Sign in to follow this  
Aellectris

Heaven and Hell, but which: Public Players Vs "Mumblers"

To say that I'm better than the average pub player would be inaccurate-- I am more knowledgable.

However (sorry to bring this up), on the 3rd (in CA at least it was still the third), we played a game of League of Legends (as AoS was laggy to all hell and we didn't have 10 EU accounts).

While the game was loading, I asked, playing an IH for LoL for the first time ever, how to build Gankplank. Nobody said anything.

I got kicked from the game, and when I got back everybody else was already about level 5. Since nobody had told me how to build him, I grabbed what I grabbed last game-- I don't even remember my items.

Whale proceeded to rage at me because my boots were wrong (I got CD reduction boots), and I didn't have any "GP 5" items. After a very short time I was informed he meant the "you gain 5 gold every 10 seconds" items. So I bought a "Kage's Lucky Pick" [AP item, gives aforementioned 5g/10s].

Whale proceeded to rage at me more because Gankplank "has no AP scaling" and that I was wasting money, and then told me how to build him properly. [As a tank]

And then real-life got in the way so I had to leave. ><" (by the way, I don't mean to insult Whale, I'm just using it as an example because he rages a lot)

What I want to say about this-- the mumblers expect you to have lots of knowledge and be able to see every single mistake that you make before it happens, have lots of foreknowledge (it was my... sixth time playing Gankplank ever?), and expect anything.

Now, on the other hand, in a pub, you're just expected to not be a new user/newb/nub/new player/etc, not die, have fun, win.

I'm a fast typing-person, so I don't mind typing my MIAs and such at all-- but other people don't transition from typing to q-w-e-r stuff as fast as I do (I just have plenty of practice in that regard). I don't mind when my lane-mate dies, it's fine for some reason (they're new/there was an uncalled mia/assassin character), so I just try and help them along and ease them into that idea.

It's like me and how I used to play DARPA-- I could NOT, for the life of me, not die before Lv 6, so everybody thought I was a new person. Then I could actually show that I was good at the game and knew what I was doing once I got there. ><"

Really, the difference between a pub and mumble player is that mumble players talk and pub players type. Same rage, same stupid crap gets pulled, etc.-- the difference between a pub and IH game(playstyle and players) is different-- IH is more centered around teamfights and coordination whereas pubs star assassin or OP heroes to win-- get lots of hero kills so you can get items so you don't need to worry about a comeback.

Edit:: To continue on the environment created by players; the IH players chide and harass you when you don't do something right and EXPECT you to do it right and only reward excellence. In a pub setting, you get chided for doing wrong and complemented for doing right. Thus, because you get rewarded instead of having it be the expectation, one can feel much better, whereas an IH play will be more pronounced and whatever.

So I prefer pubs because less rage. =] But I like mumblers because they know what they're talking about.

The funny thing is is that both players agree on the OP heroes but for totally different reasons.

I think that Aellectris, one of the beast AOS players, gets too frustrated with people too easily and it ends up alienating people from the in house community. I don't give a flob when he rages at me, since personally I just laugh and then take note of what I did wrong and try to correct the bad play, but it's pretty clear that players like IOvOI do get alienated hard (and trolling them doesn't help) and I think that overall it's a negative. People could learn a lot from you and the overall skill in the community could improve a lot if you managed to find better ways to vent (my mom always told me to punch a pillow!). Whale rage just makes most people laugh and try to join channels he's in when he's raging.

If you want AOS to grow more in popularity then you have to make sacrifices to foster that. That's why slimjim was founded in the first place, to grow the sotis community at a time when we had MANY Aellectris types (extremely skilled, but extremely alienating to less skilled people) in the main mumble channels, to the point that people didn't want to go in there and anyone who did who wasn't immediately very skilled was scared or disgusted with the community day one. When you consider that some really high level players chose to start in slimjim and never would have been willing to start in the main lfg mumble channels, it means that you're scaring away people who have potential.

Rage is a huge part of gaming, I agree and since I've been a gamer all my life it doesn't phase me, but regardless of this, if you just tell everyone "lol who cares if they leave rage is part of the game" it's not going to stop people from leaving and it's still going to stunt the growth of the community. If anything I'd say that aos rage is extremely tame compared to the gaming communities I've been a part of in the past, but there's plenty of people who avoid mumble because of its reputation for it.

Please DO continue to rage at me since I'm going to need a lot of it while mastering the rest of the heroes but for nubs put it on tame mode or some shap.

tl;dr, please do rage at me because that's how i learn (when people get mad at me for flobing up, I'm less likely to forget how I flobed up later), but don't rage at the people who are nervous to even log into mumble and who you expect to suck in the first place. Just avoid playing with them if you're not willing to teach them in a nicer way, and if you do play with them start the game expecting to get owned so that it's no surprise.

All I want to say about this matter is this. Mumble is overrated, the only difference mumble has over pubs is a mic and team comps thats it. I can gather a team of pub stars that could go toe to toe with the best mumble team you can think of. in a best out of 10 pubs could get 5 or more wins.

