Sign in to follow this  
Yaldi

What to watch after death note?

I recently bought a friend Deathnote for her birthday and we watched it together. We both really like it so my question is what next?

Preferrably dubbed in english but we would probably cope with subtitles

Thank you mr tits.

It doesnt have to be too similar the main reason we watched deathnote is that I have never heard anyone say they havent enjoyed it.

I remember one of my friends talking about an anime that involved giant drills that could drill through planets. That sounded hilarious

As long as its either really good or really bad (so we can laugh at it) I dont mind :p

I haven't watched Code Geass, but looks like anyone who liked Death Note liked Code Geass too.

If you're searching for something really bad to laugh at try SAO (season 1).

edit: Forgot to add Boku no Pico, you will love it Yaldi.

Edited by residente

I haven't watched Code Geass, but looks like anyone who liked Death Note liked Code Geass too.

If you're searching for something really bad to laugh at try SAO (season 1).

edit: Forgot to add Boku no Pico, you will love it Yaldi.

I see you just mention about it before me.

I would always say about Code Geass for people who like Death note and want, looking for something with simliar climate.

Personally I would love to see more anime like those two.

You could watch Monster (pretty adult topic, sometimes too long/can feel like too many episodes)

And obviously Hellsing Ultimate is cool.

Sword Art Online is definitely worth watching, but its completly diffrent type (I would say "no life" gender, at least is not super immature like some Anime's tend to be)

If You like, want super long series Anime (lenght of DBZ-like) propably best is Naruto/Shippuden (you can see characters evolving and everything. Together with with the target-consumer with time). Next is I would say Bleach, but its more fighting oriented title.

HF

Edited by SayMyName

Personally I enjoyed Pokémon a lot as a child, Yaldi, if you haven't watched that, I would recommend it. I remember being glued to my television screen every time it was on!

What is this pokemon you speak of?

Ash Ketchum, later joined by

Brock and Misty

, is out on travels with Ashs loyal companion Pikachu (who he has instead of standard Pokémon Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle) because of something that would be spoiling. He does acquire those three Pokémon in his travels though and particularly the Charmander is interesting, because after it evolves to Charizard it because somewhat unruly and makes for some exciting episodes.

In every episodes there is also Team Rocket, and organization headed up by Giovanni. Two chumps from said Team Rocket (Jesse and James) with pink and blue hair, led by the only talking Pokémon (aside from Mewtwo) in the series, Meow. Their objective is to kidnap Pikachu because they find it to be a rarity and exceptionally powerful. Time and time again their plans are foiled by Ash and his gang, each time with Team Rocket being fired into the sky and disappearing in a blink.

The show follows Ash as he attempts to beat all the Gym Leaders who, upon defeat, will award him with a Gym Badge, which he needs to enter the League of Champions (or whatever it is in English) to compete versus the very best.

Other characters include:

Dr. Oak, a father-figure and mentor to Ash.

Gary, the recurring "villain", aside from Team Rocket, is the nemesis and arch rival of Ash.

Jigglypuff.

That's just a quick summary from memory, hope it helps and is accurate. Haven't watched any Pokémon in around 10 years, but I'm sure its right up your alley.

I haven't read any of the suggestions above but here are mine:

Terror in Resonance

Monster

Ergo Proxy

Mirai Nikki (TV)

Psycho Pass

Stein's Gate

btw terror in resonance is zankyou no terror lol

I remember one of my friends talking about an anime that involved giant drills that could drill through planets. That sounded hilarious

That's Gurren Lagann. Pretty good.

Also Kill la Kill.