Sign in to follow this  
WhaleTits

Changelog v1.220 [Week 2]

why does ss have crits on his rockets? hes insanely deadly now with crits.

because the way ecko did crit... lol

will be fixed with the next major patch, along with a lot of game system overhauls

It was 2u before. now its 4u. its not so much a nerf as specialization. Now cow is almost exclusively only good if he can hit 3+ heroes with his abilities.

Just played cow in a couple pubs.. and would have to agree that he felt extremely weak. If he's only considered good if he can hit 3+ heroes... well even in a bunched up 5v5 teamfight I still think that's incredibly hard to do reliably and makes him pretty weak outside of large scale teamfights. Just comparing a level 7 vergil vs a level 7 cow for example, Vergil's full combo would be 3 Q's (180+30% int x 3) + ult (150 +30%int x 3 if 3 cuts hit) for a total of 990 + 180% int. (Maybe more like 4 Q's since the 4th is off cooldown by the time you do 3 Q's + Ult.) Cow's combo assuming maxed Q would be lvl 4 Q (250 + 50% int) + lvl 1 W (40+30%int) + R (250+40%int ) for a total of 540+120% int. Not sure exactly how echo matrix works.. if you hit 2 heroes together they take an additional triple 7/10/13/16 + 5% int damage? Even that though would only add up to 63+15% int or 63+45% int (7xtriple damagex3 abilities Q,R,W) at level 7 with just 1 point in E, so something like 603+135-165% int still far short of Vergil's combo. The capacitive clip from cow doesn't really add that much damage since he's a Str hero that's always built int, and it scales off weapon damage. It's good harass in lane, but in teamfights it doesn't seem to add that much. You can argue the usefulness of the rest of their kits, but I still think cow's damage feels so low now at least from the 2 games I tried him. I was even/slightly ahead on items, and couldn't even burst tanks to less than half health with echo matrix bounces, and could only kill squishies with yamato + sunflare gun + full combo. Just feels like other aoe casters are stronger / better at the job of wave clearing and aoe teamfight damage and have a bit more utility.

For the record, I do think old cow was overpowered and definitely think some nerfs were needed but feels too weak now from my couple games.

Edited by Speeeeeedooooooooooooo

Was ling's ult ninja-nerfed? Or was it 20/30/40% before? I thought it was higher. a_A

because the way ecko did crit... lol

will be fixed with the next major patch, along with a lot of game system overhauls

Oh, so if u are going to look into crit mechanics, consider changing crits into physical damage (instead true damage after mitigation). Leech would be stronger this way and would scale better with damage amplification. As far as I remember crits doing true damage to prevent bug, when crit portion of damage was critting futher, potentially creating endless loop of crits.

Speaking about Cow - haven't tried to play him after changes, but would like to point out that hero shouldn't be picked only because of damage he can deal, but also utility he can provide. And problem with Cow is that he has rly weak utility. Wall usually doesn't change outcome of teamfights and is very situational, ultimate gives potential to kill running low health enemy which is far away. Both are very unreliable. Give Cow better utility, so he wont have to do OP damage to be considered as good pick. For example wall/ulti can additionally slow/stun enemies. Or this effect occurs when ability is double charged (V-wall isn't very useful). There are many option to make Cow fun to play, useful in teamfights and sth more than AoE spell damage...

i think that if cow is ok, maybe his ulti may need a slight reduction of cd (now that the two clips dont reduce the cd) or a faster toilet travelling speed to be able to toilet enemies from a distance.

This is true. His R seems now problem and cannot stack/eat creeps as the Dmg says 300/450/600 + 150% int although the life of creeps is around 300. This caused to use R on creeps hardly in a right timing. Please fix this!

Also I don't know or maybe miss that when/does his R (level 3) get changed to 600+150%int instead of 700+150%int?

I have already tested new path and am satisfied !! But only Vorpal is bad!

Whale, I have already written about Balrog, he cannot eat Creeps, although 300/350 life points Creeps and ! Bloodbath (R- 300 / 450 / 700 ( 150% INT)!

Please, next path for Balrog-Bloodbath (R-LVL)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my suggestion is that Warp Shard cost from 4000 to 3500 reduced?

WarpShard.png

Lion Bane: 3450 to 3150 reduced?

Lion%27s_Bane.png

Edited by Henz

R Damage 400/600/800 + 100% Int -> 400/600/800 + 40% Int.

Wtf... no seriously... wtf?

Did you even read the rest of the paragraph? FailFish

Wtf... No seriously... read the whole thing... wtf?

Whale,

• can you explain one thing about vorpal, when vorpal uses spheres is there a cooldown per sphere or if you use (lets say surge, 2 spheres = 20 sec per sphere) does he need 40 seconds?

example:

vorpal uses one lance then needs 20 sec to get the cooldown. (1 sphere)

vorpal uses surge then needs 20 sec to get cooldown or 40 seconds (2 spheres,20 sec per sphere added up)

40 seconds seems a lot to recover 2 spheres if you have a total of 7 if you havent used any in the last 140 seconds! ( 2min and 20 seconds!)

everything else seems ok to me about vorpal. Yes i do know that vorpals cd can be reduced with cd items.

• HoM seems OP on agi heroes its basically a 2 or 3 item on any if not 1st, and is crucial in late game as they dont have to wait over a minute to resprawn.

ty

Whale,

• can you explain one thing about vorpal, when vorpal uses spheres is there a cooldown per sphere or if you use (lets say surge, 2 spheres = 20 sec per sphere) does he need 40 seconds?

example:

vorpal uses one lance then needs 20 sec to get the cooldown. (1 sphere)

vorpal uses surge then needs 20 sec to get cooldown or 40 seconds (2 spheres,20 sec per sphere added up)

40 seconds seems a lot to recover 2 spheres if you have a total of 7 if you havent used any in the last 140 seconds! ( 2min and 20 seconds!)

everything else seems ok to me about vorpal. Yes i do know that vorpals cd can be reduced with cd items.

• HoM seems OP on agi heroes its basically a 2 or 3 item on any if not 1st, and is crucial in late game as they dont have to wait over a minute to resprawn.

ty

Vorpal's orb regeneration is a passive ability that auto-casts. Every 20 seconds (reducable by CDR), it will generate an orb. This has no direct connection to orb use. Vorpal can also get orbs back by last hitting creeps.

HoM is a silly item and will probably be replaced by something more along the lines of Guardian Angel from LoL.

Whale,

I like the way Vorpal was rescheduled but would you consider reducing the CD of Vorpal to use his abilities? last hitting creeps is not one of vorpals finest abilities and as vorpal does not attack hereos with aa very much either (but could work better) would you consider changing one for the other?

I dont play LoL, but dont worry, I dont need an explanation of what it is, I will wait to see it when you update it.

ty

Vorpal has a very easy time last hitting with Javelins in laning. There are currently two ways I've seen him built successfully: Mid Game Javelin focused w/ Atom Smasher, or Late Game Int with Yamato/Argus/Grav. Regardless, positioning and choosing when and where to fight to ensure you won't run out of orbs is kind of a key part of the hero that I think adds unique and strategic depth to his kit.