RedHydra

Changelog v1.192 - 1.193

To provide balance feedback on the latest version, please use the Balance Debate Forum

Changelog v1.193

-------------------------------------------------------------

Towers and creeps will now properly deal damage to Truesight/Sentry Wards.

Changelog v1.192

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lost Treasure, Miner's Goggle, Culling Saber

- Mineral Gain reduced to 3 from 5.

- Cost reduced by 50 minerals.

Garamond

Kill Command

- Time Scale reduced to 10/15/20, from 15/20/25

- Movement Speed Buff on Self-Destruct removed.

Shadow

Shadow Vortex

- Cast Time reduced to 0.5 from 0.7

Schrodinger's Lockbox

- Reduced Range to 4u from 7u.

Overlord

- Removed Physical Resist.

Edited by RedHydra

- Mineral Gain reduced to 3 from 5.

Good.

- Cost reduced by 50 minerals.

Not good.

Schrodinger's Lockbox

- Reduced Range to 4u from 7u.

Really good.

mineral items are kinda sucky right now....the LT cost is so it at least can be bought with wealth...right now its not so convinient to get 2 mineral items ina row unless you are sure the game won`t be ending anytime soon...this is NOT common so you are better starting with wwealth(if you use this) and buying LT or googles and then get your first normal item

I`m not sure yet if this change alone will be for the better good. As it is now at least this items are by no means OP. That is good. But the huge nerf on the characters who are not devoted to farming does not go unnoticed at all. Maybe it would be a good time to implement the other changes high suggested before he retired (cheaper int/support gear).

I agree with the rest of the changes though ZERO physicall resist does seem a bit harsh.

Sweet more nerfs that really wasnt needed, Ie overlord nerf why?

Min nerf why there go's support rolls losing out again cause of this if your aim is to kill support items gj.

Also though you guys didnt want to prolong game play past 1hr yet the changes you guys have been doing is forcing the game to go into a slower pace,

Heres a thought why not just make miner give mins for creeps killed by teamate as if they was killed by you only works in lanes. there for helps non dps rolls in game so they dont fail really be hind.

an for culling gives 1 to 2 bonus mins on kill.

an give lost 7mins,

An keep current cost.

Some thing along those lines

the gara nerf kinda harsh/ but dont really care.

Cant wait to see the other things to come that are going to ruin the game joy be joy.

Why not add an inprove stuff not always nerf it into the ground, you guys dont make progross that way all that does is force people to play 1 way an dull the game till they get bored an just move on.

Edited by Crimson

The gp10 nerf will mostly affect heroes that actually need to start out with them to get income, like support heroes or tanks...

retarded patch

there was no need for nerfing mineral items. they were fine as they were as they push you back in the game and u need long time to catch up from especially as tank. why should i even buy mineral items now? i remember when they gave 10 minerals and now its 3. LOL scrubs

instead of "balancing" such crap better fix xome bugs like balrog/crackling/zeratul jump or towers not targeting enemy heroes even they should etc

anyhow ... game is dead ... just look at inh league with so many folded teams

good job devs

Edited by sportsman

retarded patch

there was no need for nerfing mineral items. they were fine as they were as they push you back in the game and u need long time to catch up from especially as tank. why should i even buy mineral items now? i remember when they gave 10 minerals and now its 3. LOL scrubs

instead of "balancing" such crap better fix xome bugs like balrog/crackling/zeratul jump or towers not targeting enemy heroes even they should etc

good job devs

Mad cuz bad? So you needed some OP mineral items to catch up in the game because you can't do it in the laning phase, and after they get nerfed you complain?

Who is the scrub? Don't even answer.

Sweet more nerfs that really wasnt needed, Ie overlord nerf why?

Min nerf why there go's support rolls losing out again cause of this if your aim is to kill support items gj.

Also though you guys didnt want to prolong game play past 1hr yet the changes you guys have been doing is forcing the game to go into a slower pace,

Heres a thought why not just make miner give mins for creeps killed by teamate as if they was killed by you only works in lanes. there for helps non dps rolls in game so they dont fail really be hind.

an for culling gives 1 to 2 bonus mins on kill.

an give lost 7mins,

An keep current cost.

