Sign in to follow this  
Hogwarts

An opportunity for pubstars to show their stuff

Mingle  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is the community up for this?

oh we got stomped lol and the best part was i convinced my team to let me play nova ^_^

My brother was using my account, and I got home to watch the last 15 minutes of it, but when I saw you were nova and revolution was rancor i couldn't help but laugh. And that game was close, not a stomp lol.

edit: @ dox, haven't seen rdunn and sashi for a couple of weeks tbh. and there was no voice chat on the non-mumble team in that game.

I play more pubs than Ih, just a few Ih. I have and use Mic sometimes on mumble but mostly with known people.

Since I started Moba's a century ago, it is annoying to hear some people raging, frustating and even to see how they think they work nice as war commanders. What I could say Childish frustating.

There is nice people too.

My brother was using my account, and I got home to watch the last 15 minutes of it, but when I saw you were nova and revolution was rancor i couldn't help but laugh. And that game was close, not a stomp lol.

edit: @ dox, haven't seen rdunn and sashi for a couple of weeks tbh. and there was no voice chat on the non-mumble team in that game.

Oo nice job lol though i know some people actually play better when they know what to do and just need a ping for attention. I have a friend in lol who sucks when he's on mic, but he plays a lot better when we take him off mic because he focuses more and has no one to rage to when he messes up. Rdunn and sashi got jobs i think so they're on at night for a couple of hours if at all. Its not like college when we could play until 4 am every night anymore. Real world op.

to be fair the"ih'ers" didnt "come up" with bans. bans are what happen in high level lol and dota games.

also as far as voice chat is concerned, most of these pub players play with each other so much without voice chat that they dont need it to play the game and communicate. they are so familiar with each other that they can feel what the other person will do before they do it(at least this is how it was when i pubed with the same 10ish people before i got mumble). That is something that many of the ih community lack as we never play on a specific persons team consistently.

I know they are the standar, still, its not something that happens in pubs, fi you force this rules into the game, is like sum1 said, just a pubstomp.

I don agree to autobans (Due to balance issues), but the 2g2t, draft, etc... shouldn't be applied imo.

Voicechat is an option, no need for pubs to request ihers so leave the mumble option, you choose to use it or not.

Btw, this could happen this next friday/saturday, i'll reinstall the game to play for da pubs.

IH rules, such as banning are not part of the game, they are external rules created and accepted by a set of players. If you wanna mingle pubs vs ih you cannotp retend to use said rules.

If you look at the rest of the thread preceeding your post, you will notice that I proposed that the rules of these games should reflect compromise. I suggested that we allow the number of bans to vary from game to game, and that the default be one global ban per team (since the mumble IH default is three, this seemed like a reasonable compromise). Should some of the players want to play without any bans, I don't see that being an issue--I think that most IH players would be fine with that in this setting.

I have played a lot of pub games and I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen someone with a mic.

If you use mics this will be nothing more than an organized pubstomp where you ask people to volunteer to be stomped. What exactly will be different than when you go pub stomping now? You will still have a random group of pub players who have never played together vs a organized coordnated team. Even if the pub players are better than you, they well be at a disadvantage.

Even if the pub players use mics they will be at a disadvantage, because they won't be as experinced with communicating that way.

If you want to pubstomp just go do it (I personally think that it's trolling therefore lame). Don't pretend like this is anything but that.

Why would people use their mic in a random pub just because they have a mic? I played pubs for months and I never used my mic. It wasn't until I started playing IH that I actually started using my mic. Regardless, you have failed to refute my argument that it would be as absurd to ban voice communication as it would be to ban pings and text chat. Further, given that many pub players in here have argued against your claim that voice communication should be banned, I see no reason to continue this particular debate.

I know they are the standar, still, its not something that happens in pubs, fi you force this rules into the game, is like sum1 said, just a pubstomp.

I don agree to autobans (Due to balance issues), but the 2g2t, draft, etc... shouldn't be applied imo.

Voicechat is an option, no need for pubs to request ihers so leave the mumble option, you choose to use it or not.

Btw, this could happen this next friday/saturday, i'll reinstall the game to play for da pubs.

See post above. Everyone who actually responded to my post seemed to agree with me. Perhaps Hogwarts will update the original post accordingly.

Voicechat would be permitted in these games. Even if one person can't speak, it's likely that a lot of the rest of the team could as well. It's hard to create a community when people can't talk to each other. While I support the idea of balancing the playing field (though the hero-combo idea is kinda ridiculous), I think that comes just via balancing teams - which we can't do until we find out how good people are.

Also, highdrater and Ascension absolutely wrecked most mumble players despite not having a mic. It's not that hard. As much as we "mumblers" talk about the mumble competitive scene having a significantly higher percentage of good players, which is true, by virtue of having a larger base population the top pub players are at least as skilled, if not more so.

