RedHydra

Changelog v1.192 - 1.193

I give you the following.

[Questioner: Do you believe there are other Intelligent lifeforms in the universe?

Person 1: Yes, because just by sheer statistical probability, from the amount of Galaxies, Stars and Planets there is almost assuredly other intelligent life forms in our universe.(This is me, with a statement and a reason behind it.)

Person 2: No.

Questioner: Why?

Person 2: There's no such things as aliens & just cuz.(This is you and many others, with a statement and repeating that statement over and over in different ways, but with no addition of reasoning as to why.)]

^^

Are you serious? What the fap. Stay off this forum.

Why would that be? Because I can give a clear example that is similar as to how the argument here comes across, to point out that it is no way to have a rational discussion?

Edited by PhoenixRajoNight

We obviously aren't getting anywhere Phoenix, I'm not going to continue this argument as I think it will just lead to flaming...

I agree with you to an extent, because the only real defense to your position, has been trying to argue semantics and taking things out of context, at this point.

I have made a few errors in some of what I said and I admitted to that, but I have refuted your defense to my argument(and I have done so pretty well imho).

I give you points on some of your points that you have made and pretty much being the only one here trying to have a rational claim to debate, until the spiral down into taking what I'm saying out of context the last few replies(whether it's intentional or not). Meanwhile everyone else has just tried to insult me, and just sit there and/or say "you're wrong" w/o any sort of support behind their claim.

I agree with you to an extent, because the only real defense to your position, has been trying to argue semantics and taking things out of context, at this point.

I have made a few errors in some of what I said and I admitted to that, but I have refuted your defense to my argument(and I have done so pretty well imho).

I give you points on some of your points that you have made and pretty much being the only one here trying to have a rational claim to debate, until the spiral down into taking what I'm saying out of context the last few replies(whether it's intentional or not). Meanwhile everyone else has just tried to insult me, and just sit there and/or say "you're wrong" w/o any sort of support behind their claim.

Hi there,

So I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and read through this entire thread for two reasons:

1. You're sort of like an angrier, less articulate SayMyName and that amuses me.

2. You come from a smaller group that gained most of their game knowledge from pubs and became fairly competent players anyway. I too followed the same path, so I'm slightly empathetic to your cause

Let's pretend none of the bullshap from the previous couple pages happened and start fresh here.

The first thing you need to understand and accept is that gaming has changed. Yes, I too grew up with the Internet as my place, my hangout. After running around outside for awhile, literally every summer evening was spent behind my computer screen. Adults had no idea what the flob I was so enthralled with and didn't really seem to care.

Gaming was much harder than it is now. No guides, no video walkthroughs and forums were cesspools of misinformation and weird graphic signatures. It's probably a little sad to think about, but those times are over man. I used to spend hours tweaking my machine to get 100 fps in Counter-Strike 1.6, but now any machine I purchase from a major retailer can run the majority of modern games.

That barrier you're so very fond of: it's gone and is never coming back. I was fond of it too, but time goes on.

Now, with regard to AoS, gaming becoming more casual-friendly has absolutely nothing to do with the development of AoS. Read that over a few times, because it's coming from someone who considers themselves a "gamer" and grew up engrossed in the culture to the point where I was seriously considering pursuing a professional gaming career in lieu of my Bachelor's degree (thankfully I didn't make that mistake).

This is not a casual-friendly game. Moba games are not casual-friendly, despite LoL's best efforts to do so. Moba games are the closest thing I can equate to CS 1.6 when it comes to the learning curve. There are very few other games that punish you so drastically for being new. That said, I love the feeling you get when you overcome that curve and start winning all the time. You don't get that sense of accomplishment from easy games.

Lastly, I just want to talk to you about drafting. Years ago, I thought drafting was so goddamn stupid. I didn't IH for quite some time because everyone would just ban Grunty and I would have zero interest in playing. So I formed a smaller gaming community, we played without picks/bans and ended up having a great time together.

I think by not playing competitive IH games, you are preventing yourself from learning about what the game looks like when played at its highest level. This is the best way I can describe it to you, coming from someone who has been in your shoes. You miss out on the push strategies, the counter-picks, the planning of lane combos, the early aggression strategies and just about every meta concept that has been introduced in competitive games since inception.

