Sign in to follow this  
WARBORN

Might as well delete Boros from the game

but if you'll pardon my following statement, anyone that exclusively plays AA heroes, especially in pubs, is a pathetic shapscrub.

lol okay.

I am too biased against this because I despise Boros, a pubber's view;

No spell is so safe, dangerous and carefree as spellstorm

No stun so damning as a bola

A steroid booster in crits that synergizes with items so well

and an invincibility-state Ult that is almost always lethal no matter what the performance of the player in the game; you must always leave room to mitigate Boros's damage (as a squishy).

Boros is the weakest I've ever seen him in my years of playing Sotis. Now he feels more balanced.

Boros is a bad hero, and he is remarkably hard to balance. The problem is that his moves have no synergy and it's almost like he is unsure of what he is supposed to be. Half his spells should be for a defensive hero (Bola and SS) while the other half belongs to pure DPS (Double strike and Omnislash). This makes him a hero that simply does not belong well in the game because he does not have a decisive role. It's not that he is OP or UP, it's that he is simply a bad hero with a bizarre set of spells.

I think there is a few things they could do to fix him. First would be to remove the spell immunity on SS but buff the damage. The other option would be to just make him a strength hero so he can play a solid tank.

red hydra strikes again

pubs think boros op ? over nerf, pubs think bio is op? over nerf etc....

i wonder who reds next victim will be

Umm idk what your smoking, but ih thought bio was op as much as pubs.

Umm idk what your smoking, but ih thought bio was op as much as pubs.

but the point is valid...... he was obv over nerfed

im talking about apples and you bring up corn ....

What is "overnerfed" about Boros? Aside from the SS duration, and change to Cerebro, nothing was changed in him since a rather long time......

Unless you mean the extra creeps? They don't play that much of an extra role, in my experience......

hahahahahahahahahah lmao absolutely hilarious. The fact that you don't understand and that I have to even mention it..goes to show u don't get what I'm saying..ofcourse u need items but do I rly have to mention I'm talking about base values..hey did you know that the heros on other team can also buy items. ;) you learn something new everyday I guess. :)

What - you don't find the post hilarious? It is funny! Hahahahahahahaha.

I feel like boros is UP right now compared to other AA carries but not for the reasons the original poster has suggested. Boros ss and cerebro nerfs were fine. It is his bola that is messed up. I have suggested this before and I will again. They should change bola back to the range it was before and remove the damage component. They should also remove the range "cap". This would make boros more viable ih.

lol k when someone picks boros and snipes you every time they see you jungle, move across river, lane, or whatever, then you'll wonder how UP he is.

if your dieing in the jungle and the river to a boros all this means is your not investing into the most cost effective item in the game, Wards for 75 mins each you pretty much have a free map hack, you should see the boros coming and if he is coming to your jungle and such then he is clearly over extending and you / your team should simply gank him

Boros is not op your current level of play is just lacking there are options to deal with ever hero you just choose not to

really....

Boros is Close to UP.

But wait ... removing him from the game? There's plenty of close-to-never-played heroes like Maar or Tassadar...

You're the first person ever (i think :)) to suggest the removal of a Hero, lol.

really....

Boros is Close to UP.

But wait ... removing him from the game? There's plenty of close-to-never-played heroes like Maar or Tassadar...

You're the first person ever (i think :)) to suggest the removal of a Hero, lol.

well I wasn't being literal, just brining it to an extreme to get my point across.. Most of these replies are bs tho...I'm a dirty Boros player..not the best but ill wreck most ppl when I use him. This being said from a "good player" should tell you what I'm saying should be taken a lol more seriously bc I'm not just trolling. If you don't believe I'm a "decent player" with Boros and just saying he's UP bc I'm bad...I have many replays ripping it up with him. I know it not hard to get kills with Boros...but late game..you have to be very strategic about when and when not 2 ulti. When to isolate some1..if u can't I just warp in with a SHC, pop off shrap cloak unleash my ulti then team will come in to clean up...all this being said. I still stand by my original post...not that he be removed!!! Lol grow up. But u know what I mean.

And yea some of you guys are right...the creep filled map now don't rly matter and have that much of an affect on Boros...lol that's why in other "boros counter" threads Iv read ppl make a few suggestions...a lot of ppl say. Just run to your creeps. Funny.

well I wasn't being literal, just brining it to an extreme to get my point across.. Most of these replies are bs tho...I'm a dirty Boros player..not the best but ill wreck most ppl when I use him. This being said from a "good player" should tell you what I'm saying should be taken a lol more seriously bc I'm not just trolling. If you don't believe I'm a "decent player" with Boros and just saying he's UP bc I'm bad...I have many replays ripping it up with him. I know it not hard to get kills with Boros...but late game..you have to be very strategic about when and when not 2 ulti. When to isolate some1..if u can't I just warp in with a SHC, pop off shrap cloak unleash my ulti then team will come in to clean up...all this being said. I still stand by my original post...not that he be removed!!! Lol grow up. But u know what I mean.

