WhaleTits

Changelog v1.221-1.222 [Week 4]

ferral is still broken, jungling at start a bit (quite easy with ferral)and then buying flaregun he comes running using his timescale and stunning activates ulti for 2/3 seconds + uses flaregun and owns any hero in a 1vs1 and in team fights he still does massive and has a pretty nice stun + a late game INT build is gg no re.

I never thought i would be writing this but ferral is OP! Haha

With so much more physical damage, barbed MAY actually be useful again.. I wish it still had it's active.

I'd hate to say it rory's rebounded needs to be re-evaluated because of the move speed items that make it negated. Maybe with ever level of q it also gains movement speed so it rebounds faster and makes it useable later game. Also Stevie is extremely weak late game IMO, since molly is easy to debuff. It should do % of heros health as true damage per second to it can melt tanks just the same as aa.

Lol rory up

I remember rory being a 1st pick if it was not banned in any ih in EU the last months, has he been nerfed?

In all the games i have played recently if Rory was not banned then he was picked 1st or by one of the teams. especially if you ban rog, rory is extremely strong still

In all the games i have played recently if Rory was not banned then he was picked 1st or by one of the teams. especially if you ban rog, rory is extremely strong still

He's picked for his utility, but that doesn't have any bearing on what i was talking about where 1 item negates his whole e for the most part. Also steive, is pretty pathetic when you can watch a tank sit right though it.

Try it on any tanky hero. they can just bask though it especially if they are attacking with leach items.

Yes he's still very strong in specific situations, and rebounder is very good in team fights, but trying to use it in a game where the other team goes move speed, makes it pretty shapty.

VS anyone with teleports, dodges, vs move speed heros like brine it negates it... The list goes on, but you get my point. Just saying a few changes

He's picked for his utility, but that doesn't have any bearing on what i was talking about where 1 item negates his whole e for the most part. Also steive, is pretty pathetic when you can watch a tank sit right though it.

Try it on any tanky hero. they can just bask though it especially if they are attacking with leach items.

Yes he's still very strong in specific situations, and rebounder is very good in team fights, but trying to use it in a game where the other team goes move speed, makes it pretty shapty.

VS anyone with teleports, dodges, vs move speed heros like brine it negates it... The list goes on, but you get my point. Just saying a few changes

Except that rory is already very strong, so why does he need to be buffed? If this is such a big problem, why isn't he a weak pick? I don't see the logic in your argument.

Seriously u gotta evaluate better the place and time to use stevie....if you are tossing it at a tank the tank will....well...tank it....and if you are tossing it to any individual with escape mechanismo they will escape.....

Instead toss it in the middle of a teamfight AFTER they show some commitment (dont get baited into panic-using it)...if they are engaged all your spells are easy to go.....rebounder starts hitting a lot and bothering alot....molotov becomes easy to aim and sometimes u get 2 or more heroes caught...stevie zoning can make it so either u get 3 kills some games or they have to split leaving a 5v5 into a 3v5? 2v5? depends...and if it does happen what you said that the tank tanks it I think if you isolated the tank using stevie your team can insta murder him and it was worth it....one ulti for one free kill???

The uses you seem to be trying are more solo assassination oriented and rory is more of a team battle caster support....all his spells shine the most during a full team engage so why would you try otherwise? BTW unless it was changed you can aim stevie when multiple heroes are in range so you make the most of it manually avoiding the tank and killing the squishy

One of my favorite heroes is jackson and his spells tend to do well when full team battles happen and enemies are commited and many are clumped...unless they were clumped before that is....so whenever you can find the opening and timing the same rule applies...ulti for mass hits, link for mass silences, all team in the range of passive debuff and on top of that the more total damage means more shields gained from heroic passive....why would I pick jackson and go try solo a tank for example? Better play with the team and get the most of tanky initiator or not so tanky counter initiator!

Why would you pick geneva and get no support at all and never ever heal anyone or use healing items? another example....

Maybe the other examples I say are a bit exagerated to you, but that way is at least my appreciation of what you say. Sounds like you want to play rory in a way that his toolkit does not incentivate like AT ALL. Not saying assassin rory cant be done. It can. But throwing your heavy stuff at critical times during teamfights you get the most out of your toon and be damaging, supportive, and annoying as flob to the other team. Why give it up cause u initiated with R or panic keyboard smashed buttons?

Seriously u gotta evaluate better the place and time to use stevie....if you are tossing it at a tank the tank will....well...tank it....and if you are tossing it to any individual with escape mechanismo they will escape.....

Instead toss it in the middle of a teamfight AFTER they show some commitment (dont get baited into panic-using it)...if they are engaged all your spells are easy to go.....rebounder starts hitting a lot and bothering alot....molotov becomes easy to aim and sometimes u get 2 or more heroes caught...stevie zoning can make it so either u get 3 kills some games or they have to split leaving a 5v5 into a 3v5? 2v5? depends...and if it does happen what you said that the tank tanks it I think if you isolated the tank using stevie your team can insta murder him and it was worth it....one ulti for one free kill???