When skilled IH players make balance comments, they are operating on several important assumptions:

• The player using the OP hero/item/whatever is skilled and competent
  • The player's team is skilled and competent
  • The player's opposition is skilled and competent

These guys aren't talking just to hear themselves speak. They are trying to make good points based on their experiences. You can't just write them off because they are discounting the opinion of someone who doesn't have as much experience.

Anyway, maybe I wrote this because I saw a little of myself in your posts. Take from it what you will and try to understand that these guys aren't out to get you, they're just frustrated that you don't see their side of the argument.

Where is the logic in your constant pissing and moaning? This baby crap is tired and your constant tldr posts are overly repetitive, aguementative, and derailing. It is time for you to move on.

Hi there,

So I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and read through this entire thread for two reasons:

1. You're sort of like an angrier, less articulate SayMyName and that amuses me.

2. You come from a smaller group that gained most of their game knowledge from pubs and became fairly competent players anyway. I too followed the same path, so I'm slightly empathetic to your cause

Let's pretend none of the bullshap from the previous couple pages happened and start fresh here.

The first thing you need to understand and accept is that gaming has changed. Yes, I too grew up with the Internet as my place, my hangout. After running around outside for awhile, literally every summer evening was spent behind my computer screen. Adults had no idea what the flob I was so enthralled with and didn't really seem to care.

Gaming was much harder than it is now. No guides, no video walkthroughs and forums were cesspools of misinformation and weird graphic signatures. It's probably a little sad to think about, but those times are over man. I used to spend hours tweaking my machine to get 100 fps in Counter-Strike 1.6, but now any machine I purchase from a major retailer can run the majority of modern games.

That barrier you're so very fond of: it's gone and is never coming back. I was fond of it too, but time goes on.

Now, with regard to AoS, gaming becoming more casual-friendly has absolutely nothing to do with the development of AoS. Read that over a few times, because it's coming from someone who considers themselves a "gamer" and grew up engrossed in the culture to the point where I was seriously considering pursuing a professional gaming career in lieu of my Bachelor's degree (thankfully I didn't make that mistake).

This is not a casual-friendly game. Moba games are not casual-friendly, despite LoL's best efforts to do so. Moba games are the closest thing I can equate to CS 1.6 when it comes to the learning curve. There are very few other games that punish you so drastically for being new. That said, I love the feeling you get when you overcome that curve and start winning all the time. You don't get that sense of accomplishment from easy games.

Lastly, I just want to talk to you about drafting. Years ago, I thought drafting was so goddamn stupid. I didn't IH for quite some time because everyone would just ban Grunty and I would have zero interest in playing. So I formed a smaller gaming community, we played without picks/bans and ended up having a great time together.

I think by not playing competitive IH games, you are preventing yourself from learning about what the game looks like when played at its highest level. This is the best way I can describe it to you, coming from someone who has been in your shoes. You miss out on the push strategies, the counter-picks, the planning of lane combos, the early aggression strategies and just about every meta concept that has been introduced in competitive games since inception.

When skilled IH players make balance comments, they are operating on several important assumptions:

• The player using the OP hero/item/whatever is skilled and competent
  • The player's team is skilled and competent
  • The player's opposition is skilled and competent

These guys aren't talking just to hear themselves speak. They are trying to make good points based on their experiences. You can't just write them off because they are discounting the opinion of someone who doesn't have as much experience.

Anyway, maybe I wrote this because I saw a little of myself in your posts. Take from it what you will and try to understand that these guys aren't out to get you, they're just frustrated that you don't see their side of the argument.

I used to play IH all the time actually, when it was 3g, and I played it from back when it was 16 heroes and called SotIS. Basing game changes on just IH is just as bad as doing so because of just pub. They shouldve split the game a long time ago if they wished to do that, because yes pubs don't play like IH, and you can stand behind IH being more advanced, but I'll never share that belief. ARAM is considered to be a harder form of playing, and ARAM would be closer to pub than ih, because of the randomness of pubs.

Where is the logic in your constant pissing and moaning? This baby crap is tired and your constant tldr posts are overly repetitive, aguementative, and derailing. It is time for you to move on.

