RedHydra

Changelog v1.192 - 1.193

Ihers don't play 3g because the game is 90% over from the comp. Would you like to play a game that you know you are going to lose? In draft you put your strat against their strat and see which one works/is executed better.

That is kindof funny because that's the way I feel about draft.

As far as bm Phoenix... People are being rude to you because you were the one that started with it (in this thread at least). Even if you weren't, you have to realize that you're opinion is in the extreme minority here and you need to act accordingly. You can't go into a social group, take an opposite viewpoint that the group holds, then insult people when they disagree with you. Whether you're right or wrong, it just doesn't work. You're going to get singled out evry time if you act like that.

I took that stance cuz frankly I'm tired of seeing the constant suggestions from peeps, my own included(ones that are actually thought out), and elitist pricks just babbling off that w/e anyone says that doesn't play IH is constantly just flamed and bmed and no-one seems to give a flob about that. On the other hand the actual shapty suggestions from actual newbs just crying about how they dont like dealing with certain chars all the time because they can't adapt, gets listened to because enough peeps cried about not wanting to learn how to deal with it.

I may be in the minority now, because alot of peeps have left from the pub seen that were actually good, but it wasn't always like this, and I think frankly they got sick of the stupid changes.

Like the GP10 shap:

Some Guy: Hey everyones using these items

Dev1: shap, what items?

Some Guy: The ones that give income.

Dev2: Hey we can't have that, we can't be making useful items that everyone likes & uses, thats IMBA.

Logic Guy: Wait if everyone uses them and everyone has access to them, then how is that IMBA?

Dev1: Just trust us, it is, we know what we're doing.

Dev2: I got the nerf gun, let's go.

Logic Guy: WTF?

---------------------------

New Patch Notes:

Nerf to item(s) that everyone likes and uses.

Blah

Blah

Blah

--------------------------

Devs: GJ Team.

Logic Guy: Seriously?

You are not hearing our arguments at all phoenix. We are not saying that the best pub players aren't very skilled, what we are saying is that they play in an environment (public games) that is very specific because it is extremely rare for player skill to be homogenous (is that the word in English ?) which changes the game quite a lot because you can prey on the bad players in the enemy team, because you can get away with mistakes you wouldn't get away with against a coordinated team, because hero picks don't matter when you can outskill your opponents this much.

However, when you play in an environment when skill differences are low, a lot of what even the best pub players know isn't valid anymore. For example when they talk about balance pub players very often overvalue heroes who can get solo kills and undervalue heroes who can't, because they can't rely on their team in most games.

Finally your poker analogy is terrible, because you are not only dealt one hand when you play poker, whereas in aos when you have a terrible comp you're stuck with it until you lose. (for your information I played poker professionally for years at a very high level, and your analogy sucks, in poker the best player wins in the long run but when he is dealt shapty cards he mostly loses money, maybe less than a lesser player but he still loses).

Yes, if you get a run of crappy cards, it can bring you down(when you have other good players around). There is nothing wrong with my analogy at all, because analogies do not have to be exact and literal, if they did then there would be no point in them at all. I used that analogy because a good player can with with bad cards, just like a good player can with a bad hero for a certain game. You also have an item pool that allows you the chance to adapt. That Item pool allows you to change your circumstances(which is more like draw poker), and I see each battle in the game as a set of hands that get played vs one another. If you can beat your opponent and not his hand enough times, then the cards don't matter. If you still don't get the analogy I was making, or you do and just want to pick it apart and stretch it into a literal sens, then so be it. There is rarely such a thing as a "bad analogy", only a bad understanding of the analogy.

tldr : the reason why you think you are repeating yourself is because you are not reading what we are saying and you keep spewing irrelevant 1000 word essays about your pub experience which has nothing to do with competitive gaming because it's 98% stomping noobs

I'm hearing you perfectly fine. This shap right here is the exact reason this all started. "What I have to say doesn't matter, because Im not an elite IHer like you."

