zazzn

Lethal Barb

I don't have any issue with the item as is, but I think it needs to build into something further, as investing 1900 to an "OK' item is not fantastic, even worse that it doesn't build into anything further. Would love to see it become a component to something else that it could synergize with. 

Lethal Barb is supposed to be a super cost-effective DPS and Attack Speed item in early to mid-game. I think it´s not meant to build into anything else.

Edited by sYnc

Stats on it are worth 1851 so it isn't that efficient.

But +75% weapon speed on the active is a lot and apparently worth 3k mins

Edited by Yaldi

Let's be real, you'll never get a lethal only otherwise it's worthless. 

I was doing some testing in test mode

Shade

LVL 8
Fury, Might
7000 Kali + Lethal  ? made a mistake here need to check again DPS, active 269 DPS
1.28/.73 wep speed 196 base damage

7650  Pyer + C-48 221 DPS .
76 wep speed 168 base damage

48 damage for 6 seconds vs having 67 less most of the game along with 15% more physical damage vs 66% evasion seems like it's a no brainer to go the pyer/c48 route. 

I'll test with someone else in a game but I'm sure the C48 will win a one on one fight which is the only thing you would use the lethal for since any CC=dead.

Edited by zazzn

Just tried building this for nova, as I figured with crit would help... Seems to be a hot pile of sheet... Other combos do more damage and do not put you at risk by removing 15% of your armor.  Anyone else have input on this?

Very situational as this item can kill you if enemy team has competent mage but I have had success with it in IH on nova, huntress, and defiler. And it seemed good enough to stomp a pub with zeratul. Think of it as splitting/farm/ganking tool. Go to side lane, kill creep wave and if no one is defending use barb on tower, if someone is defending use barb on neuts. Pairs well with shinobi for ganks.

1 hour ago, Revision said:

Very situational as this item can kill you if enemy team has competent mage but I have had success with it in IH on nova, huntress, and defiler. And it seemed good enough to stomp a pub with zeratul. Think of it as splitting/farm/ganking tool. Go to side lane, kill creep wave and if no one is defending use barb on tower, if someone is defending use barb on neuts. Pairs well with shinobi for ganks.

That's the problem for an item that is supposed to not scale to late game and is only kinda viable mid-game it's pretty crap. By 4 items, in int casters can usually destroy an aa hero if they combo Vs other AA heros it's bad, vs tanks it's ultra bad. So basically it's a 1900$ farm item at best a situational gank item. I just saying it needs more value for the downsides. The only hero it pretty good on is nova due to the crit chance. Maybe melee heros should get extra speed from the item since they are much more likely to take damage. 

I compare this item to items valued around the same but are much more useful... Gauss cannon, phase cloak, Ghosting, photo deviator, hunters knife. 

Edited by zazzn

I do like situational items but the question is how often this is worth to pick up in a seriour game.

For melee heroes Bioplasma feels like a more solid choice for many reasons (you are much more likely to absorb dmg, Bioplasma don't have a melee penality cd etc, lifesteal higher attack speed % for  short periods of burst etc).  Obivously that does come at a different price.

A while back the item gave attack speed and attack bonus damage ( prior to Bioplasma was introdued). Back then I used to pick this item up occasionally on heroes such as Nova, Darpa etc where I could use it together with the shionobi passive ( and darpa W) or Nova R, for some high burst.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like Bioplasma may have stole the spotlight here. 

^^^^ 1000%, bio is 10 times the item lethal for none of the risks, and waiting for 1200 more minerals is such a small window to make the lethal worth it for all the risks associated with it. 

Edited by zazzn