Mumble does not consist of the best players whoever said that is trolling. That being said I consider myself not mumble or pub, I wont let you foolsRt label me lol. OH I ALMOST FORGOT DEMI YOU ARE ONE Of THEE MOST DIFFICULT PERSON TO GIVE ADVICE TO BECAUSE YOU BLAME WHATEVER HAPPENS ON EVERYONE ELSE. Umm that it all

OH I ALMOST FORGOT DEMI YOU ARE ONE Of THEE MOST DIFFICULT PERSON TO GIVE ADVICE TO BECAUSE YOU BLAME WHATEVER HAPPENS ON EVERYONE ELSE. Umm that it all

If you dont pull your weight you bet I blame you. Everybody is doing it.. What happened to whiny? XD and stuborn? XD Hope your gaming improved :P

I am assuming you are talking about pubbing...because in IH I am always quiet post game and I listen what they are discussing...often asking for feedback. In fact a lot of times in game while IH I blame my self for things and say sorry which prompts other people to tell me its ok..wasnt ur fault...etc...

OH I ALMOST FORGOT DEMI YOU ARE ONE Of THEE MOST DIFFICULT PERSON TO GIVE ADVICE TO BECAUSE YOU BLAME WHATEVER HAPPENS ON EVERYONE ELSE. Umm that it all

If you dont pull your weight you bet I blame you. Everybody is doing it.. What happened to whiny? XD and stuborn? XD Hope your gaming improved :P

I am assuming you are talking about pubbing...because in IH I am always quiet post game and I listen what they are discussing...often asking for feedback. In fact a lot of times in game while IH I blame my self for things and say sorry which prompts other people to tell me its ok..wasnt ur fault...etc...

Lol demi im top teir to answer your question and demi I have nothing against you personally but from the games that I played with you I jeard nothing but you saying how we are gonna lose and so fourth. You gave up before the game even started. And I will finish this post later when I get on my comp

All I want to say about this matter is this. Mumble is overrated, the only difference mumble has over pubs is a mic and team comps thats it. I can gather a team of pub stars that could go toe to toe with the best mumble team you can think of. in a best out of 10 pubs could get 5 or more wins.

Mumble does not consist of the best players whoever said that is trolling. That being said I consider myself not mumble or pub, I wont let you foolsRt label me lol. OH I ALMOST FORGOT DEMI YOU ARE ONE Of THEE MOST DIFFICULT PERSON TO GIVE ADVICE TO BECAUSE YOU BLAME WHATEVER HAPPENS ON EVERYONE ELSE. Umm that it all

THere are lots of bad players on mumble...but the best pubstar team would get raped by a top 5 IH team

Agreed +1

Thats the whole gaming part of all this. It will continue to be like this in EVERY game. Hell, Ive been here 1 month, and Ive been WAYY better then when I first started because of the heavy criticism that Ive taken from countless people.

I hear mainly whales giving you these heavy criticisms HAHAHAHA well I sometimes end up doing too bad because it's way too entertaining to hear

THere are lots of bad players on mumble...but the best pubstar team would get raped by a top 5 IH team

Well let's see if I can put together a pubstar team and pwn you :D

The only time I do really really bad is if someone is yelling at another person because it is both distracting and demoralizing for the whole team. I surprisingly haven't been yelled at ever. Oh yeah and the only other times I do terrible is when Aellectris is on my team lol

i enjoy competitve play as much as the next guy...but some people take it too far and rage soooo hard its funny but they treat AoS like its real life or something..its kinda sad

Thoughts on mumble: I've been pubbing for almost two years and finally felt like trying for mumble last month. I was about to quit Sotis until I found out about mumble because mumble ih is so much fun! However, when there are too many people in the mumble, it is hard to get picked to play in the ih. (you just have to work your way up to get ur name known I guess). I don't think I ever get raged at or have I ever seen anyone else get raged at really badly, so i duno what is all the talk about raging. Anyway, Mumble is definitely much more fun than pubbing.

I think a way for pub to improve is have people participate more in the AoS channel on sc2. People can arrange a group of friends or pubs first then challenge another pubbers on the chat by typing: Looking for 5v5, 4v4, 3v3 ih!.. kinda like scrimming in the old counterstrike on mIRC. I have my sc2 on whole day and only see few chat on the channel. I always see people saying "looking for game/party". Thats good, but is only for pub stomp, not really looking for a fun game that way. I wish to see more people asking for challenges scrim on AoS channel.

This one's going to be a doozy:

So yes, rage may often be for the benefit of the one being raged at, but that is not necessarily the best way to approach the situation. I have always enjoyed playing games, and when people speak down to me it just encourages me to progress and either make it to their level or surpass them. The same cannot be said of everyone else. Yes there is constructive "rage" that happens on mumble, but there is also rage that makes people never want to play with certain people for various reasons. This does not make for a contructive, enjoyable environment.

Rage happens more ingame, and when people don't cooperate. It's a stressful environment, especially if a team is losing. If you mess up, apologize and ask any of the ragers to move past it. Generally they will, unless you repeat what you did wrong initially.

QUOTE:

" One thing people don't realize is that the mumble atmosphere is pretty troll-y, and that when Whale and I rage at people, it's for their benefit. I became one of the top players because I listened when Dastarz, Kimbo, etc. raged at me. Also take advantage of when we aren't in a rage-mood and ask questions. If people listen when we say things, we don't rage. Teams need to listen to their better players if they plan on winning. The problem with rage is that people don't use it to improve, they just get offended and don't listen at all. That said, we try to accomodate new players. Any time we have had new mumblers, I've tried to re-arrange the picking so that any new players would get a chance to learn. I see people bad-mouthing other significantly more often in public games than in inhouse games, demonstrating to me that it's not specific to mumble, people just have more of a problem with audible raging instead of typed out rage."

