Sign in to follow this  
KinGofDaBerG

Current EU auto-bans

Atm, there is a ridiculous amount of bans in EU, and I feel people are banning hero, just because they have been recently been released and are struggling to counter them, which is the wrong mentality for the banning system... So I want to discuss, I will state the current auto's in EU, then the one I feel should be auto-ed.

Currently:

Nova, Queen, Vergil, Brine, Voltron, Jaxx. Think that's it tbh...

Hero's I feel should be auto:

Starscream (I've heard stories)

Jackson (maybe, what he does to teams.. Is insane)

And that's it I feel.

Reason to unban the current auto bans:

Nova: yes she is strong and her DPS can be regarded as one of the highest due to her passive, but, I feel her squishiness compensates for this, she can not to the life of her take an entire team... Teamwork is her counter as she is one of the best 1v1 heros ingame. So imo she is quite a hard hero to play inh as she can be shut down very quickly. Discuss?

Queen: yes arguably one of the best pushers in the game atm... But what else can she do? There are hero's that counter her and some that do not... I really don't see how she is overpowered as she falls away quite a lot late game!

Vergil: he does have high affinity to escape everything, but now that he has been nerfed I feel he is balanced and is killable if played against correctly. His q doesn't do insane damage anymore, his passive has been nerf quite a lot. How is he still auto banned?

Brine: I agree before his current nerf he was abit too strong and a nightmare to deal with in mid, as that dot damage from his passive rapes, but I feel he's good now... Still strong but not auto-ban material.

Voltron: what a joke... Why is this guy banned? No real team contribution, just good at chasing... Now I feel people auto-ed him for the sake of auto-ing hero's.

Jaxx: I feel before this hero is auto-ed he should at least be given a couple of weeks to inh, and then go from there. The fact that he has been recently (yest) released and he's auto-ed... Well now the community is getting lazy in trying to find counters...

So what are your guys thoughts? I'm still iffy on starscream as I have never seen someone abuse him to an extent to make people rq... Tell me what you did Red? ;)

So you only play in EU? I think Starscream should still be auto'd since his q does a good deal of damage and does slow and once he uses his ulti it deals even more damage. You almost need a protect or last stand to help you withstand Starscream's onslaught since he slows you down while he's attacking you. And if he has a partner or if someone is ganking you're likely to be dead.

Most of the currently banned heroes for EU that you listed sounds pretty bad. They're strong for the reasons you mentioned but they all have their weaknesses. Most notable example is probably jakk. I personally think jakk is terrible. He can be fun to play with in pubs but hardly in IH. Get a ob kit or elixer and his bombs and mines are just completely useless. For Starscream though... He has his shields that deflect damage and he can heal himself.... And he can fly and get out of places using terrain advantage.

You see, starscreams damage output from q... In all seriousness isn't extremely high, let's take a look. My info says 31/rocket (6% INT) 24 of them... Now let's say later game he has maybe 250 int if he got some int items, this gives a total 1104 that isn't guaranteed of hitting you, which isn't crazily high. His ulti is better now as the seeker missles actually hit you. But 2 drones at 75( think its 75 from one of the recent patches)(15% Int) for 15sec fire each second = 3375 SD which is a lot but if you end up taking all that damage and don't kill him in that time well gg... They only issue I can see people getting mad with him is his flying and abusing locations that people can't get to. So again I wanna know how Red made him be auto-banned.

And No energy I played in NA quite a lot earlier this year as HappySam... I don't only play EU... Don't see how that is important? Hmmm I don't think Jaxx is terrible... I think give it a week and someone will have some sick build for him.m

What a sick fiend. Using HappySam's SEA account to play on NA. And you complain that we don't participate in EU matches.

Anyway, I think he changed his password...

Ye he authenticated it so can't use it anymore made me sad for a while :( haha, I don't complain Banzai, just asking why you guys don't, as you always seem so vocal on the forums (speaking of SEA guys).

