplay instead of having to buy the same items every game to be effective. You're complaining about SS so lets take a look at what happened to him over the past 2 months.

Here are the changes copied directly from the changelogs:

• Tac Missiles now deal 20 + 9% Wpn Dmg as Physical, from 30 + 5% Int as Spell. (This is the major change that resulted in many people going AA instead of INT on him. I can understand if this change is questionable as it bothered people who wanted to go INT since that was a severe nerf. You can either go AA on him and make ur ult useless late game or go INT on him and only rely on your ult for damage. So he will probably get looked at again. I believe this change was to try and push him into a viable jungle role. )
  • Repair Bots disable duration 10s -> 6s
  • Base Wpn Dmg 25 -> 35
  • Q Rocket Scaling 18% -> 15%
  • W Changed to Armor/Spell Armor convention

So only one of these changes should have caused you to change your build patterns. Then came a pretty significant item addition and overhaul. You could still build the same items but now there were more options. Now the same item build you used every game could still work but might not have been optimal, you now required some creativity and time to learn the items.

For someone who doesn't play often, I can understand why this can be frustrating if you jump into a pub and realize you're getting wrecked because you have no idea what the items are that your opponents are carrying. This takes some getting used to but you can't be afraid of changes, especially when they are made in the right direction; otherwise you'll end up with a stagnant state of imbalance. Right now we are in a state of temporary imbalance and though we may never achieve absolute balance, we still work in that direction to make the game more enjoyable.

You said that builds change almost weekly? What exactly is wrong with having the option to have varied builds be just as strong. We aren't taking away your builds as they will still work just fine in most cases. Only now there is an option to use other items. Why don't you give me these 4 builds you have had to go through on SS? Let's see how much you were forced to change.

Item build should be reactive. Changing from game to game depending on what your playing against and what your team has.

Just played a game where I was at 4 fps at 40 minutes. I don't believe it is my computer, because I played a game before that with no lag or significant drop in fps (only went to 20) and it lasted 1:26 ingame time.

Just played a game where I was at 4 fps at 40 minutes. I don't believe it is my computer, because I played a game before that with no lag or significant drop in fps (only went to 20) and it lasted 1:26 ingame time.

In that case it looks like we might have to start taking reports from any game that experiences lag like this, listing the heroes and items present when lag first starts.

Naturally, the first thing I do when I get SC2 to update is check what's changed here.

So um, while I think everybody likes using terms from other games of the same genre, it's pretty confusing to see

"Moebius Coil... Mercenary 1... ...and granting you 10 minerals" when the direct upgrade of that item reads "Perpetual Engine... Mercenary 2... ...and granting you 15 gold."

Not sure if there would even be a better spot to tell that.

Yes, me...

And sure. I'll go update the game mechanics.

And make an item database, again.

Thanks a lot, African, for making me think you had. :<

edit: also i can't edit my signature, since it's over four lines...

Edited by Eliwan

That's interesting because I have changed my build progression once on him. Either going DPS or going INT. There were multiple items added to allow for more versatile gameplay instead of having to buy the same items every game to be effective. You're complaining about SS so lets take a look at what happened to him over the past 2 months.

Here are the changes copied directly from the changelogs:

• Tac Missiles now deal 20 + 9% Wpn Dmg as Physical, from 30 + 5% Int as Spell. (This is the major change that resulted in many people going AA instead of INT on him. I can understand if this change is questionable as it bothered people who wanted to go INT since that was a severe nerf. You can either go AA on him and make ur ult useless late game or go INT on him and only rely on your ult for damage. So he will probably get looked at again. I believe this change was to try and push him into a viable jungle role. )
  • Repair Bots disable duration 10s -> 6s
  • Base Wpn Dmg 25 -> 35
  • Q Rocket Scaling 18% -> 15%
  • W Changed to Armor/Spell Armor convention

So only one of these changes should have caused you to change your build patterns. Then came a pretty significant item addition and overhaul. You could still build the same items but now there were more options. Now the same item build you used every game could still work but might not have been optimal, you now required some creativity and time to learn the items.