I cant stop laughing...at how incorrect your statment is...and how many examples i can come up with when it clearly was not the case.... But whatever....mumble has always had 'clickes' and it was generally accepted. Its what happens when there is large number of people gathering in one place. Correction: Large number of people with large egoes getting together. Getting into good enviroment to learn that will foster new skills and improve your game or even feeling welcomed was never a norm...even less so today despite of what you think or want to happen. More then ever, its the same people playing against eachother then before......and for record most people complain about DaStarz and BIshop in the past but they were never, not a single time mean to me after game or during game while you and your significant other took it far far beyond. :P My recomendation to pub stars: have fun! You can have instant communication with or without mumble. Its up to you . You know where you are at and how far you want to take your gaming.

A single tread can't and won' t change peoples behavor permanently.

If you want to be a leader of community its simple: don't rage and don't BM. You have to set aside you personal feelings for the sake of community. If you can not do that, nothing wrong with it, step aside and let people who CAN do their best. Saying that you rage for 'benefit' of others is a poor excuse of someone who is looking for excuse. It also creates enviroment where certain people feel like they can say anything just about anything to anyone without consequence....which I am sorry to say has become a norm in mumble today. I would rather see enviroment in which people come to play competatively without added stress of raging or people putting you down or creating politically unpleasant enviroment I would rather see community in which every member can feel included and respected despite of their 'level' of gaming......I realise I am just dreaming......

I'll do my best not to get aggravated at you for your audacity, Demiax. First, you give no such examples. Second, you base whether someone rages or not on whether they did at you. I was personally there for times in which DaStarz either raged at, or about you. Also, keep in mind that you were gone for the majority of this time period. I was originally brought on mumble by one of my pub star teammates, Ace, whom you brought to mumble. He told me you had brought him on, but that you were on vacation or something for a long while. Third, a thread can help clarify issues.

On your second paragraph: First, like I said, gaming is a stressful environment. I made it one of my goals to refrain from raging for an extended period of time, because I was asked if I wanted to become a mod. I said that I didn't want to because it would take up too much of my time. I stopped caring about whether or not I raged right around the time that I was apparently "reported," along with Peas and Marche by Kathycakes, despite how Peas and I were just there listening to Marche rage. Both of them can attest to this. Second, people can feel respected.

I realized a bit ago that you didn't like me, because I had gotten really mad at you when our team put together a comp, and you said "No, I'm picking boros and I'm going bottom, and I don't care whether you all want me to or not." As a result, I tried to remedy things with you, and your response was "I don't care, I don't like you and I'm keeping you muted."

Later on, Demiax, you were wondering why you weren't being picked for any inhouses. I kept you unmuted so it would be possible to communicate with you. Knowing that you had me muted, I typed in mumble chat that more than 50% of the people playing in the inhouse had muted you for similar reasons to why I had you muted for a temporary span of time. You then asked me to explain more what I meant. I asked you to unmute me and to have a conversation with me, and your response was that you didn't care and didn't like me and so I should type everything out for you to read. I don't know what could possibly make an environment more unpleasant than that. I actually went to an administrator (not a mod, an admin), and asked how I could fix things with you, and was told something like, "Demiax never listens , mute her and ignore her if she won't try to fix things."

Honestly Demiax...the reason why you have incurred as much rage as you have is because you are more vocal then you were in the pre 6.0 era. Now that you are more vocal, it has become clear how stubborn, whiny, and impermeable to advice you can be. I'll leave it there.

That aside, rage is a part and parcel of gaming....especially this genre. If you cant flobing take it, dont play, at least not competitively. Sure people sometimes cross lines, but that will never change....and if it bothers you TOO much then mumble is not for you. Indeed, AOS is hyper competitive, and if you cant take it as seriously as its competitive players do, organize your own games or stick to pubs.

Peas' opinion, while it may be somewhat unkind, is the opinion of a large percentage of the mumble community, for the reasons I explained in my above response.

LOL Peas, thank you for proving my point. The minute i disagree is atumoaticlly when i whine. Thanks. Excellent example of what I was saying> Some people like to say just about anything to people without backing it up and without consequence.

Rage is a part of gaming, rage was never a part of leadership. Constant raging is also not part of ' you are whiny and stubborn therefore you deserve it' notion as well. Its is more a part of " Shut up and do what you are told because i am more important' and all who know me will tell you I am not submissive type. You'll get me to do anything being nice just about anything but you will never succeed anything with rage other then make me stubburn. So don't blame your lack of skills on me buddy.

Demiax, I tried time and again to reason with you, or to give good advice. You incur rage when someone says reasonably that you need to do X, and your response is "No I don't have to, I know how to play and you don't get to tell me what to do!" There are players that are better than you, and things you can still learn (I'm sure we all have such things), so people are aggravated when you blatantly ignore what people are saying and respond aggressively. Keep in mind that my post here isn't antagonistic. I'm entirely calm, and not raging right now. I've made an effort to remedy things with you that have been rejected. Don't claim that I just dislike you and so disagree with you here.

