RedHydra

Changelog v1.192 - 1.193

I like the changes but my only worry is how the gpm change will effect support/tank characters. Specifically the characters that are the hardest to last hit with. This change will force people to do better during the laning phase which is good but characters like Egon and Jackson are difficult to last hit with and now will be even less played than before. I can see it being even harder if not impossible to keep up with the cash flow that DPS characters will have now.

What if the GP10 items had negative DPS stats on them. Such as -25 Agility or -25 damage or -25% weapon speed? That would discourage any hard carries from buying the item.

It wasn't a problem on hard carries. It's not worth it at all to buy GP10s on hard carries. It was mostly an issue with casters... Null, cow, brawler, etc would all get a GP10 even if they really didn't plan on building it into something because they already invested in the utility talent tree. Culling saber is usually turned into axe very soon after it's purchased because you need the crit chance in many builds.

Just a general reminder for everyone; we're all entitled to our opinions regarding changes to the game. Some will like these changes all or in part, some will hate them all or in part, some will be ambivalent. Debate the merits of the changes if you want, try to convince someone of a better opinion if you choose, but keep in mind that you don't force your own opinion onto anyone else and don't insult anyone for having their own opinion. So don't let it get too heated.

I see agility heroes getting stronger again. Nerf to gravity while contam stays the same, nerf to mineral items. .

Silly me I forgot how weak Nova/Darpa/Penthos, Tosh,etc were.

Looks like good changes. Still need to see Garamond lockbox combo in action though... Maybe nerfing gp items will get people to actually last hit creeps

the range on lockbox now might be too short as to where nobody would buy this item anymore.

opren's warp+lb combo never dies

GP. Maybe remove gold part from these items? I'm already buy these items not because of mineral bonus. 3 minerals is just lol. Treasure is good by itself because of regen. Google as a component and hp, saber as crits. But wasting talent into wealth to purchase it lseems weird investment. Buy pendant + ward or bottle and forget about gp items.

Overlord. Good change, was too strong at any lane.

LockBox, well, no reason to buy it now, only for reason to avoid some target skill, but its just better to buy dial.

some strange rory combos like q, run, lockbox, molotov, steve (atom smasher required) - strange nerf like it was with rancor aa while cloaked(1 sec>3 sec>2,4>2,2>2>1,6)

I see agility heroes getting stronger again. Nerf to gravity while contam stays the same, nerf to mineral items. .

Silly me I forgot how weak Nova/Darpa/Penthos, Tosh,etc were.

You're assuming they were balanced to begin with... Burst/intelligence heroes were quite strong and snowbally

Then again Jaysi... The developer of this game believes that both Nova and Ling have similar concepts: are both burst heroes...

You should let some jokes die. Every time someone makes one of these or Raynor jokes, Red probably pushes back the next patch by a week (or a day since they're so frequent).

You should let some jokes die. Every time someone makes one of these or Raynor jokes, Red probably pushes back the next patch by a week (or a day since they're so frequent).

I doubt that was joke

GP. Maybe remove gold part from these items? I'm already buy these items not because of mineral bonus. 3 minerals is just lol. Treasure is good by itself because of regen. Google as a component and hp, saber as crits. But wasting talent into wealth to purchase it lseems weird investment.

Well if u do the math, 3per10 seconds means that in 30 minutes you get 540. So you have to carry the item for 40 minutes or so just to cover what you've spent on it. So if it is a cutting saber, you need to carry it for 36 minutes to make it free. I dont think that a lot of people carry it for that long, but it simply makes your build that you already planned cheaper which is a good deal anyways. 15 minutes with a saber makes it 270 cheaper. Sounds pretty good to me.

Edited by mynhauzen

Yea, its pretty dumb.You invest money in saber just for crit proc on lethal barb, not.

Googles on support lasts about 10 minutes before they will upgrade it into korhal etc.

Make it cheaper and remove gp component.

Yea, its pretty dumb.You invest money in saber just for crit proc on lethal barb, not.

Googles on support lasts about 10 minutes before they will upgrade it into korhal etc.

Make it cheaper and remove gp component.

Except I buy another pair of goggles for spell buffer then... 10 mins later I buy spell buffer, but oh wait, I buy another pair of goggles for chilling... 10 mins later I buy chilling, all the while I had Lost Treasure because I planned on buying parralax or silver soul late game and it gave me great sustain.

Though I do feel in my caster/support balls the pain of the nerf, to those who think the items themselves are not that much worthy I give you an example

You get wealth and choose to start with googles...even if you didn`t get the life talent starting with googles is kind of like starting with life talent + minerals!!!

The mineral gaining part was nerfed but the item itself is still in a good place for a first get-go item.

LT will give you all the sustain you need in life and energy as long as you don`t get killed

Basically who would want this items most of the time.....characters that got the wealth talent so it makes sense to start with an item that givs wealth(you used a talent point so it has to give something)

It is just that now you don`t capitalize so much on the item considering how long games can go on.

NOOOOOOOO the ward glitch that screws my own team doesn't work anymore!

Lol some troll did that in a game I was in once with Penthos and like 3 siege creeps built up with like 30 other creeps and demolished our own tower. I thought the other team was cheating because I couldn't figure out how they did it!

What nerf is this you speak of? I havent played on the new patch yet.

The change on the unique. It was 110% weapon damage dealt as spell damage. Now that percentage is 80%.