Haha, residente... If one team has jackson and other team doesn't... Geegee, watch diipa play jackson and you will see how stupidly strong he is... But I said maybe.. I think he was nerfed abit with the range of his ulti so I think he's abit better now ;) plus no old ihan crystal to double ulti with :D

Sure in a 1v1 situation, but when will you ever see a decent jackson jump into a team of 5 make them useless for a bit without his hard carries following? But ye I'm not here to convince people jackson why he should be auto-ed or not, the point remains, jackson takes a team and makes them completely useless, it has nothing to do with his damage... Is this OP? You tell me? If not fine. I did say maybe ;)

Hate autobans in eu. This is ridiculous for ih. I got no chance to try new heroes in ih, keeping playing old one heroes makes ih too boring and pubs became more desireable choice to play.

Also wanted to make such topic. You forgot Egon which is also auto. Agree that currently autobanned heroes should not be auto. At least it's stupid not to react on patches and auto all new heroes before playing some ihs with them.

As for new autos, I think Jackson is balanced and SS is questionable.

Jackson like Rory is also a game changing hero, but can't do much without good team work. And you make your reasoning on some unbalanced games where Diipa raped everithing with Jackson :)

With SS I remember a game that made Boom mad, but that's not only because SS is OP, but for good team work. Next game the same player with SS was completely useless.

IMO the only autos should be:

Egon - AoE healing is too powerful,

Queen - after lvl 6 she can easily push towers allowing her team to snowballing after

Starscream - only because of flight mode - still buggy and abuseable.

Hmmm maximus, actually you said it straight about jackson, I guess if you want him out your team global him h :D ok I'm happy to have Starscream auto-ed only. Sorry egon is irritating that's all, he hasn't changed since we un-auto-ed him 2 months ago, why was he re-auto-ed?

Induran, you don't play much inh, as I've seen but this topic is to sort out the shap that happened with the auto-bans recently. So instead of being negative about the inh vibes, try help, if you feel starscream shouldn't be auto-ed tell me now? Jackson has been discussed why he shouldn't be auto.. So he's not.. But overall the currently auto's have been removed..

Is there any other hero, people feel should be auto-ed? Other then starscream?

Hmmm spooky, egon and queen fade late game, I do agree and have felt for a long time queen ulta is extremely strong... Egon there to support his teams, you need to burst him down then its 4v5 and proceed to rape. Queen howevers role is to push towers that's what she does, she's not there to kill you, and if she does your being stupid... Its like saying bio, garamond unix push towers too fast and create a snowballing effect... So auto them... It doesn't work that way, queens job is to try finish the game before the hard carries come out to play. If she fails at this... Your team is at a huge disadvantage. Starscream, I want to hear why he's OP, buggy yes and takes advantage of places hero's can't attack him but isn't that just irritating?

Nova - kills faster than any other hero late game... but with any amount of cc dies the fastest too

queen - yeah she usually gets a free tower at level 6 but unless your team is doing well queen is terrible and wont win the game for u. also any hero with a spam-able aoe rape her in lane

vergil - tbh i havent seen anyone play him in weeks since he got nerfed so i have no real comments (in NA ih)

brine - the only op thing about brine was when he was doing 20% of levis health with his passive -_- but now that that is fixed i see no problems with him.

voltron - agreed is pretty much a joke and i have never seen someone be successful with him ih

jaxx - i do agree that he needs some play time before any decides to auto him, his ulti mines are strong but without a large feild of them it is farely difficult to hit with out outside help (maybe lockbox for summers??? ;) ) but during a team fight his usefulness seems small other than his E's

my $.02

tbh most of the became autos to shut some people up who argued before every game.

Only autos in my opinion should be egon his sustain is just too ridiculous.

Queen because her ulti pushes towers way too fast

But im also of the belief that we should get rid of all the autos and just do draft picking

Hmmm maximus, actually you said it straight about jackson, I guess if you want him out your team global him h :D

Exactly. I just want more options and strategies - to choose between rory game, jacks game or maybe nova or queen etc. And not just auto 7 heroes than global rory and play everytime the same 5-8 heroes.