You say, "You'll get me to do anything being nice just about anything but you will never succeed anything with rage other then make me stubburn." This is clearly not the case. You don't listen, Demiax, and that's something you need to work on. I personally need to work on it as well, but you should know that so do you.

Agreed +1

Thats the whole gaming part of all this. It will continue to be like this in EVERY game. Hell, Ive been here 1 month, and Ive been WAYY better then when I first started because of the heavy criticism that Ive taken from countless people.

It isn't always like this. When playing League of Legends, I mess up pretty often because I'm fairly new. I incur rage from WhaleTits et al, but my response is "Okay, I realize I did that wrong. Stop raging and tell me how to fix it." I then fix what I did wrong and keep working on it. Voila, less rage.

I remember trying to IH once in NA.

this was during the beta test for nova/cain. Some phaggot was just piling on so much shiet at me over my build for Cain (I'd misread the operation of his ulti). Most mumblers laughed along. I didn't have a mic so I couldn't really respond.

And I never went back.

Honestly, most mumblers are just huge phaggots with huge attitudes.

EDIT: Actually i DO want to know who it was that piled on the shap.

-I was playing first time in NA Mumble

-some kid gave up his spot to let me play

-I was playing Cain with a Timescale Build, the other Cain had the weapon speed build. We lost.

-who was the big talker????

I want to know for when I do go back to NA.

Come on man, name-calling isn't helping anyone here. If you had a problem on mumble, type out that you made a mistake and won't do it again. That tends to get people to shut up. I know that I try actively to teach people how to fix what they do wrong, and won't rage much if I get a feeling that they've listened and understand. That said, when someone repeatedly makes the same mistake over and over and over again, that makes people mad.

This is an example of the problem this thread is addressing. When someone is 'vocal', he/she will be attacked and put down. This has now onto personal attack without facts. And why would any new players want to join such a community? There is no atmosphere to foster and nuture. Just shut up and do what you are told. That is if I am in a good mood to pass onto any advise.

Den, people aren't attacked and put down just for being vocal. Peas was addressing Demiax's comment on Dastarz not raging at her, which he attributed to her not talking as much back then. I was around, this was the case. Demiax's issues more came into play when she started yelling at people about how she knows what she's doing in mumble, rather than listening. These are "facts," not a "personal attack." The atmosphere can be perfectly fine, but people need to be more open to how they have things still to learn. Also, keep in mind that during a game, the mentality may be "shut up and do what you're told" because there's only so much time to explain things. After a game, I'm totally willing to teach people anything that they want to know. Gyro came to me and asked me to come teach him how to do some stuff, and that's exactly what I did. People will say to do something and not to argue about it because we don't have time in-game to explain lengthy justifications for why Erekul is a character that should be used as a tank rather than sitting behind the rest of the team and waiting to ult (to use an example that we often tried to convince Demiax of). In-game, Whale and I need people do do what we say, when we say it, or we lose. After the game, we're happy to explain why it is that you should do something in particular, but during the game we don't have time.

I think that Aellectris, one of the beast AOS players, gets too frustrated with people too easily and it ends up alienating people from the in house community. I don't give a flob when he rages at me, since personally I just laugh and then take note of what I did wrong and try to correct the bad play, but it's pretty clear that players like IOvOI do get alienated hard (and trolling them doesn't help) and I think that overall it's a negative. People could learn a lot from you and the overall skill in the community could improve a lot if you managed to find better ways to vent (my mom always told me to punch a pillow!). Whale rage just makes most people laugh and try to join channels he's in when he's raging.

If you want AOS to grow more in popularity then you have to make sacrifices to foster that. That's why slimjim was founded in the first place, to grow the sotis community at a time when we had MANY Aellectris types (extremely skilled, but extremely alienating to less skilled people) in the main mumble channels, to the point that people didn't want to go in there and anyone who did who wasn't immediately very skilled was scared or disgusted with the community day one. When you consider that some really high level players chose to start in slimjim and never would have been willing to start in the main lfg mumble channels, it means that you're scaring away people who have potential.

Rage is a huge part of gaming, I agree and since I've been a gamer all my life it doesn't phase me, but regardless of this, if you just tell everyone "lol who cares if they leave rage is part of the game" it's not going to stop people from leaving and it's still going to stunt the growth of the community. If anything I'd say that aos rage is extremely tame compared to the gaming communities I've been a part of in the past, but there's plenty of people who avoid mumble because of its reputation for it.

Please DO continue to rage at me since I'm going to need a lot of it while mastering the rest of the heroes but for nubs put it on tame mode or some shap.

tl;dr, please do rage at me because that's how i learn (when people get mad at me for flobing up, I'm less likely to forget how I flobed up later), but don't rage at the people who are nervous to even log into mumble and who you expect to suck in the first place. Just avoid playing with them if you're not willing to teach them in a nicer way, and if you do play with them start the game expecting to get owned so that it's no surprise.

I'll be honest, I was just messing with IOVOI outside of this thread. That was intentional. Sorry 'bout that, but I was really annoyed at IOVOI's posts about how bad the mumble community is. Just tell me to stop raging, and that you're willing to listen, and I'll stop raging and teach instead. I'm just going to take out my anger if people don't listen, but if people are wiling to learn, I'll teach everyone how to actually play.

