Sign in to follow this  
RedHydra

Changelog v1.191

I believe Brine's int scaling was nerfed on his W regen, not his damage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct...(not sure what everyone else is smoking...) His regen was way too strong, good nerf.

Rushed Gravity Edge usually were making heroes like Cow, Dustin, Vergil to kill any squishy hero with one combo at that stage of the game. Effectiveness of those heroes falls off late game, but they had extremely strong mid game with that item. So I agree with that change.

The heroes that rush Gravity are fundamentally flawed which allows them to exploit an otherwise balanced item.

Dustin got a nerf.

Many, including Highdrater himself have asked for a cow nerf.

Raynor, another gravity rusher, needs a nerf on his scalings.

Vergil isn't even an INT hero and he rushes Gravity so that's telling you something about Vergil more so than the item.

Cyprus is the only gravity rusher that is to be excused because his kit is useless without it.

The least that could be done now is reducing the price of gravity in relation to the nerf. (Like Highdrater suggested, Surprise!)

Btw I have no clue why is vergil agillity hero :C

I`ve asked myself the same question....maybe they didn`t want to make him int so his weapon damage wouldnt go up with intel gear....only reason I can think of

Btw I have no clue why is vergil agillity hero :C

Long ago in a land far far away, I thought he was a DPS hero.. Luckily Whaletits was on hand to help :D

lol

what? you listen to the crap ekcol puts up there? do you also use the recommended item builds? o.o?

and yes Heimdallr you are correct. If Vergil scaled with int he'd be OP.

Edited by Skydie

Just my 2 cents

The gravity egde nerf is only bad on Cyprus in my opinion. Casters like cow and Vergil don't need to be able to one shot a hero to be viable. Their greatest strength lies in their ability to burst multiple heroes at once with their kit. Even with the nerf on edge they should still be viable in IH (although pub caster player may suffer, like me). Heroes like Maar can spam their spells to eternity and beyond, so the nerf dosent hit him as hard. Casters like null and SS still have their ability to slow the whole team with nitrogen for an extended period of time. Casters like egon and medic dont need high damage output anyway. Cyprus, on the other hand, relies on his ability to kill a agi/int hero in one combo. If he can't do that, than he is useless. I'm not sure how much the nerf will affect his damage output, so we will have do some testing to see whether or not he needs a buff.

Just my 2 cents

The gravity egde nerf is only bad on Cyprus in my opinion. Casters like cow and Vergil don't need to be able to one shot a hero to be viable. Their greatest strength lies in their ability to burst multiple heroes at once with their kit. Even with the nerf on edge they should still be viable in IH (although pub caster player may suffer, like me). Heroes like Maar can spam their spells to eternity and beyond, so the nerf dosent hit him as hard. Casters like null and SS still have their ability to slow the whole team with nitrogen for an extended period of time. Casters like egon and medic dont need high damage output anyway. Cyprus, on the other hand, relies on his ability to kill a agi/int hero in one combo. If he can't do that, than he is useless. I'm not sure how much the nerf will affect his damage output, so we will have do some testing to see whether or not he needs a buff.

Call aeren. he will teach u cyprus someday.

Nice update; I understand the need to balance IH against snowballing casters, but...

I think casters would benefit from more expenisve, late-game items. It used to be that casters could semi-carry, not so much anymore. From a pubbing perspective, a lot fewer people take INT caster (which has always been true, just more so).

Anyway, thanks for the patch!

We need both Argus and Grave edge.

Eko took and condense them into a single item Grav Edge. I guess to simplify the game?

I remember before most heroes who needed one would get the other too so it was automatically 2 slots reserved for those 2.....so yeah....it did simplify the game....now you have to get only 1 item instead of 2 and the rest off you go. Basically If i recall correctly they were kind of redundant since they basically gave int and augmented your damage. Nothing special there. intel also boost your abilities scaling. One transformed spell damage to true damage (a %) and the other boosted 20% your spell damage done (no reference to true damage and stuff). So basically one augmented damage piercing resists and the other augmented damage by just augmenting damage (that could be resisted). So if you were bombarding spells you would habve to get them 2 to achieve your nuking potential. Now gravity gives a lot of int, and the spells int scaling has been changed on many heroes since the days of argus crystal. Also gravity now gives true damage instead of converting spell damage to true damage. This would be an issue for jackson cause converting damage would mean less shields with his passive. Plus? move speed. So yeah all items in one bag make the desition simpler. You want more spell damage? buy this one item.