Lol, all you ever do is insult and never add anything at all to the convo. You just cry about other people posting. I'm sorry, but if you didn't want to read maybe you shouldn't be on a flobing forum, you idiot. Of course the postas are argumentative, the whole point of the posts back and forth is to have an argument(discussion) about the game changes.

Hi there,

Can I ask why You are comparing me with the guy?

You are just saying the same thing over and over, thats not a discussion thats you saying the same thing and not listening. I have been more bm for the past couple weeks admittedly and whiney bois like you bring out the worst bm in me. You may not call boros op, but you still made the same complaints repetitively in the same thread, and just like merinor you dont flobbing listen to anyone but yourself. Marty was far more polite than anyone else has been and you still do not listen. I may hold some ignorance on the inner workings of your brain, but every competent and logical counter to your posts you just ignore like a cranky toddler, and since you are not likely a toddler, you are just being stupid for he sake of arguement.

I used to play IH all the time actually, when it was 3g, and I played it from back when it was 16 heroes and called SotIS. Basing game changes on just IH is just as bad as doing so because of just pub. They shouldve split the game a long time ago if they wished to do that, because yes pubs don't play like IH, and you can stand behind IH being more advanced, but I'll never share that belief. ARAM is considered to be a harder form of playing, and ARAM would be closer to pub than ih, because of the randomness of pubs.

Man, swing and a miss. But, I'll bite:

You've played the game for a long time and have played it competitively. Tell me then, how do you not understand why a structured, higher-stakes environment is more complex than the anarchy of public games?

Let me try again. Do you like sports? Hopefully you do, because they make wonderful analogies.

In professional hockey, the passing is fluid and accurate, the pace is quick, the shots are absurdly fast, and the goalies are even faster. What I just described is the overall expectation of a professional hockey game. The cool little dekes, fancy skating and ridiculous goals are just the icing on the cake.

Amateurs miss passes. Amateurs shoot high and wide. Amateurs sacrifice their positioning for a bodycheck. Amateur games in general are giant clusterflobs where the most basic, fundamental tasks are screwed up over and over again. Because of this, the players are almost playing an entirely different game.

You see what I'm getting at here? In pubs, I'm playing under the assumption that my teammates aren't last hitting well or denying. I assume they aren't spending every waking second trying to get mins and XP. I assume no one is keeping track of the Aeon timer. I assume all of these things because the game I'm playing isn't as competitive as it could be.

Edited by martY

Can I ask why You are comparing me with the guy?

Mostly for the long-windedness and that you hold your opinions/beliefs dear.

As I said though, you are far more articulate. It was mostly meant to lighten the mood a little :)

Are you from EU or NA ? What was your nickname at the time ?

If you had actually played inhouse a lot at that time there is no way you could say ih isn't more advanced than pubs. Because at that time I could pick any hero and carry the game myself regardless of who was in my team provided there was no ih player in the enemy team, so pubs were a waste of time because most players were so bad. How is stomping 5 easy bots advanced ?

I just play pubs because they are faster. Sometimes you get raging from inhouses because a team lost so the captain likes to place blame on anyone, albeit a new player (new player is loosely defined in this context because, to them they may be new or newer to the in-house community, but not an incapable player, or just newer in general, therefore it's defined loosely as new[er]), or just everyone but himself sometimes. That gets annoying especially when your outdrafted and the captain refuses to believe that. It's even more stupid, when it's a team game, and the team was simply out played on all fronts, but the captain can't take blame, because he played perfectly...even if he is part of the team that went 3-7. But nope, the team was bad, or that newer player was bad, not just getting out played, but it's not a team game when your captain, it's everyone but the captain, cause you know...Captains ALWAYS play a perfect game....Ranting aside, I do favor inhouses more, WHEN the team's are balanced. And they aren't always balanced because everyone likes to pic all the tier 1 players, rightfully so, but that lends to unbalanced games and blame being placed, and sometimes a slaughter fest. So I hate that shap, so I don't in-house often for those reasons. But overall inhouses I'd have to agree, are the better form of the game, because when I do play, after the 2 hour wait time and drafting yes when done in a balanced manner, are 100% way better and more skillful than a archaic pub match.

