Sign in to follow this  
Dllifer

Anime or animation worth watching

1. Adventure time. (Where I got my DLfin)

2. Young Justice. (Arguably one of the best dc animated series there is. It gives a feel of watching a live action drama series.)

3. Gravity Falls (my current favorite animation. Reminds me of adventure time/supernatural)

4. Batman Year One - my favorite batman animated film and movie. (You will scoff at all batman movies, live action or not, when you see this)

You mentioned 4 great anime titles. I had fun watching those 4. If you like Bakemonogatari, you might like nisemonogatari. :3 If you like steins;gate, you might like chaos head - the predecessor of steains; gate. If you like puella magi madoka magica, you might like another. If you like fate/zero, you might like tsukihime and fate/stay night. :3

Jormungand - guns a blazing and action. If you like black lagoon, you will love this. :3

Bah, as if I hadn't watched that already. It was pretty nice too, but abit too much fanservice. Well, Nissy did say that Nisemonogatari was pretty much just fanservice...

Also, which one of the 5 title isn't one of the "4 great anime titles"?

Well, here's two more nice anime. Legend of the legendary heroes(it's goodness is inversely proportionate to the corniness of its name, so it's pretty good) and Clannad(Afterstory too).

Edit: I've watched Jormungand and Another, and played the VN for Chaos;Head, Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime. And all the VNs were definitely better than their anime adaptations. You underestimate my power.

Well visual novels will always trump their anime adaptation. Stein's gate vn is awesome. :3

Another is my favorite horror anime now. :3

Berserk movie is out. If you've seen the old series, you might want to check it out. Haven't tried chaos had as a vn though. Will try to find some time when I am in vacation again.

Gintama seems like a parody of existing animes. :3

Yes and no.

It was very unique in most of the episodes, and it does have its own story.

It was very enjoyable to watch imo.

Yes and no.

It was very unique in most of the episodes, and it does have its own story.

It was very enjoyable to watch imo.

I see. :) We all have our own biases as to what we like to watch. My cousin really likes Gintama. Though, I am more inclined to weirder anime.

Umineko no naku koro ni <3

Recently I've had an obsession with Studio Ghibli films. You should take a look at a few of them if you haven't watched them already.

Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Mononoke, Whisper of the Heart.

Recently I've had an obsession with Studio Ghibli films. You should take a look at a few of them if you haven't watched them already.

In addition to what you enumerated, you might also like nausica of the valley of the wind and cats return. :)

I just watched both of them this week. =)

Nice. Study G always delivers great animated films.

i. paprika

ii. melinuim actress

these two are great too.

----

ghost in the shell 1 is a classic and if you liked this, you might like surrogates (live action, not anime, staring bruce willis, which is probably the nearest ghost in the shell like movie besides matrix)

I must have watched the entire series of Gintama 10+ times by now.

It's worth it. The show's extremely unique in almost every aspect and has a bit of everything in it.

No Grave of the Fireflies? Shame on you!

No Grave of the Fireflies? Shame on you!

Grave of the Fireflies is a very sad anime. :/ Such is the effect of war. And for a more economic approach, the documentary Commanding Heights will be a nice reference, though boring. But those who wish to get rich will enjoy the film.

I don't care what anyone says I'm a huge gundam fanboy and I love it :D. Gundam plastic snap together models are also fun to build, I'm so nerdy...

I like Gundam too. I grew up on that anime, in that my friends and I would watch gundam wing.

If you like this anime, then you will like the following ones which are similar to it: i. eureka 7; ii. eureka 7 ao; iii. macross; iv. heroic age; v. rah xephon; vi. neon genesis evangelion; vii. guran lagan; viii. break blade

I like Gundam too. I grew up on that anime, in that my friends and I would watch gundam wing.

If you like this anime, then you will like the following ones which are similar to it: i. eureka 7; ii. eureka 7 ao; iii. macross; iv. heroic age; v. rah xephon; vi. neon genesis evangelion; vii. guran lagan; viii. break blade

Yeah I haven't watched too many mecha anime since but I started watching more popular anime eg. FMA, black butler, soul eater. I am thinking about watching geass though... Although with school and stuff I don't know if I have time to watch that much anime...

Yeah I haven't watched too many mecha anime since but I started watching more popular anime eg. FMA, black butler, soul eater. I am thinking about watching geass though... Although with school and stuff I don't know if I have time to watch that much anime...

Code geass is 5/5. A very nice anime. Well, just balance your priorities, so you will be able to study and have fun at the same time. Else, just do what you can. hehe

Geass is a pretty good anime. Compared to other mecha anime, it has one of the best plots. Although, it does tend to get slightly overrated. Nevertheless, it's still something you should try to watch.

Squid Girl/Ika Musume is an anime about Squid Girl trying to invade Earth. Although, she's a typical naive airhead, and ends up working in a beach shop. It's kind of like a slice-of-life comedy. Not my cup of tea.

Lol thanks, btw does anyone watch squid girl... They were showing an ep at my anime/mango store and what..... Just what... Is.... This.....?

I love it. Has many lovecraft parodies. Just that most people, the new kids, or younger generation won't be able to recognize it. :3 It is very cute too. I love slice of life. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujKeKs5UlXw&feature=related

I like anime where it's just random but somehow funny but.... This is doesnt catch my fancy....

Edit: an anime/manga (I dunno which) that the people at the store said was pretty good, something like XL saga. Is it any good? I been thinking of seeing this as well, I hear it's the most random thing ever