Edited by PhoenixRajoNight

But ONCE AGAIN you are assuming with that analogy and every single of your posts that you are a much more skilled player than your opponent, which is only a result of you playing against low skilled players in public games, which is what everyone has told you in this thread. The only reason why you enjoy playing at a disdvantage is that you are playing against bad players who are unable to capitalize on it. It's not interesting or competitive, you can call it challenging (as much as stomping noobs can be challenging), and it's certainly not a good competitive mode.

Can you imagine playing tennis in a game where one player has his part of the field 4 feet larger and longer ? And whoever gets that side is decided by a cointoss ? That's just super dumb. You have a bad side (hero/cards), but you are a good player so maybe you can overcome the difficulty ? Nope, no one makes that argument because that's flobing dumb. A

Finally your poker analogy is terrible because it's a game of incomplete information and aos isn't. The whole reason why randomness is a good thing in poker is because you don't know what cards your opponent has, whereas in aos you do.

That is kindof funny because that's the way I feel about draft.

But in this case you got outdrafted, in other words outplated, so the game was decided by skill and not by chance which is the whole point everyone has been making in the thread for 6 pages but apparently this concept is too advanced for you.

edit : anyway I'm done discussing this since this isn't going anywhere

Edited by chob

But ONCE AGAIN you are assuming with that analogy and every single of your posts that you are a much more skilled player than your opponent, which is only a result of you playing against low skilled players in public games, which is what everyone has told you in this thread. The only reason why you enjoy playing at a disdvantage is that you are playing against bad players who are unable to capitalize on it. It's not interesting or competitive, you can call it challenging (as much as stomping noobs can be challenging), and it's certainly not a good competitive mode.

Can you imagine playing tennis in a game where one player has his part of the field 4 feet larger and longer ? And whoever gets that side is decided by a cointoss ? That's just super dumb. You have a bad side (hero/cards), but you are a good player so maybe you can overcome the difficulty ? Nope, no one makes that argument because that's flobing dumb. A

Finally your poker analogy is terrible because it's a game of incomplete information and aos isn't. The whole reason why randomness is a good thing in poker is because you don't know what cards your opponent has, whereas in aos you do.

Because I've stated multiple times Im comparing 3g IH to draft IH and YOU STILL DONT flobING LISTEN. Insisting that I've only every played pub and that all I say is based on that.

But in this case you got outdrafted, in other words outplated, so the game was decided by skill and not by chance which is the whole point everyone has been making in the thread for 6 pages but apparently this concept is too advanced for you.

edit : anyway I'm done discussing this since this isn't going anywhere

Picking hero comp IS NOT OUTPLAYING someone else. I'm going to go with another analogy here so bear with me. If you went into a war knowing all the aspects of the enemy and killed all of them in one incursion, it's not called a battle, it's called a massacre.

You are not describing outplaying anyone, as picking heroes is not playing the game, it's planning and strategy. Outplaying someone is to outperform them, and if the game is ez street after picking the heroes that guarantee a win, that has nothing to do with performance. You could play/perform badly and still come out on top. The only skill you've used is planning, not actual ability skill.

Great analogy again, because at war both armies have the exact same equipment and manpower.

Outpicking is outplaying and that's a fact. Maybe you don't like this part of the game but that's not our problem that's yours.

Great analogy again, because at war both armies have the exact same equipment and manpower.

Outpicking is outplaying and that's a fact. Maybe you don't like this part of the game but that's not our problem that's yours.

No it isn't, as I have clearly stated "PLAY" has to do with ones PERFORMANCE, not planning. Performing is to carry out ones plans, jesus flobing christ pick up a dictionary.

The pick stage is the first stage of the game, once you are in the pick stage you are already playing. We could argue on semantics for another 10 pages but I think we found the problem here. You just don't like drafting/picking in general and think it's inferior to playing. That's your right but most here disagree with you and think the picking stage is an important and interesting part of the game, which is why we prefer draft, and which is why you prefer free pick.