Like I said, the average mumble player is better than the average pub, that doesn't mean that all mumblers are better than all pubs. No directed and personal attack please. Take it elsewhere.

None of the personal attacks please.

I am assuming you are talking about pubbing...because in IH I am always quiet post game and I listen what they are discussing...often asking for feedback.

This is blatantly false. Also, keep in mind you have the two players with the best source of knowledge for advice muted.

Lol demi im top teir to answer your question and demi I have nothing against you personally but from the games that I played with you I jeard nothing but you saying how we are gonna lose and so fourth. You gave up before the game even started. And I will finish this post later when I get on my comp

Please disregard this.

I've seen pubs beat mumblers, and vice versa. The top 5 mumblers could probably beat the top 5 pubs, but it could still be a damn close game. It's more about those who aren't at the very very top than those who are. The tier 2 of pubs is far outmatched by the tier 2 of mumble, but the top few are fairly close in skill level.

I hear mainly whales giving you these heavy criticisms HAHAHAHA well I sometimes end up doing too bad because it's way too entertaining to hear

Well let's see if I can put together a pubstar team and pwn you :D

The only time I do really really bad is if someone is yelling at another person because it is both distracting and demoralizing for the whole team. I surprisingly haven't been yelled at ever. Oh yeah and the only other times I do terrible is when Aellectris is on my team lol

Hey now, I helped out too! And yeah, you've failed on my team. BUT I CAN HELP WITH PEOPLE FAILING IF THEY ASK QUESTIONS!

i enjoy competitve play as much as the next guy...but some people take it too far and rage soooo hard its funny but they treat AoS like its real life or something..its kinda sad

People care about things they helped build, it's how life works.

Thoughts on mumble: I've been pubbing for almost two years and finally felt like trying for mumble last month. I was about to quit Sotis until I found out about mumble because mumble ih is so much fun! However, when there are too many people in the mumble, it is hard to get picked to play in the ih. (you just have to work your way up to get ur name known I guess). I don't think I ever get raged at or have I ever seen anyone else get raged at really badly, so i duno what is all the talk about raging. Anyway, Mumble is definitely much more fun than pubbing.

I think a way for pub to improve is have people participate more in the AoS channel on sc2. People can arrange a group of friends or pubs first then challenge another pubbers on the chat by typing: Looking for 5v5, 4v4, 3v3 ih!.. kinda like scrimming in the old counterstrike on mIRC. I have my sc2 on whole day and only see few chat on the channel. I always see people saying "looking for game/party". Thats good, but is only for pub stomp, not really looking for a fun game that way. I wish to see more people asking for challenges scrim on AoS channel.

This is also good. If public players want to interact with mumblers just by playing against them, ask about it in the Aeon of Storms channel, and everyone can see for themselves if mumble is good to play against, and if people want to join up. I was a "pub star" for quite a while, but have gotten much better since joining mumble.

WHAT IS THIS? MY RAGE MAKES PEOPLE LAUGH AND THEY FIND IT ENTERTAINING??!?!?!?!!?!? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FIND ME INTIMIDATING DAMNIT!!! FUUUUU

is it the new mic?

its the new mic isn't it...

flob WHY did i get a good mic that accurately records my rage instead of making it all garbled and intimidating1!!!!1111oneoneone

re: eliwan. sorry, LoL makes me rage TEN times harder then AoS

When people rage at other people on mumble it is better to just ignore them. I could care less if it's for my "benefit". You want to help me improve then you stop flobing yelling and insulting and just calmly say what i did wrong and how to improve it. Raging provides no benefit for other players. It demotivates players and causes players not wanting to play with other certain players. For AoS I would have to say that Whale is the worst rager. There are times where his "beneficial" rage (not so much) just turns into insult on how stupid and idiotic someone is. At times it is funny, but other times it is just annoying to hear and shouldn't be tolerated seeing as it is a mumble rule. Yes there will always be raging in games, but that doesn't mean it should be allowed and saying if you can't handle it then leave isn't acceptable. Mumble is to play a more competitive game of AoS and to have fun. Just because someone won't tolerate rage does not mean they should just get off mumble.

And honestly they're not that many IHers with a large ego. I would say Aellectris has the biggest ego on mumble. A good player with a large ego goes hand in hand though.

Others play for fun and thats it. No ego and no rage. Such as AwesomeClock and Adamantium.

So basically just play how you want. Don't purposely screw your team over, but play the way you're best at. If you want to take advice from people thats great, but dont think it is necessary to do so. There is no rule saying you have to take advice. Even if Whale insults your intelligence because of it :)

@Aellectris

You shouldn't even take Whale's advice on LoL. No one on this mumble server has over a 1400 elo, which is awful. So their "advice" isn't even close to being the best.

When people rage at other people on mumble it is better to just ignore them. I could care less if it's for my "benefit". You want to help me improve then you stop flobing yelling and insulting and just calmly say what i did wrong and how to improve it. Raging provides no benefit for other players. It demotivates players and causes players not wanting to play with other certain players. For AoS I would have to say that Whale is the worst rager. There are times where his "beneficial" rage (not so much) just turns into insult on how stupid and idiotic someone is. At times it is funny, but other times it is just annoying to hear and shouldn't be tolerated seeing as it is a mumble rule. Yes there will always be raging in games, but that doesn't mean it should be allowed and saying if you can't handle it then leave isn't acceptable. Mumble is to play a more competitive game of AoS and to have fun. Just because someone won't tolerate rage does not mean they should just get off mumble.

