WhaleTits

Changelog v1.221-1.222 [Week 4]

So you like the way it works? What are you arguing then? I'd say it might as well have been an unintentional, indirectly intentional change.

Again I didnt say I like the way it works in fact I think it is inconsistent. In my opinion if it is dodgeable by blinks and shadows q, which is retarded if this still works, then vergils e which for all intents and purposes is a blink should work the same. And I disagree with you I reckon it was just entirely unintentional.

I did not adjust anything in evasion, and nothing in that regards was addressed, so anything that may have changed was not done so consciously.

Though as far as a design aspect is concerned, I would imagine tower shots should be dodged by evasion, as with any AA functionality. The merits of evasion, on the other hand, are up to debate (especially purchasable, RNG evasion like Sword Breaker/Time Splitter, as opposed to non RNG, non Purchasable, such as Vergil)

I agree that it was unintentional but figured we are all fine with the way it is working, unlike many of the features of the past. Like Skye said earlier, vergil's e works like a blink but is coded like a dash. So you are saying the inconsistency is only with vergil?

Well I died in a pub on saturday so its not ok!!!!

I can't think of any other skill that works like this but you should know better since you play this game much more regularly than me.

Also I think whale worded it best about aa functionality

Few small things:

- Stukov living armor isn't scaled with new armor values

- Physical resistance in Vespus W armor tooltip is expressed in percentage values instead armor values. Besides health regen part of ability is kinda useless...

- Pyre has both 'physical' and 'spell' damage in tooltip description

The problem isn't being physical damage, it's that each rocket has 15% Weapon Damage Scaling. And he shoots 30 rockets at level 4 of the ability. 30*15% = 450% Weapon Damage scaling. And of course you don't hit every rocket so its probably like 20 rockets which is still 300% Scaling.

I don't see any issues with stukov's living armor

He used to give 12 armor on level 4 while reaching 40-50 armor was a lot. Now he still gives 12 armor while u can easily reach over 100. In other words he got unnecessary nerf...

great patch

erekul seems very op atm when combined with everthirst;

he has ridiculous mana sustain due to his great aa animation

and gets an 8% over 2 seconds heal (or 4% every second which is the equiv to 4x organics....) ontop of his Q spam

top that off with a whole heap of new tanky / support items and hes extremely hard to kill

i dont think the item needs a nerf as such it seems to fit ok with every other hero, unsure what would be a good way to scale it

the new hero seems very fragile 1500hp? at lvl 18 & quite low general movement speed considering

Edited by ANARCHY

great patch

erekul seems very op atm when combined with everthirst;

he has ridiculous mana sustain due to his great aa animation

and gets an 8% over 2 seconds heal (or 4% every second which is the equiv to 4x organics....) ontop of his Q spam

top that off with a whole heap of new tanky / support items and hes extremely hard to kill

i dont think the item needs a nerf as such it seems to fit ok with every other hero, unsure what would be a good way to scale it

the new hero seems very fragile 1500hp? at lvl 18 & quite low general movement speed considering

New hero's R is really strong if it wasn't changed from beta. Build crit and you clear whole waves with one R, and its insane if you get the other team into a narrow space so a couple members get hit by ult at the same time.

Great changes love it all and the pace. I got a few suggestions

All those new items, what about blue gene?

Dustin drone bugs?

Can we get omnipresence to have another upgrade that mAkes it drop true sight wards?

And upgrade for xel curiass to work into?

Can sledge hammer become a part of Hyperion incinerater?

Bringe back sharpnal cloak? Torch? Manifest? Masumae? Bandit artifact?

HoTS hero creation contest picked two new heroes to be included like last year and they never got put in.

Fix stat bug? (If you don't know what this is, don't worry about it) I like a abusing it.

Thank you for your time reading my suggestions. Great work all, Ima go play some aeon now

erekul seems very op atm when combined with everthirst (...) and gets an 8% over 2 seconds heal (or 4% every second which is the equiv to 4x organics....) ontop of his Q spam

My first though was similar - omg, this is going to be OP on Maar. But after u realize that healing coming from this item looks only well on the paper. First of all it gave u 2% of missing health every half of the second in 2 second duration. So its max 80HP per 0.5 second for 4k HP hero. Besides it doesn't scale with itself. U may spam abilities, but never get more health than 2% every 0.5 second. Much better is Kassia Crystal.

HoTS hero creation contest picked two new heroes to be included like last year and they never got put in.

Talk being tossed around is the next hero will be a spell caster. Maybe they can take one of Quistmans designs into consideration.

I feel strength bruisers have a lack of good items...I don't know about you guys, but I build my Str bruisers to have a large health pool, resistance, and damage.