But what in your opinion constitutes underpoweredness? He can easily get kills, has good jungling, and laning abilities (he might be tortured by some heroes, if he goes to a long lane, but he can usually at least hold his own against anyone, if he has an ok laning partner). He has a very strong midgame and quite strong lategame. Yes, he is not as much of a "2 button rape hero" as he was in the past, but..... still pretty high up there. There is no point in a game where he is actually "weak". There is no point in the game where an omnislash from a semi-decent position will not equal a kill (usually more, somewhere like 2 kills, 3rd hero somewhat injured). He is also really hard to counter, there is NO NON-AA HERO THAT CAN KILL HIM. And even aa heroes cannot just approach him, they have to wait for him to use his omnislash (aka kill some of the more expendable members on their team). He is MAYBE not OP. He is certainly not UP. His bola sucks, compared to what it was in it's glory days. Yes. So what? SS and Omnislash, and even his passive (especially in combination with Lethal Barb) are strong enough to make him not even need a 3rd skill.

EDIT: I hate the creep filled map too. It makes my fps fall to near unplayable. My winning strategy is to get so many kills so quickly, that most of the enemy team rq's so that I don't have to try to push down the towers in the lag that arises near the 50 min mark. I want them gone too. But Boros doesn't suffer nearly half as much as you make him out to.

EDIT #2: If you have good games, post them. If they are actually good, I, for one, will give you a slow clap, if that's what I feel you deserve, and think higher of you than I do atm.

ITT: Inh players claim boros is op but only in pubs. Pub players say boros is up in pubs. Go figure.

Fact is Boros is underplayed in both pub and inh because he is the least useful of the agi carry heroes. He cannot change the flow of a game unlike nova, shadow, zera etc. To be more useful he needs bola changed so it's actually useful as a pulling ability, whether it does damage or not.

I think it's time for proof. Both OP and UP claimers have been throwing around arguments, slander, and utter nonsense to prove their point, but there hasn't been one good thread of proof. So, tomorrow, to prove Boros OP, I will bend my one rule of not picking one of the holy trinity, and take Boros for a spin. The fact that I haven't played him in ages will make up for the fact that I'm an above average player, and to add an extra challenge, I will not get (therefore use) a single level of Omnislash, till level 16. That means that I will not have any gap closer other than items or bola, till level 16. I will also not hide any replays. Any game I play with Boros in this manner, I have to release, so I will not just be selecting the games where I own. If there happens to be a game where I do badly, I also have to publish the replay, to minimize bias. I will also not do this while in a premade or party of any kind.

But see, if Doom can own without the ulti, then that proves that Boros is broken, right? Especially if it is consistent.

And then what would happen if he did, in fact, have his Ulti at that point instead of a normal skill level?

since youre all mentioning "proof" there was no such requirement when they nerfed boros. they nerfed boros on the basis of HEARSAY and JOINING THE BANDWAGON (at least in my opinion) you can find that very long tread in character balance section.

we (boros players) presented a very long list of possible counters which most of the anti-boros refused to accept.

they say it wasnt viable counter to allocate 1 or 2 slots for a counter to boros. yet on shadow people accept the fact that electric mantle, shrapnel cloak etc are must haves when facing a shadow.

i suggest re-opening that long boros OP tread.

not using ULTI till level 16? well it actually isnt that easy to use lvl 1 ulti at 200mana cost and boros has quite a small mana pool. if you do get to pull off the bola+SS+omni, it would be probably because after bola you hit the "F" mana/health 18% regen and probably consumed a mana pot.

i play INT boros and i do not get to spam this combo until maybe level 10-11.

thats after having a higgs boson and that 200 energy component of ihan and a blinkmoth serum.

agree, boros is a burst caster comparable to a cyprus. but while a cyprus can blink in, block off, and ulti, boros is melee and has to actually snag a hero from bola to do well. cyprus can perform with a creep audience while boros cannot. yet boros was nerfed more thimes than any hero in AOS in the last 6 months.

Hey I've played against you Marxx you're a very good boros player, I think apart of the problem was the drastic change to boros into v. 60 or whichever version saw his bola go from range 14 max to range 16 max with bonus damage, this created a omg moment from pubbers that were easily destroyed by vetern SOTIS players that took advange of them hahaha now that being said, boros is still pretty good but teamwork will utterly rape him, then of course it's not fair that his range was further than Mandrake, so increase range to both with no damage to thier pull lol Raynor does have a crazy range for his ult? Boros with a slightly longer bola range is a lot of fun!