In addition, if you put me/whale/highdrater/peas/tukey on a team (our team right now), we could do what we do without voice chat because we know how we play. Adding voice chat as an option for public players drastically increases their ability to organize given that they may not have worked together.

Oh, and can I just clarify this here? I was a pubstar for a really long time, playing with RxACExR, Bishop, Ace, WWJD, and other notable pub players from 3.0 to 4.0. I remember facing a mumble team in pub games when I was a lone a few times and being able to hold my own fairly well, but getting destroyed by their teamwork. As a result of that, I endeavored to take the lead on my teams and teach people on my team how to counter teams for a long time, right up until I joined mumble after playing a few organized games against them and being told that I'd fit in. When I joined mumble, I was in the bottom third of players and wouldn't be picked for most inhouses. I had Ace vouch for me and started getting into games and gaining notoriety as a very good unix/rancor/darpa/drake, and began getting picked second or third. It just takes some time to join a community because THAT'S WHAT MUMBLE IS. We are a group of friends who play together. To suggest that mumble isn't that accepting is to misunderstand the dynamic that exists. We don't say a group of people is exclusive if they don't immediately consider you one of their group of friends. Just get to know people and stick around and you'll be accepted. We're generally fairly amiable people when we aren't ingame.

This has become a mumble rant - idk why. Sorry 'bout that.

Oo nice job lol though i know some people actually play better when they know what to do and just need a ping for attention. I have a friend in lol who sucks when he's on mic, but he plays a lot better when we take him off mic because he focuses more and has no one to rage to when he messes up. Rdunn and sashi got jobs i think so they're on at night for a couple of hours if at all. Its not like college when we could play until 4 am every night anymore. Real world op.

Yea I've been on 12 hour shifts the past 2 weeks because the only other person in the area I work in got suspended. I was told he would be back tomorrow but apparently it was today, so I get there and get told I'm back to my normal 9 hours and to come back later QQ. So yea my bro has been on my account mainly.

On topic, most of the pubhouses I've been in have always used the 1g1t bans, although sometimes the autos are different.

You have to ban voice chat on mumble too. And if you are going to ban individual heroes, you have to ban various hero combos as well.

You are just bad. Any excuse not to play and you will find one. Voice chat isnt exclusive to regular mumblers it is available for everyone.

You have to ban voice chat on mumble too. And if you are going to ban individual heroes, you have to ban various hero combos as well.

reported for trolling

i added a poll, just to see the favor of the idea, please vote,

as far as i can tell people are in favor of this but the pubstars seem a little bit apprehensive

Sadly, there aren't many "pubstars" who express their voice in the forum, you should go to the channel and talk this there instead of here. most Forum users are in the transition to mumble or are already part of the ih community. Like i said, i'll reinstall the game tonight and play a few games to see how my connection is doing.

Sadly, there aren't many "pubstars" who express their voice in the forum, you should go to the channel and talk this there instead of here. most Forum users are in the transition to mumble or are already part of the ih community. Like i said, i'll reinstall the game tonight and play a few games to see how my connection is doing.

the whole point of this is to mingle with the active members of the forum, and let them get a taste of organized games and hopefully will lead some of them to join mumble, all the while having fun

I heard there are people who don't even play this game anymore, yet troll these forums and incessantly talk about the "good old days".

boy r u mad because you have no "good old days" to talk about? And me not playing this game anymore doesnt make me any less skilled than any of you lol.

I play more pubs than Ih, just a few Ih. I have and use Mic sometimes on mumble but mostly with known people.

Since I started Moba's a century ago, it is annoying to hear some people raging, frustating and even to see how they think they work nice as war commanders. What I could say Childish frustating.

There is nice people too.

That sounds familiar to me.

I just played a pub versus pub game last night and it was a great success. We had IH players as well in both teams and it was a very enjoyable game.

Even pubbers whom have never played an IH did surprisingly well. Most of the players are recruited from the AOS chat lobby; and the time to get the game set up was quite fast.

We still had global bans on the game which was completely fine.

=)

So after a few days of this being up were at 81% in favor,

So lets say every Saturday at 8pm east 7 pm central, we mumblers and pubstars join chat channel AOSM , " Aeon of Storms Mingle,, This will be a dedicated chat channel for pubstars vs mumblers,

I look forward to seeing you all there and having some fantastic games!!!

The rules for each and every game will be decided on a game by game basis, By a majority vote, with the expection of Star Scream being an auto ban due to he is bugged and broken still.

Banning Starscream? One of the best NA pubstars (I think he is a pubstar, so hard to tell who is actually also a full mumble IHer, since I rarely visit it) mains him! Auto-bans should only be Ling, Boros, and Egon, the heroes with massive balance problems, not mild glitches (especially since good ss players never even get fly mode nowdays, and the rest is not bugged).