• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Sharingan

Sharingan
  • +4 Donor
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:24 AM

OMG what can you do with 200.

$1-2k at least. We're talking about gaming here not MS word.

2nd hand parts are unreliable and you could end up with a pile of junk that will cause a lot of grief.

You'd need a machine that can play at a higher graphics level given some of the features don't show up unless it's medium.

Adam, SCV's suggestion seems pretty good, set up a go fund me account bro and let's see what the community can put together.

Then maybe put something on the splash screen to publicise the go fund me account and let them know it's for a development machine.

Incentive being good will and the possibility of new heroes/items/terrain/skins etc.

Unless Blizzard has something against that as well?

#62 MOTHER

MOTHER

You can call me MOM

• AoS Developer
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

I agree. Adam please do the math and set up a go fund me page. I think you'll be surprised what will come out of this community. I know your time is more limited than before, as is all our time, but some time is better than no time.

#63 Yaldi

Yaldi

Ye-oldi

• 2,573 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

Can I have a pc too plz?

#64 AtomiK

AtomiK

Game Design

• Administrator
  • 3,934 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

View PostJessika, on 05 January 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

I agree. Adam please do the math and set up a go fund me page. I think you'll be surprised what will come out of this community. I know your time is more limited than before, as is all our time, but some time is better than no time.

I have been making changes on my cheap laptop the last few months. I just can't play an actual game because my fps drops to unplayable after a few minutes. And I know it's a bad idea to buy a PC right now because I know myself and I will not do well in my classes this semester. But SCV had showed me a decent build for around 500

Atomic.Disruptor, PLASMIC.Void, Executor.Artanis, Militant.Avenger, Guardian.Azadar Mech.Airik Pyro.Maniac (Created)

Khyrak.Avenger

The Voice told me, “If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope. If you are a leader, you will become the president.”

Now I know what the Voice meant... I played AoS and became AtomiK.

#65 PlantMan

PlantMan
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

Dat pigga nussy > AoS. Real talk

#66 MOTHER

MOTHER

You can call me MOM

• AoS Developer
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

View PostAtomiK, on 05 January 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

I have been making changes on my cheap laptop the last few months. I just can't play an actual game because my fps drops to unplayable after a few minutes. And I know it's a bad idea to buy a PC right now because I know myself and I will not do well in my classes this semester. But SCV had showed me a decent build for around 500

I think that is really achievable. But I understand that your studies are and should be a priority. You know yourself best, so it's up to you. Personally speaking and I mean this with complete sincerity, I am willing to match the community's donation dollar for dollar.

#67 Jaysi

Jaysi

The Casual

• 2,023 posts
  • LocationIowa, United States of America

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:23 AM

View PostJessika, on 05 January 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

Personally speaking and I mean this with complete sincerity, I am willing to match the community's donation dollar for dollar.

Ok community, let's break Jessikas bank

#68 PlantMan

PlantMan
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:04 AM

View PostJaysi, on 06 January 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

Ok community, let's break Jessikas bank

Jaysi you and your fellow engineers going to unite? I'm still unemployed for a few years before a bit of $$$ rolls in.

#69 Sharingan

Sharingan
  • +4 Donor
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:21 AM

View PostPlantMan, on 06 January 2017 - 02:04 AM, said:

Jaysi you and your fellow engineers going to unite? I'm still unemployed for a few years before a bit of $$$ rolls in.

typical - engineering carrying medicine

#70 PlantMan

PlantMan
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostSharingan, on 06 January 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

typical - engineering carrying medicine

I'd argue but the funky machines and computerised surgery; aka fidgety, painstakingly annoying but 'better for the patient', procedures are the undisputed future :(

#71 Worker

Worker
  • +2 Donor
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:16 AM

Hey i did a donation were is my badge

#72 Yaldi

Yaldi

Ye-oldi

• 2,573 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:56 AM

View PostPlantMan, on 06 January 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

I'd argue but the funky machines and computerised surgery; aka fidgety, painstakingly annoying but 'better for the patient', procedures are the undisputed future :(

Not the first time you have been carried by an engineer eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users