And since we've got more heroes and new are coming on, I suggest adding one more ban for a team.

Draft picking takes too long, and for some reason that type of brought out an elite type of combination if I recall whale saying? I would be in favor of another team ban once the hero count in over 40... What do you guys think? And ye egon and queen... I really don't think they should be auto-ed...

Draft is the answer Yaldi. There has always been suggestions for that but never have people chose to do it. They always complain about how it is so time consuming so its better to argue for 30 min instead of 10 min draft. But this is a problem that will never go away, people not being able to wait any amount of time to arrange good games. Funny thing also is that these people are the ones also expecting others always to wait for them every time.

EDIT: You wrote that post while I did mine African ;), but yeah you are one of those people apparently and its just sad since you are in a position to affect this problem.

EDIT2: Did not mean to imply that you are a person who cant wait others African and expect others to wait for you. You are actually one who always are organizing and waiting, thumbs up for that.

So what are your guys thoughts? I'm still iffy on starscream as I have never seen someone abuse him to an extent to make people rq... Tell me what you did Red? ;)

As Starscream, I heavily used the terrain as an advantage to win. flying and attacking in unreachable areas. His damage output is moderate, but his harassing capability is probably the strongest out of everyone else; it's the reason why a lot of players that I've met despise Starscream (Same goes for Egon).

Hey, you really think it takes 10 min more, agreed there is a lot more strategy to it, which in turn makes people take forever to decide on a ban, which is understandable... I feel a system like that can be implemented when teams are premade and ever player on the team knows what each other player plays best... As in our custom inh's how are the captains meant to know what to ban as they don't know what there team plays and the reason it takes so long is because he's constantly trying to find out... Once the Clans form and the teams are made the league could very well adopt that system, but for casual inh, the global, team ban is sufficiently quick enough to not un-attract newer players from the inh scene... Lol fredrick... What a joke, you no I never complain about time to make a game unless its SayMyName being afk... You opinion on this matter is flawed.. As the reason I'm saying the draft won't work atm is because it will actually take over 30 minutes to implement a game, cause of the new people in EU... If there were designated captains who knew what every single player played, then fine it would work but there are none of those atm in EU... So its a pipe dream, please take your holier-then-thou attitude back to dota2... I'm first trying to fix a problem that all new hero's are auto-ed...

So Red, do you feel Egon should be auto banned as well still? As we went through a period where everyone hardly used him inh... I feel that starscream though if player correctly can be a nightmare but I have hardly ever seen it, shouldn't it rather be considered skillful to use a hero in that way, rather then auto-banning it? I mean tassadar can be one of the most devastating heroes in the game but the high skill cap on him makes People want to not use him. If someone inh comes and rapes with him.. Would you auto him? Same question goes to starscream... (Not to say starscream is a high skill hero to play) but I haven't seen complete domination with him yet... Just because a hero is irritating shouldn't mean he should be auto-ed right? I mean if a hero can solo a team of equal level, or ensure you can not do anything to him because he won't let you... That is OP... But there is no hero in this game that can do that... I mean starscream takes a risk in his flight mode if caught out for a second he's dead.. And only the best players can position him correctly to make him that effective... As you said his Damage output is not great in all honesty..

Points taken about draft picking but tbh the biggest time waster for picking teams is no one wanting to captain the teams

Also you might have guessed right about the tourney rules:)

Its no holier-than-thou attitude african. And I said you are always organizing and willing to wait. I believe I said there is always people who are not willing to wait which is why draft is never done. You dont need to know what hero everybody plays lol, you just ban those who would counter your team comp too hard. Say if you want to go shadow rory lane you ban lz for an example or if you dont have strong initiation you ban jackson etc. AND LASTLY, if you DRAFT you dont need to AUTOBAN (you said you try to deal with the problem new heroes are autobanned).