BlackCat

Aegis active graphics

I know Aegis' active graphics were made more visible to cater to players with lower graphics, however I feel its a bit too obvious and lets DPS too easily stop attacking until its over. Now the enemy player has to either be not paying attention at all or a newb player to keep attacking the that massive red box after 1 hit. Can it be made a little less obvious? 

2 hours ago, BlackCat said:

I know Aegis' active graphics were made more visible to cater to players with lower graphics, however I feel its a bit too obvious and lets DPS too easily stop attacking until its over. Now the enemy player has to either be not paying attention at all or a newb player to keep attacking the that massive red box after 1 hit. Can it be made a little less obvious? 

I do not think the point of Aegis is to necessarily kill champions and rather to stop enemy pushes or slow them down long enough to organize a defense. Therefore the current visibility seems fine. 

Aegis isn't a purely anti-dps item - it reflects all damage and some damage can't stop once it starts like DPS. You can reflect things like Queen's Banelings and Maar's meteors for example, or Pyro R. Like Sync said, sometimes just knowing the enemy has an aegis equipped is enough to make you think twice.

It's important for players to sonically and visually (at all graphics levels) be able to discern what's going on in the game as much as possible. Especially when it comes to very critical effects such as a massive Damage Reflect.

On 6/15/2020 at 11:46 PM, Head said:

did you think aegis is supposed to be stealthy? Like some kind of trap? Lol

It used to be stealthy. 

If its meant to go in another direction then its fine. 

Aegis was OP before when there was no graphic, considering how inexpensive it is to purchase. And that's coming from someone who builds it often. It's still fairly stealthy on drake if you leave W on and you're wearing the original red/orange skin.

Mother, is there a list of damages that it reflects? Why would it reflect queen's banes and not rancor's nukes for example?

It should reflect any damage you receive except damage that has already been reflected. So Rancor's nukes should reflect back to Rancor. Otherwise it's a bug if verified that needs to be addressed.