And honestly they're not that many IHers with a large ego. I would say Aellectris has the biggest ego on mumble. A good player with a large ego goes hand in hand though.

Others play for fun and thats it. No ego and no rage. Such as AwesomeClock and Adamantium.

So basically just play how you want. Don't purposely screw your team over, but play the way you're best at. If you want to take advice from people thats great, but dont think it is necessary to do so. There is no rule saying you have to take advice. Even if Whale insults your intelligence because of it :)

thar we go. I know i rage really flobing hard, and that sometimes it just devolves into personal attacks, and that I have a fat ass ego that i'm trying to manage, so i approve of this message except the part pertaining to revolution. Prior to the "raging really flobing hard with an ego to boot" i calmly give you plenty of advice, but then you ignore it. THATS when i rage >.<. not the other way around.

-Whats that? your playing Ashe? Ok build an iedge and phantom dancer, and then a blood thirster. (20 minutes later). Wait ashe, why the hell do you have a nashor's tooth. Get an iedge. (10 minutes later) Are you... building a madreds?! (10 minutes later) Ashe is 0-10 and the game is over. Commence Whale Ragemode. (1 minute later). OK screw that. lets just do another match. (Revolution picks Ashe and proceeds to do the exact same thing again). Ok revolution your permanently muted so i know not to play any more games with you, cause hell, i want to play a team game, not a rage game.

thar we go. I know i rage really flobing hard, and that sometimes it just devolves into personal attacks, and that I have a fat ass ego that i'm trying to manage, so i approve of this message except the part pertaining to revolution. Prior to the "raging really flobing hard with an ego to boot" i calmly give you plenty of advice, but then you ignore it. THATS when i rage >.<. not the other way around.

-Whats that? your playing Ashe? Ok build an iedge and phantom dancer, and then a blood thirster. (20 minutes later). Wait ashe, why the hell do you have a nashor's tooth. Get an iedge. (10 minutes later) Are you... building a madreds?! (10 minutes later) Ashe is 0-10 and the game is over. Commence Whale Ragemode. (1 minute later). OK screw that. lets just do another match. (Revolution picks Ashe and proceeds to do the exact same thing again). Ok revolution your permanently muted so i know not to play any more games with you, cause hell, i want to play a team game, not a rage game.

Whale that wasn't me lol that was Alice... I build Ashe with AS boots, IE, PD and Bloodthirster every game. You muted me because of the ARAM game when we were losing and i said in mumble PANIC MODE TEEMO and for the next 5 minutes ran around in a circle going AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. ask Pally he was there.

Aellectris: "I realized a bit ago that you didn't like me, because I had gotten really mad at you when our team put together a comp, and you said "No, I'm picking boros and I'm going bottom, and I don't care whether you all want me to or not." As a result, I tried to remedy things with you, and your response was "I don't care, I don't like you and I'm keeping you muted."

DEMIAX: Are you talking about a game in which I was a captain and which I set up with pubstars? I think you are. I invited you to do a game with me vs pubstars. You wanted me to go long lane with boros first game, and though i did not LIKE it and was general consensus that boros does a lot better in short lane at the time I ACCEPTED. I went top and did not do well. When we lost that game, before we even started nextone I said ok. I am gonna be Boros again but I am going bottom. I cant remember composition we had but I do remebere clearly that BOTH you and Marche had heros that did WELL IN LONG LANE. You then took over room, started screaming at me, disrespected me and told EVERYBODY in the room to MUTE me, just like that, I wasnt even arguing. You and Marche. THIS WENT ON ENTIRE GAME. I IGNORED the fact that i was in fact captain, I ignored the fact that game was happening because I invited you, and finished the game DESPITE of what i would call WORST BAD MANNERS i have ever encountered in mumble or IH or anygame ever. But I was gonna learn that show was hardly over. THEN you went to another channel and started to tell people who werent even INVOLVED in game to MUTE me. So yeah...if you reffering to that event, yeah I was mad and did not need to hear your explanaition.

Aellectris: Later on, Demiax, you were wondering why you weren't being picked for any inhouses. I kept you unmuted so it would be possible to communicate with you. Knowing that you had me muted, I typed in mumble chat that more than 50% of the people playing in the inhouse had muted you for similar reasons to why I had you muted for a temporary span of time. You then asked me to explain more what I meant. I asked you to unmute me and to have a conversation with me, and your response was that you didn't care and didn't like me and so I should type everything out for you to read. I don't know what could possibly make an environment more unpleasant than that. I actually went to an administrator (not a mod, an admin), and asked how I could fix things with you, and was told something like, "Demiax never listens , mute her and ignore her if she won't try to fix things."

I seriously doubt that that is what they told you. And I SERIOSULY DOUBT they knew what actually happen. I never reported you. I should have. I cant imagine person more deserving of being banned. But whatev...I still do not forgive you...I cant imagine how anyone would.