Edited by NeVeRWiN

You are just saying the same thing over and over, thats not a discussion thats you saying the same thing and not listening. I have been more bm for the past couple weeks admittedly and whiney bois like you bring out the worst bm in me. You may not call boros op, but you still made the same complaints repetitively in the same thread, and just like merinor you dont flobbing listen to anyone but yourself. Marty was far more polite than anyone else has been and you still do not listen. I may hold some ignorance on the inner workings of your brain, but every competent and logical counter to your posts you just ignore like a cranky toddler, and since you are not likely a toddler, you are just being stupid for he sake of arguement.

LMFAO, I don't say the same shap over and over, thats what your your doing, just boiiing about my posts over and over, with no actual input but to talk shap. I actually do listen and have just been able to put down the refutations against what I have said. Ive just stated more examples behind shap. I actually have thought behind what I say, other than just basing my beliefs on 1 occurance of shap.

I don't know why I even bother replying to your posts, as all you do is sit there and insult and talk about how I have no point, but you state nothing, absolutely nothing in opposition to what I've stated and backed up with examples, logic and actual reasons for doing so.

You have Zero input, but to just boii and whine about my so called "crying". You are just being a pure TROLL.

Man, swing and a miss. But, I'll bite:

You've played the game for a long time and have played it competitively. Tell me then, how do you not understand why a structured, higher-stakes environment is more complex than the anarchy of public games?

Let me try again. Do you like sports? Hopefully you do, because they make wonderful analogies.

In professional hockey, the passing is fluid and accurate, the pace is quick, the shots are absurdly fast, and the goalies are even faster. What I just described is the overall expectation of a professional hockey game. The cool little dekes, fancy skating and ridiculous goals are just the icing on the cake.

Amateurs miss passes. Amateurs shoot high and wide. Amateurs sacrifice their positioning for a bodycheck. Amateur games in general are giant clusterflobs where the most basic, fundamental tasks are screwed up over and over again. Because of this, the players are almost playing an entirely different game.

You see what I'm getting at here? In pubs, I'm playing under the assumption that my teammates aren't last hitting well or denying. I assume they aren't spending every waking second trying to get mins and XP. I assume no one is keeping track of the Aeon timer. I assume all of these things because the game I'm playing isn't as competitive as it could be.

I'm not saying it isn't an entirely different gameplay. I'm also not implying pub is pro either. I am however implying that 3g was better and more "pro" than draft. You still get bans, you still know your probably in all likelihood facing better players, but your are essentially banning 8 chars for the other team + their own 3 picks. That's banning almost 25% of the 46 hero pool.for each side. About 4 of more heroes out of the 6 bans are almost always the same. You can essentially shut down 1-2 players A-Game heroes with that, and IDC care how leet you think you are with the "Oh I play every hero and have no main(s)", everyone has their better heroes.

No I don't watch sports, because I don't like supporting a bunch of greedy crybabies. They make ludicrous amounts of money and work at most 1/2 of the yr, then want you to feel bad for them when they are broke 2 yrs after retirement because they bought 10 bottles of crystal per night, and other frivolous shap, not thinking about the future and want you to donate more money to them because they flobed up their life and wasted all of their money. I'm lucky if I manage to get in 2 games of basketball or football in, in a yr. Forget about trying to play a game of baseball, trying to find even 10 peeps to play is like trying to go on a quest to find the holy grail.

The difference is that in draft you can counter what the opposition is trying to do. If they are drafting a really strong team fight comp, then maybe your team should draft a split push comp and try not to go head to head. In 3g, you don't have that opportunity and can have your comp completely countered. Now which one seems more "pro", the one where you can get blind countered, or the one were you can see something coming and attempt to counter it?

Also, are you the same guy who was in core?

Edited by Destroyer

3g is super luck-based because as destroyer said the enemy lineup can counter your lineup just by random chance, which isn't competitive at all. In draft pick if you end up with the better lineup it's the result of an outplay, not luck, which is why draft is a better competitive mode than global bans and free pick.

edit : you also apparently have no idea how inhouse functions. Bans are not a way to "shut down a player". Unless this is a very new player most inhouse veterans have a hero pool that consists of at least a dozen heroes, so banning for a player would be stupid. Banning is to prevent a strategy or a counter strategy, your understanding of the game is shaped by the way you play the game, so you think one player wins or loses you the game but that's not how it works in a high level game, you win or lose as a result of a team strategy.