However, armor penetration items do not provide any sustainability like old contamination shard, and spell resistance items for strength bruisers have always been lacking (I don't really agree with galactic). I compensated with Korhal Vanguard which provided dual resistance, but the new curiass does not provide health.

What really bugs me is that Darwin's Might and Contamination shard were supposedly modified for Str bruisers, but they are just as good if not better on agility carries.

Darwin's life leech is pretty pathetic compared to Naix Claw anyway.

At least for me, it has gotten tough to find a good item set for Str bruisers. Either your tanky with pathetic damage, or melt to burst casters because you don't have the mobility of a agility carry.

Suggested fixes (all opinionated):

1. Lower contamination shard and Darwin's might weapon damage, and instead add Str stat (this way it benefits Str bruisers the best).

2. Make Miner's Goggles or Emerald Mox a component of Curiass item so it provides some health.

3. If the first suggestion is ignored, create a armor penetration item just for Str bruisers.

Having said that...the caster AA item seems extremely overpowered for sustain, the spell leech item will probably be deadly on Jakk, and Kassia Crystal is extremely good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Either I am crazy/an idiot and didn't see the item stats correctly, or something changed, but Darwin's DOES give Strength and Contamination Shard at least gives both Spell and Physical Armor (which is actually extremely overpowered imo for agility carries, but w/e).

Anyway, that mostly makes this post outdated/stupid so ignore it.

I still say OPReN's argument doesn't make sense though. Especially basing whether a hero is op or not on a single game, especially a drafted game, where a good draft can make 1 hero seem very op.

Edited by taznkid

I feel strength bruisers have a lack of good items...I don't know about you guys, but I build my Str bruisers to have a large health pool, resistance, and damage.

However, armor penetration items do not provide any sustainability like old contamination shard, and spell resistance items for strength bruisers have always been lacking (I don't really agree with galactic). I compensated with Korhal Vanguard which provided dual resistance, but the new curiass does not provide health.

What really bugs me is that Darwin's Might and Contamination shard were supposedly modified for Str bruisers, but they are just as good if not better on agility carries.

Darwin's life leech is pretty pathetic compared to Naix Claw anyway.

At least for me, it has gotten tough to find a good item set for Str bruisers. Either your tanky with pathetic damage, or melt to burst casters because you don't have the mobility of a agility carry.

Suggested fixes (all opinionated):

1. Lower contamination shard and Darwin's might weapon damage, and instead add Str stat (this way it benefits Str bruisers the best).

2. Make Miner's Goggles or Emerald Mox a component of Curiass item so it provides some health.

3. If the first suggestion is ignored, create a armor penetration item just for Str bruisers.

Having said that...the caster AA item seems extremely overpowered for sustain, the spell leech item will probably be deadly on Jakk, and Kassia Crystal is extremely good.

i remember this torny SkyNA vs FKEU, bruiser raped the game

so nope

was tourney played with new item changes? Nope. So does your argument make sense? Nope.

Are you talking about balance of new items when its been like 1 days after patch?

Are you talking about balance of new items when its been like 1 days after patch?

of course it's a good a time as any...how else are you gonna adapt to new meta if you don't talk about it and play with it? Besides, throughout my entire post I used conditional statements like "feel" and "opinion", implying that I know that I could just be spouting stupid things (which I did, since I checked the items again later and I was wrong about them).

of course it's a good a time as any...how else are you gonna adapt to new meta if you don't talk about it and play with it? Besides, throughout my entire post I used conditional statements like "feel" and "opinion", implying that I know that I could just be spouting stupid things (which I did, since I checked the items again later and I was wrong about them).

You gotta play with new items for a bit until you can start talking about what items are/aren't good IMO, otherwise you just end up being wrong 90% of the time. The exceptions being when you can tell that an item is OP right away, because of how OP it is. Such as HoM before its timescale was made unique.

You gotta play with new items for a bit until you can start talking about what items are/aren't good IMO, otherwise you just end up being wrong 90% of the time. The exceptions being when you can tell that an item is OP right away, because of how OP it is. Such as HoM before its timescale was made unique.

well I did admit to saying stupid stuff! Okay let's get off this topic now, I'm starting to feel bad :(

Let's talk about...new hero and how great it is that it is so adaptable (feels like it would be real strong in IH since it can play as basically any sort of DPS IMO...of course that's just looking at his skillset).

With so much more physical damage, barbed MAY actually be useful again.. I wish it still had it's active.

I'd hate to say it rory's rebounded needs to be re-evaluated because of the move speed items that make it negated. Maybe with ever level of q it also gains movement speed so it rebounds faster and makes it useable later game. Also Stevie is extremely weak late game IMO, since molly is easy to debuff. It should do % of heros health as true damage per second to it can melt tanks just the same as aa.

Edited by zazzn