WhaleTits

Beta Changelogs

What is it atm? 200+30% ?

210, but close enough.

@Anarchy It might have more synergy, but true damage deals more damage vs targets with a buffer and khorhal buff and any other spell resist. Maybe with 60% scaling and the grav and Yama uniques it would be just as strong/stronger though. And if spell pen introduced along with those, I guess it would be fine. It would just nerf his early game a little bit.

return vorpal to the way he was, this 7 orb thing + gain orb upon last hit is quite OP

situation:

vorpal r+q to enemy and enemy creeps, he instantly re gains all 7 orbs from all the creep kills (which are almost instant) . enabling him to spam all 4 javelins after his combo. 4 because the 4th javelin would have come out of cooldown after dumping the first 3.

before if vorpal has all 5 orbs, he shoots his combo and hes left with 2 orbs. able to spam javelin only 3x at most.

the issue here is vorpal CAN regain all orbs due to his AOE. kinda OP if you ask me.

HOWEVER

this is also a NERF to him early game, unable to spam his surge seeing that it costs 2 orbs now.

the javelins being physical is a buff. procing all on hit effects. but actually works well on him.

our testing has shown quite the opposite. Early game, javelins allow him to farm fairly easily, and assuming hes last hitting with them, maintain full orbs.

in team fights, if he is built AA, he will probably just be poking with E and only using surge to escape if he is caught. So long as he is just poking with e, he doesn't usually have orb problems except in a very prolonged fight where there are no creep nearby to kill (so you need to position your team fights with vorpal)

in team fights, if he is built Int, he doesn't really care about his javelins anyways, and just dumps his QR combo for max burst. If there are no creeps, he will quickly run out of orbs from his second surge (unless for some strange reason he decides to waste them on javelins). If there are creep nearby, the collateral from his combo usually will give him enough orbs for a few more Q's or some Javelins in as well (again, you need to position your team fights better)

I got arcbound ravager on starscream

my q's got so much crits and instnatly giving me 60 weapon attack

i bought executionar's ax, making my crits 30% stronger

it was basically gravity edge for 1600 minerals

i instantly cleared creep waves and camps

my q in flight mode insta killed squishies

unlimited power

Edited by Head

210, but close enough.

@Anarchy It might have more synergy, but true damage deals more damage vs targets with a buffer and khorhal buff and any other spell resist. Maybe with 60% scaling and the grav and Yama uniques it would be just as strong/stronger though. And if spell pen introduced along with those, I guess it would be fine. It would just nerf his early game a little bit.

210+30%int

negating the variable of int true dmg vs spell;

true = 210 dmg

spell = 210*1.08(cunning)*1.25(yamato) + true dmg +15%(grav)

=283.5 spell dmg & 42.525 true dmg

resist;

15% = 240.975 + true dmg = 283.5

30% = 198.45 + true dmg = 240.975

40% = 170.1 + true dmg = 212.625

45% = 155.925 + true dmg = 198.45

so enemy hero has to achieve more than 40% spell res for dustin to deal less dmg if we changed his Q to spell dmg

(and i haven't even counted in the fact that his E reduces their spell res by like 3-5% per second up to 15-25% or a raynor mark, rory passive etc)

Edited by ANARCHY

210+30%int

negating the variable of int true dmg vs spell;

true = 210 dmg

spell = 210*1.08(cunning)*1.25(yamato) + true dmg +15%(grav)

=283.5 spell dmg & 42.525 true dmg

resist;

15% = 240.975 + true dmg = 283.5

30% = 198.45 + true dmg = 240.975

40% = 170.1 + true dmg = 212.625

45% = 155.925 + true dmg = 198.45

so enemy hero has to achieve more than 40% spell res for dustin to deal less dmg if we changed his Q to spell dmg

(and i haven't even counted in the fact that his E reduces their spell res by like 3-5% per second up to 15-25% or a raynor mark, rory passive etc)

Most heroes will have around 40#?% by the time you have grav edge and yamato though.

Keep it in mind that all changes to the damage are all carefully calculated. The current developers do not just say "Hey let's buff this guy with 10% more thing and 5% more that!"

Take the recent jungle for example, do you know Whale took the time to personally play each jungler and record how long it take up to seconds for each hero to clear as much camps as possible?

I regularly see people log on the forums to just post clueless complains without even going into test mode to try things out.

Take the recent jungle for example, do you know Whale took the time to personally play each jungler and record how long it take up to seconds for each hero to clear as much camps as possible?

that dedication op

Before anything is done for dustin, fix all of the bugs associated with him to see how he plays. I have lost lanes as him just because my drone glitches out, so if he gets some combination of bug fixes/buffs, it may push him over the edge.

Man thats so much nerf to cypres..Only think he was good early game is that high dmg now he will be completly useless. Hero is anyway considered underpowered, u should rly buff his q+w combo cuz it deals almost no dmg

Indeed the cyprus nerf was not really nedeed. He was ok'ish before the patch, having high wp dmg so he could sort of dominate his lane and snowball but now at early lvl's he will be crushed by mosts mids.

its less of a nerf and more of an ocd thing about inconsistency. Why would cyprus have 45 base weapon damage when other ranged heroes are in the 20s?

I'll also take the time to adjust his abilities a little more towards managing his pillars.

give it a swing, this is beta.

Interesting change to cypres raises skill cap a little but I think u need to make q+w deal little more dmg. Dont forget red changed so ur w pushes pillars more thinking its a buff.

But its acctualy a nerf since pillars will spread more and deal less dmg, hope u understand.

Also I think thers bug that when u use w u push away rune creep.

Ps: buff dustin already nub

Edited by ZERATUL

Interesting change to cypres raises skill cap a little but I think u need to make q+w deal little more dmg. Dont forget red changed so ur w pushes pillars more thinking its a buff.

But its acctualy a nerf since pillars will spread more and deal less dmg, hope u understand.

Also I think thers bug that when u use w u push away rune creep.

Ps: buff dustin already nub

I'm keeping the pillars pushing further because it forces the player to choose between higher single target burst (E Q R W) or higher aoe burst (E Q W R)

i think the cyp patch is okay

before all you need to do to kill squishs were

yamato ult sunflare. even no need to use your q or w.

this will hopefully make cyp users more combo reliany instead of ult to win

I think cyprus w only deals damage from 1 pillar. Even when you throw 2+ pillars that hit a single target it still only deals the damage of 1. But the Ult deals damage for each pillar that hits. I could be wrong but I think this is the case. Making it so W damage considers multiple pillars will be a nice buff and make the hero more consistent.

I dont think it needs a buff if:

can we eliminate the seconds pillar need raise so that people can surge them and push them instantly, also eliminate the 0,5 seconds it needs to use his ulti or at least reduce it?

how viable would cyprus be this way?

Levi- good change

Tea- not rly sure about this, why u decided to do this?

Crit change should be good. Laterin game I always feel R deals no dmg compared to AA

Shadow- interesting change will CDR or timescale effect stepping strikes?

Focus Whale focus!

Where is the cloak rework?

Lol I had to re do something like twenty abilities among other things so that the armor penetration system could work.