Edited by heimdallr

I really think that fixing bugs is more important than balancing game currently.

There's too much well-known bug in this game that ruins the game.

Some of them are more than 3 years old.

http://www.aeonofsto...rms-v1186-bugs/

this is quidditch's bugs list

I know A LOT more bugs except for that

and only #33 in quidd's list got fixed among mine + quidd's list

Please stop Ignoring those bugs

Good luck with that one. We're lucky to get a patch ever 2-3 months. At least Wrath and Pride at least play the games.

Red/ecko : soon™

You mean "coming soon"?

I've read through this entire post and have spent a little time thinking about the issue and have a solution.

(Instead of nerfing an item you could just nerf the casters causing the problems)

However:

Break gravity up into components that give 4% true damage, 1% movement speed, 20 intelligence, and -1% spell resistance aura within 10 units.

Make these cost 1500 each. Make gravity take 4 of these and give make the build cost 325 gold to complete.

Final cost 6325.

Final appearance:

+110 Int

+20% true damage (unique 1)

+5% movespeed

-5% spell resist to all units within 10 unit radius. (unique 2: stacks with other grav users but not with itself)

Results:

More balanced progression throughout the game.

Less chance of said casters being able to one hit squishies early

Casters more viable in the latest portion of the game.

If income items were the problem on casters, also fixes that issue by making gravity more expensive.

Not sure why I took the time to try and help this game and community again, but I did.

Flame away.

Edited by Einstein

*The Version is currently updated for NA. In a few hours, we will update it to all other regions*

Changelog v1.191

===================

Updated Loading Screen

Heroes

Jackson

Reactive Armor

- Scaling increased from 15% to 20%.

Biotron

Putrify

- Duration changed from 10/15/20 seconds to 10/12/14 seconds.

- True Damage changed from 4/7/10 to 3/7/11.

Cannibalize

- Health Restore changed from 2/3/4/5% to 2.5/3/3.5/4%.

Garamond

Mk38 Turret

- Spell Damage scaling changed from 20% to 10%.

- INT Scale at level 4 reduced to 30% from 50.

Rory

Flaming Stevie

- Duration reduced from 8 to 6 seconds and damage adjusted from 150/225/300 to 175/250/325

Micro

Constricting Slime

- Scaling changed from 70% to 50%.

Psionic Slam

- Damage changed from 70/140/210/280 (70% int) to 70/120/170/220 (+50% INT).

Fast Twitch

- Scaling reduced from 100% to 75% STR.

Crackling

Zerg Rush

- Scaling reduced from 60% to 35%

Dustin

Manual Overdrive

- Cooldown increased to 35/30/25 from 25/20/15s

- Cast Time increased to 2/1.5/1 from 2/1/0.

Predator Missile

- Reduce range from 15 units to 13 units and increase rocket amount from 3 to 4

Plasma Beam

- Scaling reduced from 40% to 30%

Active Denial System

- Changed from 5 pulses during 10 second duration to 4 pulses during 8 second duration.

- Increased Spell Damage amp to 10% from 8.

Brine

Adrenaline Rush

- Change INT Scale to 100% from 150.

Unix

Unix Marines

- Cooldown per marine changed from 4 seconds to 5 seconds

Peristalsis

- Reveal timer changed from 2.5 to 3 seconds

Items

Lethal Barb

- Weapon Speed boost reduced to 80% from 100.

Pyre

Bonus damage percentage increased from 7% to 8%

Sliptide Scythe

- Spell Damage changed from 50 to 40(+10% Weapon Damage)

Cerebro

- Cooldown increased to 60 seconds from 30.

Gravity Edge

- True Damage reduced to 15% from 20.

Khali Blade

- Unique Critical Damage reduced to 30% from 50.

Nice to see a buff to sliptide, especially after the NINJA NERF to BHM.