martY

[Molgloo.Grunty] Semi-carry ganking guide (v1.362)

martY   

Pyre should be in there for late game items, I just loaded the wrong image and it didn't appear. Timesplitter is usually my first 'speed' item, so I choose between Pyre and Gauss later on. And agreed about Sliptide, I totally forgot about it. Sometimes I get it over Galactic and sometimes I get both of them (if the lineup is like Rancor, Cyprus, Raynor, Toxi, or something ridiculous like that). I don't buy Lethal with this build and would probably make my talents more carry-friendly if I did.

I do like Warp Shard, used to use the consumable ones religiously back in the day to initiate. That said, I don't know what I wouldn't buy in favor of Warp Shard since everything serves a purpose. What would you replace?

John   

Whenever I played grunty I played him extremely active both ganking, sending rockets and doing what I probably do best, farm extremely effective. Getting 2X soul engines with some mana potions will make me able to all of for a very low cost.

Spam Q all game and instantly clear waves really makes you snowball. Another interesting thing is how easy it is to bait even decent people with 20 stacks in early game for kills.

Edited by John

ZERATUL   

Yp double soul engine is rly strong, not sure how viable is it in the jungle since it got so buffed, but it is insane in lane.

Edited by ZERATUL

martY   

2x Soul Engine was my opener for awhile, actually. I ended up transitioning to Lost Treasure because the passive income was still good at the time and it would eventually build into Explosive (used to be spell dmg). Then that was changed and here we are today.

John is right, it's absolutely a viable build and is damn good for baiting people. I think my preference toward Khala Stone is because you get a chunk of bonus HP (100 and .4 regen) and a little extra mana/rocket damage (70 mana, .15 regen and 10 extra rocket dmg). The other thing I factor in is simply my field time. I don't get the regen traveling from point A to point B with Soul Engines. Over time, it can make a difference when you're ganking lanes or even just farming neuts.

John   

2x Soul Engine was my opener for awhile, actually. I ended up transitioning to Lost Treasure because the passive income was still good at the time and it would eventually build into Explosive (used to be spell dmg). Then that was changed and here we are today.

John is right, it's absolutely a viable build and is damn good for baiting people. I think my preference toward Khala Stone is because you get a chunk of bonus HP (100 and .4 regen) and a little extra mana/rocket damage (70 mana, .15 regen and 10 extra rocket dmg). The other thing I factor in is simply my field time. I don't get the regen traveling from point A to point B with Soul Engines. Over time, it can make a difference when you're ganking lanes or even just farming neuts.

My playstyle, especially in pub is extremely greedy and snowball oriented, starting off with the 2 souls gives so much sustain and killing power ( being able recover 600 hp at early levels?) right off the bat. This usually allows me to snowball much quicker than going with other builds.

I have to admit that I spend quite some money on mana pots during the game to support the souls because of extremely greedy playstyle. The khali stone might however fit less farm oriented players better.

martY   

why not shinobi it gives u ms and dmg when u hit and if u get stunkinfe its eziest game of ur life ofc until they get shadowmourne it doesnt matter anymore :D

You know, I don't really have a great reason for this other than I find Shinobi to be kind of gimmicky. I could get more HP with Explosive, more speed with Pyre or more damage with Naix. For 4800, I'm just not that impressed by a cloak.

My playstyle, especially in pub is extremely greedy and snowball oriented, starting off with the 2 souls gives so much sustain and killing power ( being able recover 600 hp at early levels?) right off the bat. This usually allows me to snowball much quicker than going with other builds.

I have to admit that I spend quite some money on mana pots during the game to support the souls because of extremely greedy playstyle. The khali stone might however fit less farm oriented players better.

Oh yeah, totally dude. I had to buy so many mana pots to sustain my constant rockets and use of shotty at neuts with that build. Truth be told, I didn't crunch the numbers to do a legit cost-basis comparison of the two, but I think I just found the passive sustain of Khala & Lightning Rod to fit my style better, as you said.

I'd say that as long as you're factoring in Grunty's constant need for mana, you're golden.

http://gyazo.com/5be...634763f7c4670b4

Grunty made me miss this game!

Ha! Damn right.

Edited by martY

Doom   

Pity about the river size decrease. Went from one of the best mid laners to rather bad in an instant. Gone are the days where you move a few units away from center of lane and suddenly are an unleashed hamster sprinting at the enemy.

martY   

It's a bummer, but I'm not terribly unhappy with the grass you can pop out of and unleash hell. Perhaps the time has come to restore Rocket to its former glory :)

On another note, I realize now why the Integrity talent works so goddamn well: practically everything is physical damage now. Don't know why I didn't put two and two together before, but that'll officially be my 7th talent until further notice.