1. 1. The Minimap should be...

• in the left corner
    • in the right corner
    • I don't care
  2. 2. The UI should

• remain as it is
    • take less space
    • I don't care

ITT: ppl (or rather person) who think the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many

Not sure where you're getting this idea. The poll on this thread shows that most people would prefer a reduced interface.

If you don't like the specifics of the change, then talk to Ecko. I don't have the final say on what the layout is, I just make it and give style input.

My only annoyance is that I have hard time keepin track of my skill CD in conjunction with my mana pool

They're not any further apart than they used to be. The abilities used to be on the right with the energy values in the middle, where now the abilities are in the middle with the energy values on the left.

They're not any further apart than they used to be. The abilities used to be on the right with the energy values in the middle, where now the abilities are in the middle with the energy values on the left.

One question do the control groups still appear somewhere? Im fine but for new players it might be hard to work out which buttons do what for like unix tosh and MK. Something small would be fine.

One question do the control groups still appear somewhere? Im fine but for new players it might be hard to work out which buttons do what for like unix tosh and MK. Something small would be fine.

That's... True... No, they don't. I'll talk to Ecko.

Can we please get HP/Mana numbers with appropriate bars in the middle of the screen...?

It would be helpful for on-the-fly NUMBERING. The thing is that with Mana bars just knowing "about" how much you have is only useful if you have a large sum of energy. If you have a low amount of energy currently, then each one becomes with more and more-- so, for example, as Unix; I NEED to know how much mana I have-- I need to know how much I'll have after a Fungal+Brain Sap to see if I can throw Marines; and in-combat there's no time to divert my attention...

Also, why is the portrait there? xC I don't get the point of the portrait [it didn't even take me back to my hero when I looked at it]... Shouldn't that space be used for larger numbers for the more important things? Like our HP/EN?

Oh, one design question-- why are the HP-EN numbers in the very very bottom left? I would think they would be better near the middle, because we check the middle of the UI more (because of the way eyes work) and our STR/AGI/INT stats don't change all the time...

Also, is it possible to have our current Weapon Speed be displayed in the UI? I ask because there are debuffs that change Weapon Speed and it would be nice to know when we get our W.Spd lowered... =C

What I think should be displayed is similar to what other mobas display:

1. HP

2. Mana

3. Armor

4. Spell Resist

5. Weapon Speed

That would help us a lot because to calculate spell resist with the way it works is painful and takes too much time.

Nuparu, you are also forgetting Damage as well as STR, AGI, and INT.

For the time being, there has not been implemented a system for tracking spell resist values.

I like the new look but dont see why the minimap needs to be right instead of left

The corners are perfectly symmetrical so it would be easy to move the Minimap back to left and make everybody stop complaining

People are used to left side minimaps in every other SC2 game, so changing that is a really bad idea no matter how you slice it

People naturally look left to right, and read in a z pattern on any site, so its natural to look at left corner before right and thus better to have the minimap (the most important part of the UI components) on the left.

You can find numerous studies in UI design proving this.

Other than that I really like having more screen realestate, altho I personally disagree with the decision to have skills instead of items as the center bar, I can also see the use of it in seeing what your cooldowns are at any time much easier, and thus am fine with it overall

I would however really like it if a giant red HP and blue MP bar were overlayed just above the middle bar so you can have a much more accurate idea of your current health and mp without looking into the corner trying to read numbers in the middle of a fight, just make them semi translucent and not clickable so they don't interfere with mobility.

When your MP is low you need to know exactly how much you have quickly and easily, guesswork wont cut it, and its much easier to look down without missing much of the action than it is to look into the corner on a widescreen (the standard format for any computer these days)

Nuparu, you are also forgetting Damage as well as STR, AGI, and INT.

For the time being, there has not been implemented a system for tracking spell resist values.

I... um.. implied that!

of course the results would be different, but less accurate.

lol why would it be less accurate? in fact it would be more accurate. causing a person to give more thought to either option and actually picking one. saying I dont care is like not voteing when the time comes every 4 years. how is it more accurate when some ppl have not voted? cuz thats pretty much what "i dont care" is. Hm how else can i say this, lol. its like trying to figure out what the whole fam wants to eat for dinner, so what do you do? ask every1 what the want and take it from there. Instead, u wait till every1 is busy doing something or is in another room, so you ask only one person, then say "hey! i asked them fam!" lol

in this instance, there ARE three options.

1: Please dont change it

2: Please change it

3: I am indifferent to change

By not allowing the third subsett o exist, you make it seem as if everyone has a strong opinion, whereas those who "dont care" actually do not have an opinion on the change one way or the other.

The devs will want to know this. These are their "cushion players" ones that will not be adversely affected by a change, meaning that if the "dont care" subset is large enough they can do as they please without significant repricussions.

And in shorter terms, if you left that option off, the ones who PICKED that option would likely jsut not vote, reducing the overall sample size.

Polling is fun.

I am aware of this, but I seem to be having harder time adjusting to the change in location of skill/HP/mana indicators than the change in map location. Maybe this is just my personal thing - change in map was easy to adjust to, but not the other UI. But then, If we change the map location, we have to change skill location anyway... Er

I am guessing this adjustment will come in time.

in this instance, there ARE three options.

1: Please dont change it

2: Please change it

3: I am indifferent to change

By not allowing the third subsett o exist, you make it seem as if everyone has a strong opinion, whereas those who "dont care" actually do not have an opinion on the change one way or the other.

The devs will want to know this. These are their "cushion players" ones that will not be adversely affected by a change, meaning that if the "dont care" subset is large enough they can do as they please without significant repricussions.