Some thing along those lines

the gara nerf kinda harsh/ but dont really care.

Cant wait to see the other things to come that are going to ruin the game joy be joy.

Why not add an inprove stuff not always nerf it into the ground, you guys dont make progross that way all that does is force people to play 1 way an dull the game till they get bored an just move on.

Overlord was extremely, extremely strong. Have you played against a mid with overlord? If you don't have overlord and the enemy mid does have it, you will get pushed into tower, and you will miss more creeps than them unless they are much worse than you, even if you are playing a good last-hitting hero. I completely agree with the nerf and am glad that it might not be mandatory to take anymore, it frees up another talent point for me nicely.

I think mineral items were way too strong also, and am glad they are nerfed. However, I do really like your idea for changing them, I think that would be a good mechanic and it would make the mineral items have more interaction. If miners was changed to give gold for when an ally last hits within a certain range, you have to stay in range and not get zoned. Culling saber's unique being changed to giving extra gold for a last hit would make farming more important.

I agree with garamond nerf, I don't need to say why due to quidditch's great explanations posted here on the forums.

While I would like to see some things buffed, I can understand why something should be nerfed. Nerfing something that is overpowered is much easier than buffing the normal/underpowered things in the game, considering that there are many more normal/underpowered things in the game than overpowered things.

I like the changes.All but the GP10 change.

Probably someone brought this one up already but it won't hurt to say it.

I suggest getting categories for these items.For instance :

Support heroes get 4 Mins per 10 sec and the rest like 2 or 3. If we would do this we would need to seperate the heropool obviously.My worry is that support heroes who get hardly any farm can't do their job and carries,burster's, caster' s get even more easily snowballing.

We already have many mechanics from LoL and Dota which isn't a bad sign.So why could't we get another good one.

I hope, aswell as many of you, that drater's wealth change will go throuh.

That were my toughts on this one.

Edited by DoubleGGueswhos

ya thanks moo I under stand how good over was but I never cared if ppl used it or not it never effected my style of game play nore slowed me down in lane.

I also refined abit of the ideas of my post at the time an put them here an added abit to them

http://www.aeonofstorms.com/index.php?/topic/5975-my-thoughts-on-what-the-min-items-should-be-an-other-fixs/#entry104659

But I really do think the over all gpm system needs abit of a overhull to make it more fair across the boards, cause support rolls shouldnt be force to go dps to play the hero ie healers/tanks an such,

retarded patch

good job devs

Classic rage post from someone with no one to rage at in particular... just feels the need to rage. Look at how many heroes were buying GP10s in the last tournament, then tell me they weren't too strong. You had so many heroes buying one or both, even when they didn't use them to build into anything. If you're going to build them into something they are still worth it I think. LT and goggles are both very good laning items for supports/tanks. We'll see where the balance settles.

On a separate note from balance... Sportsman, if you're so pissed about everything, just leave. Go play something else.

Glitches take a very large portion of time that Ekco would rather spend on new content. Red is the balance guy and doesn't really have the expertise in programming to fix bug issues. The game isn't going to be perfect, it's an arcade. Deal with it or move on, you're rage won't help anything.

Pretty good changes except I speculate the range on lockbox now might be too short as to where nobody would buy this item anymore. If this is the case id put the range back and cut the duration of the active if it is truly an issue. I only see this item being bought on Gara summers and Rory and perhaps decreasing the time will make it harder to effectively perform the combos and utilize the item... Or simply remove/rework the item because it's so cheesed lol.

I like the changes but my only worry is how the gpm change will effect support/tank characters. Specifically the characters that are the hardest to last hit with. This change will force people to do better during the laning phase which is good but characters like Egon and Jackson are difficult to last hit with and now will be even less played than before. I can see it being even harder if not impossible to keep up with the cash flow that DPS characters will have now.

What if the GP10 items had negative DPS stats on them. Such as -25 Agility or -25 damage or -25% weapon speed? That would discourage any hard carries from buying the item.