Sign in to follow this  
Hogwarts

An opportunity for pubstars to show their stuff

Mingle  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is the community up for this?

I propose on a weekly basis we have pubstars and mumblers mingle for competitive pubstar vs mumble games,

This can be every Firday or Sat, starting at 7 pm give or take pubstars and mumblers meet in an assigned channel for games,

Pubstars can show there stuff and knock the eletist mumblers off there ass,

Mumblers can prove that pubstars dont have what it takes to compete in the IH sceen,

These will be fun casual games, with 2-3 Global bans for each team, With Starscream auto banned because he is bugged and broken still,

There can be a thread in the competitive chat for this with the win's and losses or keep a tally of how many games are played and how many wins each side gets,

What does the AOS community as a whole think of this?

This is an NA thread, But i have an extra account and i know some other NA players who have extra NA accounts so EU can get involved also

I've never played IH because I work nights and my schedule doesn't allow. I probable won't be able to join these games. But I think it's a very good idea that will grow the community.

But to make games fair IH shouldn't be able to use mics.

EDIT

@Soedenone, if you are too scared to face pubstars without an advantage, that's cool.

loks god

imma supprt dis idae :) i laek ur post +1 dats how i roll

imma thrw a quik EDIT in

look dis pst nightShadow

wat a horrble idae lmao roflmao wat is he thinkn dey use miks if dey wanna aight small homie?

I've never played IH because I work nights and my schedule doesn't allow. I probable won't be able to join these games. But I think it's a very good idea that will grow the community.

But to make games fair IH shouldn't be able to use mics.

That would take away most of the point of this...

Dont ban heroes when playing vs pubstars... the only reason they are pubstars is because they play the easy heroes.. Banning for example a shadow will ruin it for a pubstar!

Dont ban heroes when playing vs pubstars... the only reason they are pubstars is because they play the easy heroes.. Banning for example a shadow will ruin it for a pubstar!

ur just a retard alot of the "pubstars" are actaully really good with alot of heroes and we dont need shadow or nova ur just ignorant and think ur god cause ur a IH

ur just a retard alot of the "pubstars" are actaully really good with alot of heroes and we dont need shadow or nova ur just ignorant and think ur god cause ur a IH

You see what I said in the other post? Ppl just want fights and flames.

You see what I said in the other post? Ppl just want fights and flames.

dude i was pointing out the fact that he is starting the crap by callin us nubs who can only use shadow...thats ignorant like i said

IH has not banned a shadow in ages, just saying

the bans are for banning hero comps and etc..

3 global banseach is 6 heros taken out of action, .......

and the mic thing thats just bm,

these games are ment for fun casual games as i said in the topic title, there not ranked hardcore competitive games

I think this idea has a lot of potential, but I would suggest that the rules should be negotiable. I see no reason to impose mumble IH rules on these games, since the objective would be to bring the community together. Perhaps the default can be SS auto banned (since he is bugged), and one global ban per team. If the two teams agree on a different number of bans, fine. If they can't agree, we can go with the default.

I think this idea will just fan the flames, the problem is that we divide our community in 2 sides, instead of being polite and nice with everyone, why can't we be friends?

It doesn't have to be IH vs. pub, we could mix it up. Also, this provides a new outlet for people to productively vent their frustrations.

You have to ban voice chat on mumble too. And if you are going to ban individual heroes, you have to ban various hero combos as well.

While we're at it, let's ban all forms of communication. No pinging our communicating via text. Heaven forbid people actually coordinate in a team game. Seriously, though, if you think you will be at a disadvantage for not having mumble, use the in game voice chat (or just get on mumble and talk to your team for the one game...).

I think this idea has a lot of potential, but I would suggest that the rules should be negotiable. I see no reason to impose mumble IH rules on these games, since the objective would be to bring the community together. Perhaps the default can be SS auto banned (since he is bugged), and one global ban per team. If the two teams agree on a different number of bans, fine. If they can't agree, we can go with the default.

It doesn't have to be IH vs. pub, we could mix it up. Also, this provides a new outlet for people to productively vent their frustrations.

While we're at it, let's ban all forms of communication. No pinging our communicating via text. Heaven forbid people actually coordinate in a team game. Seriously, though, if you think you will be at a disadvantage for not having mumble, use the in game voice chat (or just get on mumble and talk to your team for the one game...).

im fine with what ever :D i just want some unity

When pride is at stake, no game will be casual. Don't fool yourself and think they can all just have fun playing such a game. Altho in my era, ih wouldn't have to sweat much. Don't embarrass us bros!!!

I see no reason to impose mumble IH rules on these games, since the objective would be to bring the community together.

Seriously, though, if you think you will be at a disadvantage for not having mumble, use the in game voice chat (or just get on mumble and talk to your team for the one game...).

I'm confused...impose IH rules or not. In pubs people communicate with text because most people don't have mics.

dude i was pointing out the fact that he is starting the crap by callin us nubs who can only use shadow...thats ignorant like i said

and i just gave you the reason

I'm confused...impose IH rules or not. In pubs people communicate with text because most people don't have mics.

I suggested that the default be something of a compromise, but that the rules be negotiable from game to game. The current NA IH default is three global bans per team, so one global per team seemed like a reasonable compromise for the default rules.

Regarding my response to owl, I was being sarcastic. Clearly teams should be allowed to coordinate, and restricting coordination is silly, at best. Put another way, if you don't use some form of voice chat, that is a self-imposed choice. To prohibit voice chat in these games because some choose not to use voice chat makes no sense.

Put another way, if you don't use some form of voice chat, that is a self-imposed choice. To prohibit voice chat in these games because some choose not to use voice chat makes no sense.

1. Most pub players don't have mics

2. The in game voice chat is terrible and most of the time impossible to understand (this is why IH uses mumble)

A team with mics has a huge advantage over a team that doesn't. So if most pub players don't have mics then the IH shouldn't use them. If you find a team of pub players all with mics, that's cool. But to say you get the advantage of mics no matter what just "makes no sense"

1. Most pub players don't have mics

2. The in game voice chat is terrible and most of the time impossible to understand (this is why IH uses mumble)

A team with mics has a huge advantage over a team that doesn't. So if most pub players don't have mics then the IH shouldn't use them. If you find a team of pub players all with mics, that's cool. But to say you get the advantage of mics no matter what just "makes no sense"

1. I'm pretty sure this isn't true. Given that almost all modern laptops (and many desktops) include mics, and given the prevalence of Skype and other similar forms of communication, I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of pub players do have mics. Players who don't have mics can usually get a cheap mic for less than $10, and that mic has a host of other uses (video chat, VOIP, etc.). For the select few who can't afford a mic or otherwise can't talk, they can still listen to the other players using voice chat (this happens frequently on mumble).

2. Okay, use mumble, or some other form of voice communication. However, I've used the in-game voice chat before and while mumble is superior, the in-game option isn't completely worthless, IMO.

In other words, your argument is based on a false premise and you are talking about imposing a ban on functionality that is built into SC2. That makes as much sense as banning pings and text communication...