And in shorter terms, if you left that option off, the ones who PICKED that option would likely jsut not vote, reducing the overall sample size.

Polling is fun.

LOL but the ones who don't vote obvs don't care. Reducing sample size? More the numbers does not make it more accurate. Someone not having a strong opinion towards one or the other means that they are of no help to determine if change needs to be done or not. Since u say these are "cushion" players or whatever. Then it shouldn't matter the them either way if that option was taken out right?

LOL but the ones who don't vote obvs don't care. Reducing sample size? More the numbers does not make it more accurate. Someone not having a strong opinion towards one or the other means that they are of no help to determine if change needs to be done or not. Since u say these are "cushion" players or whatever. Then it shouldn't matter the them either way if that option was taken out right?

look, im not going to argue with you over this.

you have your opinion on polls and statistics, I have mine.

leave it at that.

look, im not going to argue with you over this.

you have your opinion on polls and statistics, I have mine.

leave it at that.

cool bro.

I don't know where you keep getting the idea that the minimap has gotten smaller. The previous size of the map itself was 291 by 286. Now it is 300 by 292. It is actually a little bit larger, and the frame that goes around it is smaller than the old frame. You may want to get your facts straight.

When I say that the interface is smaller, I mean mostly that wasted space has been eliminated. As an example, look at the old unit info card. On small resolutions, the entire bottom console collapses so that it perfectly fits the old unit info card. However, at large resolutions, the entire bottom console merely expands, leaving large amounts of wasted, ugly, black space to the left and right of the unit info. By the nature of how we modified the interface, with the various elements anchored to the left, the right, and the center, this wasted space is now simply given back to the player.

This argument makes no sense. Yes, you would see the minimap more - but it would also obstruct the action more! You yourself just said that the action tends to happen in the center of the screen. Why would you want to obscure it with the minimap!? I have seen nobody else of the opinion that the minimap should be in the center because the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages. I've never even seen a game with that layout.

Your text analogy just as much supports our layout as it does yours. When text fills up a single line, it moves down to the next line. This is how our items are organized, in two rows from left to right. The variety of screen resolutions means you can either have the items in a single row in the middle, or in two rows on the side. We have opted for two rows on the side.

These buttons are entirely unnecessary. They have no cooldown, and every single player knows what they do, even new players. Other MOBAs remove these abilities and people still know how to use them. It is more valuable to free up screen space than leave these in.

You contradict yourself here. The minimap is information that you read AND interact with. If anything, the hero information is what you read but don't interact with, and in that sense belongs in the bottom left corner. You are actually arguing in favor of our layout here.

Total nonsense! Espacially of that factor it belongs to the right side. The things u intersact with must be on the left side! This is why blizz-programmers put the minimap on the right and the keys, that everyone is learning and not really using on the left. Lol u are arguing against ur dumb layout.

Edit:

I'd like to add that I firmly doubt that you have played an actual game using the new interface. No doubt you have looked at it without actually testing it during gameplay. People on Mumble have been playing the beta so much this week that it made it onto the Up and Coming on the front page of the Arcade, and they are getting used to it. Your prejudgements and the fact that you have not even tried it are the issue.

Ur not getting used to it if u have to switch.

Its also total nonsense, like everyone pronnounced and voted.

Its out of the actual actinf field, bc u never are in the bottom right to do anything. So why do there one of the importants shap ever evolved?! Just bc u want a bad idea to get into the game. Ah and if u want to come with the argument: u havent played the beta, have u vbla bla bla; i had played it and the minimap on the right is stubbotn shap

Sentence 1: Wrong; those do matter. It tells you what % of the community can adapt to change // aren't prejudiced to one.

Sentences 2-3: Actually, the exact OPPOSITE. More samples = more accurate.

Sentence 4: Actually, having no opinion is important-- it means that Ekcolnovkol can change it and those will see, without prejudice, which one they actually prefer-- opposed to which one they're just more used to.

Sentence 5-6: It does not matter to the players themselves but rather to Ekcolnovkol for a matter of sampling, testing players.

:D While totally irrelevant, I wanted to educate people. I love to educate. But I hate teaching. =|

Sentence 1: Wrong; those do matter. It tells you what % of the community can adapt to change // aren't prejudiced to one.

Sentences 2-3: Actually, the exact OPPOSITE. More samples = more accurate.

Sentence 4: Actually, having no opinion is important-- it means that Ekcolnovkol can change it and those will see, without prejudice, which one they actually prefer-- opposed to which one they're just more used to.

Sentence 5-6: It does not matter to the players themselves but rather to Ekcolnovkol for a matter of sampling, testing players.

:D While totally irrelevant, I wanted to educate people. I love to educate. But I hate teaching. =|

I'm sorry but this is Wrong. Again, sorry. Like iron said you have your opinions and ill have mine. I'm not gonna argue with you :p lol. But rly I do believe you are wrong.

Well naturally we have our opinions, but the definition of error is basically (Accepted - (Measured / Samples)) / Accepted if there's an Accepted/Known value; Since having more samples brings the value of "Measured / Samples" towards the Accepted value, the value will approach 0 which is to say "your measurement is exactly as the Accepted value".

Don't see how it can be said that the definition of a word or term is wrong; but definitely; we have our own opinions on how things should be done or how we want others to be. xP

Edit: I forgot the other thing I wanted to say here; I will be editing it in soon. >_<

Edit2: Remembered

@Wrath: You said that the majority wants the UI smaller. That's true. The majority also wants the UI in the left. And I'm pretty sure that most people would prefer items in the middle opposed to being tucked off in the (right) corner of their screen; for more visibility when using activated items and for when selling them.