Aellectris: Demiax, I tried time and again to reason with you, or to give good advice. You incur rage when someone says reasonably that you need to do X, and your response is "No I don't have to, I know how to play and you don't get to tell me what to do!" There are players that are better than you, and things you can still learn (I'm sure we all have such things), so people are aggravated when you blatantly ignore what people are saying and respond aggressively. Keep in mind that my post here isn't antagonistic. I'm entirely calm, and not raging right now. I've made an effort to remedy things with you that have been rejected. Don't claim that I just dislike you and so disagree with you here.

You say, "You'll get me to do anything being nice just about anything but you will never succeed anything with rage other then make me stubburn." This is clearly not the case. You don't listen, Demiax, and that's something you need to work on. I personally need to work on it as well, but you should know that so do you.

Demiax: I dont listen to you Aellectris it is something I have no problem to say. Reffer to my post above....I have played with Whale and managed to play 3 games IH without him raging at me. I deserve a medal XD...just kiddin. I take it to heart it happened cuz we all know Whale well. XD When I am in IH I am honest, i dont know what to do I say it. Many times Whale told me what to build...and I did. I seriously can count on fingers game where I disagreed with anything and I ALWAYS listened.

re: eliwan. sorry, LoL makes me rage TEN times harder then AoS

Despite this, when I fix what I do wrong, Whale will stop raging (mostly). It's just about fixing things.

Personally, I disagree about having the biggest ego (at least, unfoundedly). I entirely admit that I'm not very good at League of Legends, and I know that I wasn't nearly the best before the mass exodus of good players. I say I'm one of the best because I objectively am one of the best players on the mumble server right now. When that is no longer the case, I'll admit it and work on being better.

I wish raging were a bannable offense, but mumble isn't really moderated effectively. Once I realized that was going to stay the case, I stopped moderating myself.

"I realized a bit ago that you didn't like me, because I had gotten really mad at you when our team put together a comp, and you said "No, I'm picking boros and I'm going bottom, and I don't care whether you all want me to or not." As a result, I tried to remedy things with you, and your response was "I don't care, I don't like you and I'm keeping you muted."

DEMIAX: Are you talking about a game in which I was a captain and which I set up with pubstars? I think you are. I invited you to do a game with me vs pubstars. You wanted me to go long lane with boros first game, and though i did not LIKE it and was general consensus that boros does a lot better in short lane at the time I ACCEPTED. I went top and did not do well. When we lost that game, before we even started nextone I said ok. I am gonna be Boros again but I am going bottom. I cant remember composition we had but I do remebere clearly that BOTH you and Marche had heros that did WELL IN LONG LANE. You then took over room, started screaming at me, disrespected me and told EVERYBODY in the room to MUTE me, just like that, I wasnt even arguing. You and Marche. THIS WENT ON ENTIRE GAME. I IGNORED the fact that i was in fact captain, I ignored the fact that game was happening because I invited you, and finished the game DESPITE of what i would call WORST BAD MANNERS i have ever encountered in mumble or IH or anygame ever. But I was gonna learn that show was hardly over. THEN you went to another channel and started to tell people who werent even INVOLVED in game to MUTE me. So yeah...if you reffering to that event, yeah I was mad and did not need to hear your explanaition.

Later on, Demiax, you were wondering why you weren't being picked for any inhouses. I kept you unmuted so it would be possible to communicate with you. Knowing that you had me muted, I typed in mumble chat that more than 50% of the people playing in the inhouse had muted you for similar reasons to why I had you muted for a temporary span of time. You then asked me to explain more what I meant. I asked you to unmute me and to have a conversation with me, and your response was that you didn't care and didn't like me and so I should type everything out for you to read. I don't know what could possibly make an environment more unpleasant than that. I actually went to an administrator (not a mod, an admin), and asked how I could fix things with you, and was told something like, "Demiax never listens , mute her and ignore her if she won't try to fix things."

I seriously doubt that that is what they told you. And I SERIOSULY DOUBT they knew what actually happen. I never reported you. I should have. I cant imagine person more deserving of being banned. But whatev...I still do not forgive you...I cant imagine how anyone would.

In that specific game, I told the team to mute you to continue to play because they were all raging too hard. I also said that I would keep you unmuted myself, and that I would relay information between you and the rest of the team, because they weren't going to listen. They all wanted to quit, I asked them not to quit, but rather to mute you temporarily and play the game. I also apologized, whereas you didn't for anything. There was nothing to report me for. I wasn't bad-mannered after a few minutes, because there was nothing I could do about you playing boros and not listening to the comp (In which, by the way, you weren't supposed to play boros, meaning that boros being in the long lane wasn't a problem).

Demiax, I tried time and again to reason with you, or to give good advice. You incur rage when someone says reasonably that you need to do X, and your response is "No I don't have to, I know how to play and you don't get to tell me what to do!" There are players that are better than you, and things you can still learn (I'm sure we all have such things), so people are aggravated when you blatantly ignore what people are saying and respond aggressively. Keep in mind that my post here isn't antagonistic. I'm entirely calm, and not raging right now. I've made an effort to remedy things with you that have been rejected. Don't claim that I just dislike you and so disagree with you here.

I dont listen to you Aellectris it is something I have no problem to say. Reffer to my post above....I have played with Whale and managed to play 3 games IH without him raging at me. I take it to heart it happened cuz we all know Whale well. XD When I am in IH I am honest, i dont know what to do I say it. Many times Whale told me what to build...and I did. I seriously can count on fingers game where I disagreed with anything and I ALWAYS listened.