Edited by chob

The difference is that in draft you can counter what the opposition is trying to do. If they are drafting a really strong team fight comp, then maybe your team should draft a split push comp and try not to go head to head. In 3g, you don't have that opportunity and can have your comp completely countered. Now which one seems more "pro", the one where you can get blind countered, or the one were you can see something coming and attempt to counter it?

Also, are you the same guy who was in core?

Nope I was not in core.

3g is super luck-based because as destroyer said the enemy lineup can counter your lineup just by random chance, which isn't competitive at all. In draft pick if you end up with the better lineup it's the result of an outplay, not luck, which is why draft is a better competitive mode than global bans and free pick.

edit : you also apparently have no idea how inhouse functions. Bans are not a way to "shut down a player". Unless this is a very new player most inhouse veterans have a hero pool that consists of at least a dozen heroes, so banning for a player would be stupid. Banning is to prevent a strategy or a counter strategy, your understanding of the game is shaped by the way you play the game, so you think one player wins or loses you the game but that's not how it works in a high level game, you win or lose as a result of a team strategy.

Yeah I think my good hero pool is around that, but I still have 3-4 that are A-Game Heroes(I know them well, and enjoy playing them), and prolly about 6 others that I can play decently beyond the dozen, after that it starts falling off because I don't like the way the rest of the heroes play, so not enjoying the char can really effect your game. Nova happens to be one of the bad heroes for me, because I feel she's too ez to play and hence have no sense of enjoyment or pride in playing her, causing me to play her poorly.

When I was playing before certain heroes always got banned, and certain chars did get banned because of who was on the other team.

The whole argument that somehow metagaming(By this I mean in the old D&D definition, not "the meta" term we use more commonly now. Taking outside knowledge of the game and essentially cheating ingame.) makes it more strategic doesn't resonate with me at all.

I like the randomness and it makes it more challenging imho, it also forces you to be more weary in the game, if you end up having chars that counter yours. A good player can counter most things, especially a group of good players. I've been able to counter hard counters plenty of times when the other player was good. Thinking on your feet is much more valuable and strategic, then straight out planning and hoping for the best. Makes it more life like, like that, than having all your ducks in a row and just following a blueprint from there. Draft is equivalent to playing the game with a walk-through guide open in a web browser, next to your main computer, telling you what you should be doing. I constantly play with my item builds for different situations in games. I have 2-3 builds for all of my A-game chars and some for the rest of my "good pool". Zera for example has a sustained dps build, a burst build and a ts build, I also know my situational items and having 3 different hard builds has also taught me more about items playing like that. I am also able to make off the cuff builds for certain team comp games. Playing like this also has allowed me to not have to shelf chars because of new updates(most of the time) because I know how to switch around static builds fairly easy w/o missing a step. It's alot harder to fight against the odds, than to fight with even odds or even having the odds in your favor. It's smarter and easier to go with the ladder, but more challenging to do the former. At this point tho in this discussion I am just repeating myself, because I really have nothing else left to add to the debate on the "IH DRAFT" topic. Which I've had to refute against several people on the same subject, and I can't continue on against that many peeps taking the same stance. You can listen to my viewpoint or choose to ignore it, but even if you don't believe my perceptions and/or opinions on it, the points I've made in regards to that view are valid.

And just because I know someone is gonna say it, no the the crowd is not always right. If they were, then Jesus woulda already came back and we wouldn't have had this discussion in the first place.

But you only think that way because you are used to playing against noobs. Playing with balanced teams against competent players and bad hero match-ups is just not interesting because guess what ? Unless you're a significantly better player than your opponent you will get raped.

What is interesting about this ? Play versus someone of equal skill, have the result depend on whoever got lucky with the heroes they picked. Trying to build a better strategy than the enemy team and executing it is much more interesting because you are on equal footing.