For someone who doesn't play often, I can understand why this can be frustrating if you jump into a pub and realize you're getting wrecked because you have no idea what the items are that your opponents are carrying. This takes some getting used to but you can't be afraid of changes, especially when they are made in the right direction; otherwise you'll end up with a stagnant state of imbalance. Right now we are in a state of temporary imbalance and though we may never achieve absolute balance, we still work in that direction to make the game more enjoyable.

You said that builds change almost weekly? What exactly is wrong with having the option to have varied builds be just as strong. We aren't taking away your builds as they will still work just fine in most cases. Only now there is an option to use other items. Why don't you give me these 4 builds you have had to go through on SS? Let's see how much you were forced to change.

I don't have my build handy, I rebuild each time. Thank you for the consideration of analyzing them though. However, this kind of pisses me off even more. Instead of understanding the extreme frustration of one of your casual players, you decide to sweep in and attempt a deconstruct of their 'argument' (which in reality was not formulated to defeat a defense, but to invoke an emotional empathy of some of those being affected by the recent changes). And changing a player from int to AA is about as flobing extreme a change as you can get. Then shuffling the flob out of the items while renaming, re-imaging, and repricing them and you want to hop on here and tell me it should be easy to follow along? seriously? Is the goal to reach zero players? Because it seems like a lot of work is going into creating a zero audience.

Item build should be reactive. Changing from game to game depending on what your playing against and what your team has.

Agreed to some degree, but this shouldn't be mandatory if you expect any degree of casual players. The items base is large enough that anyone who wants to play without reading a manual will be put off

But complete noobs don't know how to build reactive. There should be a general item build in the recommended, but as of now those are bad.

Thank you for at least trying to understand, but its not just 'complete noobs', its anyone who wants some degree of casual play without studying a flobing handbook before each play.

Yes changing from INT to AA is a major change. I said as much. I just wanted to know what changes you did make because I personally have not had many major changes in my build progression. So I wanted to know what yours were so I could see exactly what you are talking about.

It sounds like you chose to really pick up this game during a major transitioning phase which is why you're frustrated with the frequency and depth of changes. If you saw how stagnant this game was for basically the past year, you did oiod see why many frequent players would want change and why many of these changes were made. There will still be some hero reworks in the near future as that's just part of the whole phase. It's nothing against casual players as you put it.

And there were many item changes, and now changes concerning items are probably largely done. Of course we care about casual players but we also have players who play more often and many of these changes cater towards them.

It sounds like you're suggesting to avoid large changes altogether.

In that case it looks like we might have to start taking reports from any game that experiences lag like this, listing the heroes and items present when lag first starts.

Just to add in I've seen this a fair bit lately as well in several games. I normally see a small decline in Fps as the game progresses, but on occasion suddenly it's like a switch flips and there is a massive drop to 1-2 Fps for basically the rest of the game, with the odd bump back up to semi-reasonable followed by more 1-2 Fps.

I've quit these games and messaged the players (in case I was the cause) but the reports back were the condition persisted even after I quit (which I hope rules me out).

Was hopeful the new patch would address, but saw a similar result recently post patch.

I never used to see this, and and now seeing it fairly often.

A replay would be helpful. Then we can simply observe the time at which the lag started and see if any particular item had been bought.

I'll tell you what I think would be the most helpful. Keep the req builds somewhat relevant and specific to the default play style. That way the casuals can at least kind of hold there own and not have to study any changes. That would be a good start

I don't know if any of you know this, but melee's are lagging a bit also. Compared to 2 months, I never saw a anyone drop from melee matches, and even rarer, have I seen people's lag screens pop up in a match. But now it is a a bit more of a common thing among the melee matches. This AoS lag, might not be directly linked to ALL of AoS. I do believe there is AoS lag, however, Blizzard had a few updates recently and I've noticed late game lag in my 3v3's, after they released these updates.

Edited by NeVeRWiN