Piss poor planning provides piss poor performance. You get that? The path to victory starts with planning.

Since you want to use war as an analogy you should know intense planning goes into combat.

Veteran <---

Edited by SmittyGFunk

No it isn't, as I have clearly stated "PLAY" has to do with ones PERFORMANCE, not planning. Performing is to carry out ones plans, jesus flobing christ pick up a dictionary.

Phoenix you could avoid a lot of the hostility that other people are sensing from you if you ceased using a lot of aggressive comments. In other words every post you make you have the point you're making but it's always laced with some sort of insult. I prefer free pick as well but only because it's faster. I can't devote hours to gaming anymore so I like to get quick games in. Drafting is clearly the more advanced and I would say crucial part of a teams strategy for the game ahead. Any game, sport, or activity has PLANNING before PLAYING. Athletes extensively study the other team before they play. Poker players study their opponents tendencies and betting patterns. Planning is fundamental to any sort of success in life.

Now for the good part in all these posts is that it's clear you are passionate about this game which is good. If you weren't you would have just moved on and ceased playing the game which is bad. Now let's try to get this thread back on track and start discussing the changes from the past few updates. Offer you're criticism but also offer solutions to get the creative juices flowing.

Piss poor planning provides piss poor performance. You get that? The path to victory starts with planning.

Since you want to use war as an analogy you should know intense planning goes into combat.

Veteran <---

And the inability to think on your feet gets you killed.

Phoenix you could avoid a lot of the hostility that other people are sensing from you if you ceased using a lot of aggressive comments. In other words every post you make you have the point you're making but it's always laced with some sort of insult. I prefer free pick as well but only because it's faster. I can't devote hours to gaming anymore so I like to get quick games in. Drafting is clearly the more advanced and I would say crucial part of a teams strategy for the game ahead. Any game, sport, or activity has PLANNING before PLAYING. Athletes extensively study the other team before they play. Poker players study their opponents tendencies and betting patterns. Planning is fundamental to any sort of success in life.

Now for the good part in all these posts is that it's clear you are passionate about this game which is good. If you weren't you would have just moved on and ceased playing the game which is bad. Now let's try to get this thread back on track and start discussing the changes from the past few updates. Offer you're criticism but also offer solutions to get the creative juices flowing.

Originally, that is what I was trying to do. I pulled out a comment by someone that was being a jackass, towards someone talking about changes being uneeded(because I agree with that persons comment, and was sick of the jackass elitists just calling everyone who has a different opinion bad), and here we are now.

There is also a difference in planning ahead and changing the rules of the game to give you advantage. Seriously tho, I was just gonna let it go after chobs last comment, but that wasn't the end of it it for everyone else apparently. Chob's last comment was a good post to just end it, so how bout we just leave it at that?

isn't this the 3rd or 4th change log topic that has been derailed by phoenix. And his ridiculous claims that Draft is for noob White Supremacist Slavers. And that Free Pick is for the bosses of any moba?

And in every single topic it has been phoenix vs 3/5 other people?

So, how about we let lOvOl junior over here be. Because its pretty obvious you cant change this guys opinions.

isn't this the 3rd or 4th change log topic that has been derailed by phoenix. And his ridiculous claims that Draft is for noob White Supremacist Slavers. And that Free Pick is for the bosses of any moba?

And in every single topic it has been phoenix vs 3/5 other people?

So, how about we let lOvOl junior over here be. Because its pretty obvious you cant change this guys opinions.

And the journey down troll road continues.

I also wouldn't doubt that its turned into this convo 4 times before, but it turns into such every other time because of someone else implying that they're leet and that no-one elses opinion matters because only IHer opinion matters. This time it turned to this because of my preemptive comment to not just be flobtards again with turning it into this convo, but here we are. So before you go on about me derailing shap, maybe you should take a look first at who actually turns all these convos into a discussion about this shap, over and over. I just decided to actually fight back on it this time.