The uses you seem to be trying are more solo assassination oriented and rory is more of a team battle caster support....all his spells shine the most during a full team engage so why would you try otherwise? BTW unless it was changed you can aim stevie when multiple heroes are in range so you make the most of it manually avoiding the tank and killing the squishy

One of my favorite heroes is jackson and his spells tend to do well when full team battles happen and enemies are commited and many are clumped...unless they were clumped before that is....so whenever you can find the opening and timing the same rule applies...ulti for mass hits, link for mass silences, all team in the range of passive debuff and on top of that the more total damage means more shields gained from heroic passive....why would I pick jackson and go try solo a tank for example? Better play with the team and get the most of tanky initiator or not so tanky counter initiator!

Why would you pick geneva and get no support at all and never ever heal anyone or use healing items? another example....

Maybe the other examples I say are a bit exagerated to you, but that way is at least my appreciation of what you say. Sounds like you want to play rory in a way that his toolkit does not incentivate like AT ALL. Not saying assassin rory cant be done. It can. But throwing your heavy stuff at critical times during teamfights you get the most out of your toon and be damaging, supportive, and annoying as flob to the other team. Why give it up cause u initiated with R or panic keyboard smashed buttons?

So the arguement is trying to be defaced again. No one is talking about early game rory or mid game rory or the fact that he is strong at specific points in the game.

I am talking about the lessening of his abilities mid/late game. Moo, are you saying you don't disagree that he gets weaker later game and his kit becomes significantly reduced when parallax is introduced to the equation? There is specific skills and heros that I consider tank busters, Erekel with his R, Karak with is bleed and w and rory with the stevie/molly. As I stated earlier, rory generally forces the team to get a parallax, which could be considered powerful in it's self but again the fact that generally, ALL heros benefit by some move speed item weather it's from move speed ot timescale/silversoul. I've watched a rebounder chase grunty half way across the map because he can out run it. I've also seen brine do the same thing. So my suggestion was to increase the speed at which the rebounder moves based on level to keep the skill more relevant, which hardly seems like a buff but more of keeping the hero's skills relevant.

Modifying stevie is the only "buff" that I was talking about which would increase damage buy multiples the longer you stayed in the flame.

So the arguement is trying to be defaced again. No one is talking about early game rory or mid game rory or the fact that he is strong at specific points in the game.

I am talking about the lessening of his abilities mid/late game. Moo, are you saying you don't disagree that he gets weaker later game and his kit becomes significantly reduced when parallax is introduced to the equation? There is specific skills and heros that I consider tank busters, Erekel with his R, Karak with is bleed and w and rory with the stevie/molly. As I stated earlier, rory generally forces the team to get a parallax, which could be considered powerful in it's self but again the fact that generally, ALL heros benefit by some move speed item weather it's from move speed ot timescale/silversoul. I've watched a rebounder chase grunty half way across the map because he can out run it. I've also seen brine do the same thing. So my suggestion was to increase the speed at which the rebounder moves based on level to keep the skill more relevant, which hardly seems like a buff but more of keeping the hero's skills relevant.

Modifying stevie is the only "buff" that I was talking about which would increase damage buy multiples the longer you stayed in the flame.

Increasing speed of rebounder is also a buff. Yes, I don't disagree that there are ways to counter rory, but it doesn't make him weak even when he is countered by parallax or movespeed. He still has an amazing zoning tool in his ult and if he procs their parallaxes with rebounder, you can still molo them and deal insane amounts of damage without building any damage items. Or vice versa, if he lands a molo on them and procs parallax, he can chain stun them with a single ability.

Lategame rory turret shouldn't be able to kill a tank with rory building no damage, do you know how stupid that would be??? Molo does still deal TONS of damage lategame if your team follows up. Molo damage literally never falls off in my experience, since your team can damage them and make each molo tick deal over 1k damage....

If there grunty or brine is running across the map to avoid rebounder then they arent helping with the teamfight and its not a 5v4 ggnore. Skills dont always have to hit to accomplish things.

If there grunty or brine is running across the map to avoid rebounder then they arent helping with the teamfight and its not a 5v4 ggnore. Skills dont always have to hit to accomplish things.

More like they can run out of range of it rebounding on anything, and just as quickly return to the fight before it even finished.

Increasing speed of rebounder is also a buff. Yes, I don't disagree that there are ways to counter rory, but it doesn't make him weak even when he is countered by parallax or movespeed. He still has an amazing zoning tool in his ult and if he procs their parallaxes with rebounder, you can still molo them and deal insane amounts of damage without building any damage items. Or vice versa, if he lands a molo on them and procs parallax, he can chain stun them with a single ability.

Lategame rory turret shouldn't be able to kill a tank with rory building no damage, do you know how stupid that would be??? Molo does still deal TONS of damage lategame if your team follows up. Molo damage literally never falls off in my experience, since your team can damage them and make each molo tick deal over 1k damage....

There are several counters to rory's spells and he is only VERY good in situational times.

No one is arguing with that, but I'm talking about the times it's not situational. Again, I don't think anyone would disagree that his abilities get weaker with time as the game goes on.

Edited by zazzn

There are several counters to rory's spells and he is only VERY good in situational times.

No one is arguing with that, but I'm talking about the times it's not situational. Again, I don't think anyone would disagree that his abilities get weaker with time as the game goes on.

He is really strong through all game