Sign in to follow this  
WhaleTits

Changelog v1.220 [Week 2]

15 sec cooldown for Vorpal orbs seems more reasonable in my opinion. I understand that with new mechanics cooldown has to increased, but 20 is little bit too much.

Speaking about Balrog ulti - I'm not sure yet, but probably there is different bug. I've noticed that sometimes, when I'm killing neutral with my ulti I get no stack. Since its physical ability Balrog do additional physical damage coming from his passive as well, which can be explanation of missing stack. Ulti itself wasn't enough to get a kill, passive physical part of damage get a kill and therefore it give u not stack. However it looks like your ulti killed a unit. Going to test this today. If that's true it should require some rework.

@ Luckiest,

Using Vorpal's javelins makes last hitting extremely easy, especially if you build him as a quasi-tanky bruiser (Galactic, Atom Smasher, CoA, Spell Buffer/Korhal, Phantom Menace, Stars Fury/Parallax/Nitrogen etc.....) Makes him plenty tanky enough with great dps potential. I think Vorpal is fine...

I thought u meant only by attacking last hits on creeps and not by using his abilities.

Vorpal also can be an excellent tank!

ty

Whale,

If my opinion can be useful or valid: reduce the vorpal's initial cd for spheres.

ty

Vorpal can do his combo with full spheres, right? If he is using skills greedily to farm he needs to personally make sure he is able to surge, should he fail.

I don't see why the cooldown should be increased. It requires nothing but lasthitting. I still remember when Vorpal had ZERO passive orb-regen and it was ALL based around lasthitting (Or was it that he regenned up to three passive, but in order to get the last 2, he had to get lasthits?) and the hero was as strong then as it is now, yeah? Besides the Sanctum Relic making him unkillable of course ;-)

What I'm trying to say is that I don't see any reason to decrease the cooldown. What reason are you giving? That he is hard to lasthit with? He isn't.

Edited by Soedenone

Laning isn't problem for him. But not every teamfight take place with creeps around. Long time ago he could orb-up through killing his own marines, now there is no such an option.

Well he still has enough to do his combo, right? And pop a javelin or two, if he's clever with his usage?

I don't see how any of that is a problem. Making a hero require more skill (In this case positioning particularly) shouldn't mean it should be compensated for by making it stronger (In this case lowering orb refresh cooldown).

There will always be heroes with varying skill requirements. As it stands, Vorpal is probably one of the best laners in the game, one of two (Vergil being the other) heroes you can put in the long lane and never expect to die along with having massive teamfight potential regardless of how he is built itemwise.

It's a good hero. Not picked often because other heroes are dumber and require less player input; which doesn't justify it being stronger. It is just a different hero.

Edited by Soedenone

I agree with what u saying. And I found hero balanced. However there are situations, like longer teamfight, when Vorpal eventually will loose all of his orbs without options to get them back. And then waiting 40 seconds to be able use Surge is very long. Team with Vorpal will feel it when team is behind, when u have to use your skillset more than once to do significant amount of damage. And to balance reduced orb cooldown maybe there is option to make next orb cooldown increased by 5 sec each time Vorpal kills an unit, so he wont have infinite amount of them in lane, but at least will help him fight longer in teamfights.

You bring up a fair point, I haven't seen Vorpal enough to have an opinion on his sustained damage in teamfights - but I honestly never thought of him being a sustained damage hero.

Perhaps it is a problem? Not from what I've seen; but that is, admittedly, not saying much.

I also think most teams who are "behind", as you describe it, will feel as though their INT-Bursters/AoE-Teamfight heroes aren't doing as much damage as they should. That is the nature of being behind, isn't it? ;-)

I agree with what u saying. And I found hero balanced. However there are situations, like longer teamfight, when Vorpal eventually will loose all of his orbs without options to get them back. And then waiting 40 seconds to be able use Surge is very long. Team with Vorpal will feel it when team is behind, when u have to use your skillset more than once to do significant amount of damage. And to balance reduced orb cooldown maybe there is option to make next orb cooldown increased by 5 sec each time Vorpal kills an unit, so he wont have infinite amount of them in lane, but at least will help him fight longer in teamfights.

ty for explaining it. This is fine, just required some understading.