Sign in to follow this  
Yaldi

Tower Diving

Having Played Quite a lot of AOS and quite a lot of Dota 2 one thing that I think should be addressed is the lack of Tower Diving.

In Dota 2 this is something that can be done but has a geniune feeling of Risk associated with it, it feels nicely balanced.

In AoS this simply doesn't work, the damage on t1 towers is too high and the aggro is very punishing, I think there should be a way to make this more viable as it adds a nice dynamic to the game. Perhaps something along the lines of bonus damage on the towers vs hereos when there are no creeps there which then disappears when creeps are under the tower (so back dooring doesn't become too easy)? To me it just feels too safe...

Even though towers have been nerfed over the last year, I still find myself agreeing with the gist of your post. At the same time, I don't think many people realize that towers are weaker and have been traumatized by the uber strong towers of yester-year, which - out of sheer habit - makes them second guess their tower dives.

I think a slight nerf could help push the game momentum forward and promote lane rotations in your average games, something I've actively sought to do.

Currently T1/T2/T3 towers deal 150/175/200 Physical Damage with 50/65/80% Armor Penetration. On top of these numbers, Towers deal +0.5% Target Max Health, increasing by the same amount per successive shot.