I've apologized in the past, you haven't (though probably should have as well), and you just told me that I'm "beyond forgiving," because I was mad at you for completely disregarding your entire team. I feel as though I'm not the exclusionary one in the mumble community in this instance.

And, seriously? I'm beyond forgiving because I was angry at your for disregarding your team one time, in an instance that it seems you don't remember clearly, as that's not how it happened...What in the world is going on here? That's really unreasonable.

Honestly, the fact that I'm the one apologizing instead of you is somewhat astonishing. I'm willing to bet that anyone who was present for that situation (Other than Marche) would agree with me.

Aellectris: In that specific game, I told the team to mute you to continue to play because they were all raging too hard. I also said that I would keep you unmuted myself, and that I would relay information between you and the rest of the team, because they weren't going to listen. They all wanted to quit, I asked them not to quit, but rather to mute you temporarily and play the game. I also apologized, whereas you didn't for anything. There was nothing to report me for. I wasn't bad-mannered after a few minutes, because there was nothing I could do about you playing boros and not listening to the comp (In which, by the way, you weren't supposed to play boros, meaning that boros being in the long lane wasn't a problem).

DEMIAX: What problem was obviously is that I was a captain. And you and Marche went on raging because you didnt want to go top lane. And want you it was somebody else who unmuted me...

Aellectris: I've apologized in the past, you haven't (though probably should have as well), and you just told me that I'm "beyond forgiving," because I was mad at you for completely disregarding your entire team. I feel as though I'm not the exclusionary one in the mumble community in this instance.

DEMIAX: You never applogised to me to the best of my knowledge. Not you nor Marche nor the team that was there. You are completely oblivious to what actually occured and you are minimisingmagnitute of role you played.

Aellectris: Finally, seriously? I'm beyond forgiving because I was angry at your for disregarding your team one time, in an instance that it seems you don't remember clearly, as that's not how it happened...What in the world is going on here? That's really unreasonable.

Demiax: Unreasonable? lol...have you read my post? You werent angry you were malicious. And there was no reason to be angry. I initiated a game, I was one who set it up, I was captain and so called team was supposed to listen what i said. Isnt that what you do with Captian in your team? Or do you order them around as well? Cuz then really whats a point of being team Captain...might as well not have it. That would have happened per usual if you and Marche didnt go on Tyrade how you dont want to play top lane....whining then raging. Like I told you before, you cant go someone house kill their favorite pet and then ask for forgivness.....and call them unreasonable for not doing so. You cant order people to forgive you....and I cant forgive you. I can't imagine how anyone would.

Sadly its not the first time nor I imagine last time people will attack me maliciously, pretend they are reasoning with me while personally attacking me, denying me my rights to speak and MY RIGHT to chose who I will respect. Pease already did it, I am sure more will come. I know all of mumblers and I know who ragerers are and I know who likes me and who doesnt.....and unless you have enough respect to hear feedback and ocassionally accept disagreement then there is no team, there is no team playing there is no leadership and I do not want to be part of it. :P

?

captains are just used to pick teams, and get the game going. there are LEADERS who take command of games, but thats more of a personality thing (ie. i tend to take control of a game regardless if i'm captain or not)

I was jungling, that wasn't my concern. Clearly you don't remember quite what happened. I tried to apologize, but every time I asked to talk to you, you said no. You have the right to choose who you respect, but recognize that it's unreasonable. You have the right to be unreasonable, but don't kid yourself that you're in the right here. I do hear feedback, you just don't give any. This conversation is irrelevant to the topic, so I won't address it again.

Den, people aren't attacked and put down just for being vocal. Peas was addressing Demiax's comment on Dastarz not raging at her, which he attributed to her not talking as much back then. I was around, this was the case. Demiax's issues more came into play when she started yelling at people about how she knows what she's doing in mumble, rather than listening. These are "facts," not a "personal attack." The atmosphere can be perfectly fine, but people need to be more open to how they have things still to learn. Also, keep in mind that during a game, the mentality may be "shut up and do what you're told" because there's only so much time to explain things. After a game, I'm totally willing to teach people anything that they want to know. Gyro came to me and asked me to come teach him how to do some stuff, and that's exactly what I did. People will say to do something and not to argue about it because we don't have time in-game to explain lengthy justifications for why Erekul is a character that should be used as a tank rather than sitting behind the rest of the team and waiting to ult (to use an example that we often tried to convince Demiax of). In-game, Whale and I need people do do what we say, when we say it, or we lose. After the game, we're happy to explain why it is that you should do something in particular, but during the game we don't have time.

Thank you for your reply. It seems there is a double standard... in which only certain people are allowed to 'yell' or 'rage', and others are not. otherwise, that person will incure 'rage' from 'the rest of the mumble community'..... in which disagreement is not allowed? Disagreement always happen, especially in a game, so not doing what you were told will lead to losing a game? People should always be able to disagree without labels being put on, such as whiny, stubborn, etc.( and thats not personal attack!!) And the issue in question with Demiax was that both of you do not want to go bottom lane at the start of the game... so... you being the best player cant go bottom without losing the game?