Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deathbringer

Yig WTF?

21 posts in this topic

Who the hell wanted to nerf yig?

This is the worst yig i have ever seen. This hero was weak from it's begin and need much skill to make it useful in game. What's more it was only support hero. His w isn't diffrent much from drake q. His ulti is good but his speed is very low which mean that when u play it u need to heal yourself much and now u can't. I SERIOUSLY do not see any reason why someone would NERF it that much to the ground. His q is now completly useless since u can use it only 3 times and it took all your mana + it won;t help u in escape anymore 50 mana + 10% wtf?.

I played this hero since it was created ~2 years and i really wonder why anyone would do this to him. He was rarely pick to pub since it need a bit of skill. It was only picked from time to time in inh and all was ok. I've never seen anyone who would complain about yig so WHY u nerf him that much? It's just stupid.

OP John should get nerf not stukov and summers xd

Plus yig was support from it's begin. It was not good int hero. Nerfing dps or int seems more resonable than nerfing poor support...  Really ... i just would like to undearstand why. :(

Edited by Deathbringer

You're not doing the math right my dear.

Buffs

His Q's damage was increased 60/100/140/180 + (30% INT) from 55/85/115/145 + (20% INT).
His Q cast range was increased by 100%.
Q has 3 charges now and you can now actually apply max stacks of Q on enemies more easily.
Yig has a new alt OP skin.

Nerfs

Cooldown was increased to 15 at all levels from 5/4/3/2.
Projectile speed reduced.
Higher skill ceiling? (Um...)

Generally, all heroes had their energy costs increased. I don't think Yig was one of them. This isn't a nerf in anyway, it's a change to the way you manage your energy, as the tools to replenish your energy are more immediately available to you than ever before.

If anything, the changes were meant to further cement his role as a support. His damage was not buffed so he can become a caster, it was buffed to be in proportion with the energy cost. Q is still all about the slow and self heal, but requiring better targeting from an optionally safer distance.

Deathbringer likes this

Still do not know if this buff really works out. I was used to spam his q and it healed me much more than now...

8 hours ago, MOTHER said:

Generally, all heroes had their energy costs increased. I don't think Yig was one of them.

Yig is one of them. 50 energy + 10 % to use q.  This is too much specially it was previously just 30 energy... so it's really HUGE nerf.

It is harder for support to get energy specially at begin where u can use it like 3-4 time per lane and u are out of mana. This is way too much really...

If u can't come back to previous mana spend than mayby just buff it a little so u can use 4-5 time per lane something like 30 energy + 10 % couse this q is really usless right now.

Edited by Deathbringer

8 hours ago, MOTHER said:

If anything, the changes were meant to further cement his role as a support. His damage was not buffed so he can become a caster, it was buffed to be in proportion with the energy cost. Q is still all about the slow and self heal, but requiring better targeting from an optionally safer distance.

There was no need to cement his role as a support since u couldn't play other role with him. As caster it is just a fail since he is not fast enough to escape sneeky situation (as null, stukov etc). He got only ult to stop enemy from coming. As the solo lane caster he can only carry at begin of the game where good grep can kill enemy (with possibility to ulti stun) but there is no way (specially in late game) yig can solo kill some other caster like cow etc or dps as shadow, nova etc which make him ONLY support. His q was the only thing leting him escape (with much mana) and now it's just pointless...

The new Q allows him to play out the rest of his kit from a safer distance. He shouldn't need to escape anymore because your positioning during laning or team fights should adapt to these changes.

But fair points about energy. Buffing his energy cost to what it was is too easy a way out though, because I said I am trying to keep damage output and energy cost/risks to be proportionate for all heroes. 

Would you be content with buffing his potential energy gain from his heroic? This would make it more purposeful within his kit and incentivize good W's and R's. We'll try different things and hopefully you will come to terms with Yig 7. 

For now and until next patch is out though, please consider purchasing Scavenger's Veil, Hive Symbiosis, and Symphonic Seed on Yig. Also using each faction's Imperial Sanctum in the Forests. 

Deathbringer likes this

7 minutes ago, MOTHER said:

Would you be content with buffing his potential energy gain from his heroic? This would make it more purposeful within his kit and incentivize good W's and R's. We'll try different things and hopefully you will come to terms with Yig 7.

Agree. Increasing his energy gain from heroic can rebalanse the one lost on q. Need to try this in practise.

So looking forward for the next patch :)

MOTHER likes this

5 hours ago, OPReN said:

Just play Overwatch with the rest of us bra....

OH teach me play overatch - I noob

24 minutes ago, ZERATUL said:

No point teaching you fell just look how much you feed in lol :/

Just noob like you cant be teacher)))

Yigs Q has cost % energy since its release. Which is why the heroic restores % energy.

And why not play all of the games mentioned?

MOTHER likes this

On 06/08/2017 at 3:31 PM, AceSpade said:

Just noob like you cant be teacher)))

You on EUW? If so what's your IGN. 

On ‎10‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 8:07 AM, Aphonia said:

You on EUW? If so what's your IGN. 

On EUW my nick is   IamFe11

Butbe careful - me super puper noob  C Zera&Fighter

Edited by AceSpade