What you are saying is that playing at a disadvantage is more challenging and more interesting and brings the best in you, that might be true but that's totally irrelevant to the discussion. The argument is that draft pick is a better competitive mode than free pick, not that free pick is a bad mode or that he doesnt help you get better.

tldr : the reason why you think you are repeating yourself is because you are not reading what we are saying and you keep spewing irrelevant 1000 word essays about your pub experience which has nothing to do with competitive gaming because it's 98% stomping noobs

But you only think that way because you are used to playing against noobs. Playing with balanced teams against competent players and bad hero match-ups is just not interesting because guess what ? Unless you're a significantly better player than your opponent you will get raped.

What is interesting about this ? Play versus someone of equal skill, have the result depend on whoever got lucky with the heroes they picked. Trying to build a better strategy than the enemy team and executing it is much more interesting because you are on equal footing.

What you are saying is that playing at a disadvantage is more challenging and more interesting and brings the best in you, that might be true but that's totally irrelevant to the discussion. The argument is that draft pick is a better competitive mode than free pick, not that free pick is a bad mode or that he doesnt help you get better.

tldr : the reason why you think you are repeating yourself is because you are not reading what we are saying and you keep spewing irrelevant 1000 word essays about your pub experience which has nothing to do with competitive gaming because it's 98% stomping noobs

If you paid attention, then you'd understand that I have played IH, and wish that I could but 3g not Draft, and actually the original argument was that spiraled into this was alot of ihers thinking, saying and acting like they are the best players, which they are not, and that no-one elses opinion matters. The original statement was a preemptive strike against the IHers just coming in and claiming that unless ur a "leet iher", w/e you say is wrong(just like you've just said in your post, which makes you one of the pompous donkeys I'm talking about{I forsee a warning or a ban for this outright insult coming, even tho I have been outright insulted and contextually insulted several times, but meh}). I should've known better that I was going down this rabbit hole anyways.

Whether or not draft is or isn't the best competitive mode is purely speculation and opinion.

Go try telling professional poker players, that win money on a consistent basis, that it is based on luck and they will be your best friend, as they slowly take all the money you brought to the table to "gamble" with. They know that its not what your dealt that matters, but what you do with what you have that really decides who walks away with the prize.

And if IHers are so good at the game why do they all seem to refuse to play 3g when I try to get in an IH? If they know so much more about the game, then why is their refusal to play 3g, different than my refusal to play draft? Side note here, because I must add that actually the clan Exile was ok with playing some 3g IHs, but I havent played with them in awhile, cuz my friend in their clan seems to have left the game.

Also this whole stance on a long post being a bad thing(actually having a reason for an opinion and bringing in references and examples to the discussion), is just more shap on the shapstorm of stupidity taking over the world. I swear we'll soon be handing out medals for eating the most lead paint as a child.

Ihers don't play 3g because the game is 90% over from the comp. Would you like to play a game that you know you are going to lose? In draft you put your strat against their strat and see which one works/is executed better.

As far as bm Phoenix... People are being rude to you because you were the one that started with it (in this thread at least). Even if you weren't, you have to realize that you're opinion is in the extreme minority here and you need to act accordingly. You can't go into a social group, take an opposite viewpoint that the group holds, then insult people when they disagree with you. Whether you're right or wrong, it just doesn't work. You're going to get singled out evry time if you act like that.

Edited by ginosaji

You are not hearing our arguments at all phoenix. We are not saying that the best pub players aren't very skilled, what we are saying is that they play in an environment (public games) that is very specific because it is extremely rare for player skill to be homogenous (is that the word in English ?) which changes the game quite a lot because you can prey on the bad players in the enemy team, because you can get away with mistakes you wouldn't get away with against a coordinated team, because hero picks don't matter when you can outskill your opponents this much.

However, when you play in an environment when skill differences are low, a lot of what even the best pub players know isn't valid anymore. For example when they talk about balance pub players very often overvalue heroes who can get solo kills and undervalue heroes who can't, because they can't rely on their team in most games.

Finally your poker analogy is terrible, because you are not only dealt one hand when you play poker, whereas in aos when you have a terrible comp you're stuck with it until you lose. (for your information I played poker professionally for years at a very high level, and your analogy sucks, in poker the best player wins in the long run but when he is dealt shapty cards he mostly loses money, maybe less than a lesser player but he still loses).